Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 361 to 380 of 4,706

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Did you snag the collector's edition on the second round? Let me know how that goes...I think you are in the US (I'm too lazy to look it up) and I have an Amazon preorder as well as the BB one (I was hoping Amazon may have a lower price by the time it ships) so while I was going to cancel one I can sit on them both if you need.

Also wth happened in here?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

urrutiap

played little more of post game Generations Ultimate.

Did the G rank *3 Valstrax Urgent with other people online. my hunter rank went up to 12. Nice I guess but there a quest or whatever that raises your hunter rank up to the 100s?

urrutiap

JaxonH

@Northwind
I’ll do you one better and just block you. How’s that.

I’m just done. I apologize and you take the opportunity to lecture. I ask can we start over and you reply in a blazing text wall of fury.

I’m done. No hard feelings. I just don’t have the time or patience for this kind of attitude.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I figured you’d get in on the Collector Edition 😂 The real question is, will you get the special edition Switch if one is announced? I’m not sure how big of a MH fan you are, but there’s no way I can pass up on a MH Switch. Unless they make it super lame like they did on MHGU, which was normal grey joycon with a logo on the back. Easy pass if that’s the case.

I also put in an order for x2 CEs at GS, BestBuy and Amazon. Cancelled the GS order once I secured on Amazon. Don’t plan to keep more than 2, but they always come damaged. So whichever 2 are best condition, I’ll return the other 2.

Anyways, how’s it been going? Feel like I haven’t seen you around in forever until just recently. Last we spoke you were getting the DQ Switch. Feels like a long time ago. Are you a big MH fan? I mean, obviously big enough to get the CE, but, I don’t recall you playing with us back in the MHGU, MHG or MH4U days. Then again, I have a horrible memory, so maybe you did.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Howdy. Yeah I left the site for a bit (I still consider myself on vacation but I apparently don't have the self control to stay away after 6 years here), I got tired of all the bickering and I just wasn't having fun here anymore. Anyway.

I actually don't like MH. I started with the Wiiu version, which was interesting, but I felt the movement was very clunky. At first I assumed that I just needed to get used to it, as I play games like Nioh or Way of the samurai which while faster have somewhat stiff movement... but it never clicked. I like the Tokiden games so I kept hoping it would click. I do think some of my lack of enjoyment was due to so many entries being on the 3ds. As you know I'm 3/4 blind (ok some of that is joking but I start out with handicap!) so while I love many of the games that the 3ds has I was the first one to run up with a shovel and declare it dead. My hope is since I liked it the best on wiiu (which isn't saying much) that switch will click...after all I'm back into pokemon now due to the change in console. My other issue is the gameplay loop is boring to me...I like defeating things to protect something/someone but the cosmetic grind doesn't do anything for me.

I do have a weird habit of buying Monster Hunter merch as it is well made. I have the fake leather 3ds holder from I think 4 and it still is in amazing shape despite holding my both my XLs and sometimes my ds lite. That being said I would not buy a limited edition console. I'm trying to cut back on my excess spending so unless it's a Zelda gold system I'm good with my DQ system. As usual though I'm sure I'd like a pair of the joycons. I really wish that Nintendo sold the limited joycons separately. Gamestop had the animal crossing switch near me for 4 hundo and I thought about it just for the joycons...glad I didn't but still. I got the CE, because I decided to jump in on the amiibo if I was going to pick up this game (I didn't do the Stories amiibo) and because I knew it would sell out.

I think my thing with MH is I WANT to like it...but it has not clicked for me. This will be my last try. If it doesn't mesh I'll stick with Stories.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ulysses

@Spanjard Wish I could upvote a forum comment

The CE for Rise will be my first amiibo! I would like the Palico one as well, but tax + shipping + $20 makes it a hard sell... Unless the layered armor turns out to be incredible of course.

@Ryu_Niiyama That's so funny, I still have that Monster Hunter leather case too! Back in the day I imported it from Play Asia or some other, and the zipper still works wonderfully (usually it's the first bit of hardware to break on unscrupulous products). Yes, it was for MH4, and after I bought it I was forever annoyed that the New3DSXL was just slightly bigger than the base XL since the Monster Hunter N3DS was a tight squeeze.

I feel the same way about the Animal Crossing Switch! Now that it's restocked at $300, I'm desperate to splurge on it even though I know in my mind that I'm waiting until 2021 for a supposed Switch Pro upgrade.

What I am about to pull the trigger on however is the Animal Crossing merch from Play Asia, like the tote bag, etc lol. It's just too cozy

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
That’s fair. I think you’ll like Rise though. It was a hard game to play on 3DS, and it’s a hard series to get into, especially the pre-World entries. World was SO good though, especially for new players. Rise will have all those same advantages- maybe not quite as visually stunning but still, at least for the Switch, visually stunning in its own right.

It’s hard to describe the addiction and fun until you experience it for yourself. If I were to just explain it to you it would probably sound pretty lame because you have no investment. But once you experience the combat after you start getting kind of good, it becomes crazy fun fighting monsters. And the thrill of fighting newer monsters and harder monsters is what drives you to want to get better gear and weapons so you can survive and take out that super hard monster. The fashion is secondary. The combat and fights themselves are the real star of the show, though. And because each hunt plays out differently it never really feels repetitive. At least, not by the time you’ve gotten an armor set or weapon. It will eventually feel repetitive if you keep fighting the same monster 100 times but not after 3-4 times. And even then, it’s only once in a while you even do that. Only when you want new gear. Otherwise you do a quest once and move on. Obviously you’ll fight the monsters once more in higher rank but it kind of feels like a different fight because you’re in a higher rank and they have better moves, and they’re in different quests.

If you need some help starting out, let me know. It really does make a difference having a vet kind of show you the ropes when you’re starting out. Plus I’m sure there’s a lot of others here who would be happy to hunt.

I hear you on cutting back spending. I’ve done the same. Still spend a lot, much MUCH less than I was even a year ago. It helps only buying games on Switch and Steam. I actually have that same MH4U faux leather case, though I never actually used it. Oh, and ya, MH Stories 2 looks really good. It felt horrible not knowing if we’d get a new MH game on Switch after World. I mean, we had leaks, but you never really truly know until it’s announced. When I saw we were getting not one but two new MH games, on top of MHGU which we already have (that’s THREE different exclusive MH games on Switch), it felt like a giant weight lifted off my shoulders.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ulysses Oh no, I'd say welcome to amiibo but it can become an addiction. I have over 100 now...and most of them are in storage (sobs) and every time I say I'm done, something makes me go and put down money again. I actually can't wait for smash to be done to put me out of my misery. ....Although I really hope Impa gets an amiibo for the new Hyrule Warriors.

Got my case from play asia as well. I usually do a "Japanese run" twice a year where I let them (or nin nin or nippon yassan) set fire to my bank account. At least I don't have to buy multiple systems anymore.

@JaxonH I have to say I felt a little excited seeing the Rise footage so I hope you are right. I've been thinking about picking up world since I won't be getting the new systems. I'll put that money towards hard drives so I can actually play my games.

Yeah I lost my job due to covid (got a better paying one to replace it but wiped out my savings in the interim) and I want a house in two years plus I'm about to start classes again so I need that money to go towards more important things. I got lucky that I was underwhelmed by the new twins so I'll be sticking with my 4 and one, and since I have a ton of backlog, I'm hoping that will keep my in the black. That being said things are going well, I just want to take advantage of the extra fundage (and I'm sick of renting). I may try the online play. I keep such odd hours and had negative experiences when I was much younger so I never got into online play beyond fighting games. But I suppose now more than ever, it is a good time to be a social gamer.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I thought about it, but I realized that I really didn't care all that much about the amiibo or stickers, so it made no sense to pay the $40 premium. I think I'll probably just download it, since MH games are generally ones I return to a lot (at least, I did on 3DS), and it's nice to have it permanently accessible on my console.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
World is so good. And online is free on Steam. If you have it on there, I’m always game to play together if you want. And I just started a new save, so I’m at the beginning too. World is so fantastic. Definitely just say the word if you want to give it a go. Or even if you play solo, I think you’ll love it. I was never into playing online, never had any interest... until I got into MH. Now it’s one of the few games I actually look forward to playing online. Partly because it’s not competitive and you work as a team, and I love that comradery, but also because it’s just crazy fun hunting with others. I’ve made so many hunting buddies over the years. Some of the best experiences in gaming in my life were with others while hunting. It’s fantastic hunting with people you know from gaming sites. Lots of people always available, you at least somewhat know them already and it’s easy to contact each other.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job. That sucks. I got laid off for a few weeks but I was really lucky and got recalled soon after. I know a lot of others weren’t so fortunate. But it sounds like it worked out for the best if you got a better job as a result. It may have cost you your savings but in the long run that’s a big win. Buying a house is a great investment. I don’t have my own house but my brother just bought one a few years ago. I decided to invest in gold and silver for a hard asset safety net instead of a house, and am now focused on stock market investments, but a house is an investment that serves a purpose. Money saved on rent, equity that can be leveraged if needed, and, everyone needs a place to stay. Property taxes are the only thing that sucks. Watch out for that.

I’m also skipping the new consoles. Steam + Switch covers 99% of games, even MS exclusives and a few Sony exclusives. I spent a small fortune on 10 TB SSD space for my PC, but really, you kinda need that much space for a long term Steam library. Maybe not all in the beginning but overtime your library will grow. Over the years, mine has ballooned to nearly the entire 10 TB. I deleted all the games that also released on Switch though and saved at least 1-2 TB there. Aside from the few AAA games that took a severe downgrade like DOOM and Witcher 3. But ya, storage space is a real problem. I recommend getting an SSD if you can. It’s not a super duper mind blowing game changer like they’ve hyped them up to be, but they are nice, and do reduce load times and fast travel times, etc. Worth the extra cost, imo.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Cool, figured I'd offer. I'm going to sit on the preorder for a bit just in case someone around here needs one. (And back up in case either BB or Amazon falls through)

@JaxonH For me it is more of a lesson learned. I rented a house when I moved cross country, and the owner decided to sell it and renege on letting me renew my lease and he gave me so little notice I ended up car dwelling for several months. I never want to go through that again. But it is a good investment as well; you work IT in the Real Estate industry and you pick up a few things over time. So I'll rent out the house that I buy (fairly and not the way I was treated) when I am ready to move. I have some metals investments (as well as a bit coin miner), but my focus after I got a stable place to live (and then recovered from the income hit from COVID) has been on killing my student loan debt (classes start in march for me so need a clean slate...). I swear I will do back flips in the parking lot when I get that cleared. (note to self...never go to a private university again unless you hit the lottery)

I remember your situation with COVID; like a week after you got called back I was let go... but like I said I'm not complaining. The timing put me in the right place at the right time as the dude I'm replacing is retiring. Plus I like my boss...unlike my last job lol!

My GTX 980 will last me another year or two on ultra settings for most games I think so that will be my big console until I update the GPU. I'm over 300 in switch games so at this point I'm just trying to work that down. (I just picked up Pokemon Sword...I'm so behind). If I pick up World I'll get it on the xbox (goal is to buy hdds for the 4 and one next year) especially since I have gamepass.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

– Tsujimoto said the team “decided that it would be better for the players to understand… what the game is about” by going with Monster Hunter Rise as the name

– Tsujimoto added that they want to have a title “that reflects what it’s about rather than just a number”

– New way of naming the games also planned for the future

– Quests separated into the gathering hub for multiplayer and village quests for multiplayer returns for Monster Hunter Rise

– Single-player progression won’t affect your ability to play multiplayer quests and vice versa

– Cutscenes will no longer prevent you from joining multiplayer quests with friends like in Monster Hunter World

– Can skip cutscenes in single-player and multiplayer

– Can rewatch cutscenes later

– The devs laughed if they were inspired by Zelda: Breath of the Wild

– They have wanted to make a Monster Hunter with more freedom of movement since Monster Hunter Generations

– Capcom wants players to use the Wirebug in between attacks to make new combos

– Wirebug attacks not customizable

– Other new elements regarding actions the team can’t talk about yet

– No armor skills that affect the Wirebug

– Antidote icon changed

– Changes like this being made to suit the Switch screen

– No built in voice chat

– Not compatible with Nintendo Switch Online mobile app voice chat

– Can type messages and use pre-built messages, stickers, gestures to communicate

– Prowler Mode from Monster Hunter Generations not in Monster Hunter Rise

Ryozo Quote

I believe 'So Tasty' is in the game... There's actually a new, extra level of voice clips in general, which you may have noticed watching the footage. A hunter will say certain things during the action. With regards to that kind of taste of how it feels like for the player, we know that some people will know what they think classic Monster Hunter is, some people won't like changes to that sort of thing. So we do try and keep it so that you can adjust the experience to your own taste. So for example, you can actually turn off these voice clips. You can either reduce the frequency or you could even just turn it on to the classic grunts and groans if that's what Monster Hunter is to you. We're aware of the fact that people feel like there's a certain style that feels like Monster Hunter to them, and we want to make sure you can experience that if that's your preference.

response

No voice chat sucks, but everything else is either as expected or hype. Custom text shoutouts will suffice for necessary communication, as in MHGU, and we still have Discord. I already have one set up for MH voice chat, so I can just send invite links as needed, especially if hunting with anyone here (of course some prefer not using chat and that's fine too).

Separate village quests and hub quests is great! Was worried theyd combine them again like in World. Also, skipping cutscenes is a Godsend. They heard the complaints from World it seems.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ahhhhhh!!!

Gyro aiming in Monster Hunter Rise CONFIRMED By Ryoza and Ichinose!!!

Do you understand what this means!!!! Gyro!! In Monster Hunter Rise!!!

Ralizah

@JaxonH Nice. That'll make ranged combat more fun.

JoyBoy

Seriously? Gyro? That’s great news!

So can we use keyboard? I prefer typing over talking anyway. And how are they going to handle online? Like World? Or as in previous games? Any word on that?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
So, some good news and some bad. Mostly good though.

No voice chat. Not sure why, but ya. Still have custom text shoutouts for communicating so the necessary communication wont be an issue. And we can obviously use Discord for hunting groups when we want to chat.

The online hub quests will once again be separate from the village quests, which is awesome because it's way more content, and people who just want to do one or the other can.

Scaling monsters like World did is in tact as well, so the difficulty will vary based on the number of players.

Also, Arreks interview

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Also, drop in MP mid quest like World, and event quests will be able to be DOWNLOADED instead of only being available online for a set time period.

And we're back to the more personal 4 player lobbies, not the 16 player mega lobbies of World.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

@JaxonH Monster scaling is literally all I wanted for mp. It means guild quests should be fun and challenging regardless if you solo it or go in with a full crew.

Literally everything other than the lack of voice chat makes it sounds like this is going to be one of the best games in the series, and, frankly, I personally couldn't care less about voice chat.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
With how they’ve set up MH Rise, the hub is essentially the entire game’s equivalent of MH World. Playable solo? Check. Playable in MP with scaled difficulty? Check. Complete with cutscenes and everything to get a proper story-like experience? Check. Cutscenes can be skipped and no longer impede online play? Check.

That right there, even entirely ignoring the village quests, is the equivalent of MH World portable. Those who prefer the World style of just one set of quests shared for SP and MP, can have exactly that via the hub now. But for us diehards, we get double the content 😁

urrutiap

Waiting until March next year for Monster Hunter Rise is fine with me. I was just thinking about getting back into playing Monster Hunter 3 for my 3DS and still have alot to do in that game including fighting my first Golden Caedus and some triple monster quests.

Mosnters in Monster Hunter 3 i forgot what they look like
-Gobul
-Gigginox
-Purple Royal Ludroth
-the other Lagiacrus monsters
-and Jhen Mohran

also dunno if anyone else besides me remembers this but Volvidon , azuros, and Lagombi have been around since Monster Hunter 3

urrutiap

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic