Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 381 to 400 of 4,706

JaxonH

Higher quality footage of the TGS gameplay demo. This is much more crisp, isn’t nearly as compressed as previous footage. And it looks killer.

@urrutiap
Ya I remember fighting G rank Volvidon and Lagombi. Love Purple Ludroth.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IronWarrior94

What companion combo are you gonna have while playing solo? Palico+Palamute, double Palamute, or double Palico?
I think I'll try out double Palamute. I've heard in the recent interviews that the more aggressive you are with the monster, the more frequent the dogs will be in their attacks.
Seeing that footage, I hope there's a black fur option for the Palamute, so I can have both white and black.
On another note, I've noticed that Rise has a beastmaster feel going for it. The newest central gimmick, the wirebug, is a living creature instead of an inanimate tool, there's the more animalistic Palamutes for companions to contrast the anthropomorphic Palicos, and lastly endemic life found in maps can provide various buffs now. Rise is really putting emphasis on utilizing various animals to assist you during hunts, and as a fan of rpg/mmo class concepts like beastmasters and summoners I find that really cool.

IronWarrior94

Ulysses

@IronWarrior94 Palamute+Palico for solo. I'm very excited for Palamutes and also nostalgic for Felynes, so I will definitely enjoy using both!

After a while though I might bring certain combos for different quests. I could bring two Palamutes on a small monster slaying quest, or two Palicos for a capture quest to have plenty of trap laying.

Assuming they'll both have their own unique tech abilities like World, I could see certain load out combinations changing for different monsters! It will be fun to mix and match abilities between the two types for all sorts of quests.

Also... Capcom alluded to additional actions that they couldn't announce just yet. What if you now have action combo's in tandem with your Palamute and Palico, like team attacks that might utilize Wirebugs in some way? What if you even have unique team attacks between 2 Palamutes, 1+1 of each, and 2 Palico's for solo? Then you could choose your companions depending on the action combo's that you prefer! It could also explain why Capcom added companions to multiplayer quests, so that you can do team attacks with your companions, and even your fellow hunters' companions too!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses @IronWarrior94
I like the double Palamute, but I think I’ll go with one of each like Ulysses. Try to keep it balanced, although I’m sure there will be quests where I do two palamutes or two palicoes. I’m not sure the extent to which we’ll be able to customize and level up and collect palamutes and palicos (will it be more like MHGU or World in that respect?) but having a good variety would be nice.

I hadn’t even thought about action combos with our partners. The only thing that makes me think that might not be the case is the fact we saw people play at TGS and none of the moves involved the partners, but who knows. It would definitely be really cool if that is the case. I just wanna see my felynes ride a rocket barrel into the dome of a monster like they did in MHGU. They had such crazy attacks in that game! I almost feel a little disappointed the felynes won’t be focusing on attack much in this game. Doesn’t seem like the palamutes will be doing those kinds of crazy attacks.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Anyone who wants to gear up for Monster Hunter Rise with voice chat, you’ll want to act now.

On Switch, you need a headset that connects to the console via headphone jack (easy to extend to couch with a headphone jack extension cable) and then connects to phone via Bluetooth. The headset designed for this was discontinued, the Arctis 3 with Bluetooth from SteelSeries. It works fantastic and is the perfect solution for Switch voice chat via Discord.

But as I said, they’re discontinued and SteelSeries site is even sold out. However, Amazon has a few Renewed for like $87 which is a great price given the cheapest you can find them new now is $150 from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Bluetooth-Headset-Certifie...

Otherwise, SteelSeries does have some more expensive model headsets with Bluetooth, but the cheapest alternative I could find was $200. That might be worth the investment if you want a really nice headset that also connects via Bluetooth for voice chat. If you just want the headset for audio then I recommend the $99 Arctis 1 Wireless which uses a proprietary lag free frequency and USB-C dongle (Bluetooth for wireless audio kinda sucks because you have to buy a special BT dongle and there’s some lag, but for voice chat it’s excellent given the game audio is wired).

For the record, I own both the Arctis 3 with Bluetooth which I used for hundreds of hours of voice chat in MHGU, and the Arctis 1 Wireless which I use for audio on Switch and PC.

Edited on by JaxonH

Varkster

Just wanted to say I've actually been listening to some of MHGU soundtrack on Spotify when I'm not playing the game and damn is it catchy. Monster Hunter World doesn't have that effect on me at all (it's also on Spotify), so I really hope that the music is more on the MHGU side in Rise.

It's funny how when you're hunting you don't really ever even hear the music because you're just so focused on the hunt. It was a big surprise finding out that MHGU has a lot of cool themes that aren't the main theme and the cooking jingle.

Varkster

JaxonH

@Varkster
MH World suffered from the same issue Zelda BotW suffered from. Both incredible games, both some of my faves of all time, and both had great music in their own right... but both also had soundtracks that didn’t measure up to the grandeur of their respective series’ legacy.

MH Rise, at least so far, seems like a return to form in terms of soundtrack. Btw I had no idea MHGU soundtrack was on Spotify. That’s actually really awesome.

Varkster

@JaxonH Yeah I'd say that's a fair comparison, they went for the more "ambient" kind of soundtrack in World, which is a shame because they have a really strong soundtrack in most previous games. I'm not sure about this but maybe they even got a new team of composers for World and left the other team to work on the handheld titles, because even though the two styles sound similar there seems to be something missing in World's beats. I guess the little "crank" that most MHGU soundtracks have, usually somewhere in the middle, where the song really gets going and gets you really pumped, I just don't hear it in World.

I really like what I heard so far from MHRise but obviously I haven't heard much - just the trailer music, which does indeed sound like MHGU and the music they showed off in the gameplay footage, which I didn't quite listen to because people were talking over it.

I have a separate playlist on my Spotify just for movie/game sountracks, sometimes when I play a game I look up on Spotify to see if I can find a sountrack I like and sometimes when I'm in the mood I like to turn something on that gets you going. Did that with Black Mesa, SOMA, Mass Effect 3, Tekken 7, etc. Some good stuff out there on Spotify, just a shame that most Japanese composers only started posting their soundtracks there very recently, which means you're not likely to find games like Persona 1-3, Trauma Center/Trauma Team, etc. It's a shame because those games had some killer music.

I would also post some tunes I really like from MHGU but I can't write/read Japanese, unfortunately...

Varkster

IronWarrior94

@Varkster For World, Capcom wanted to approach a style of music that was still faithful to Monster Hunter but had a "Hollywood feel". This video goes into the making of World's music and probably explains how it was handled differently from past game soundtracks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BS9_neMyesM

As for the music in Rise, from what little is heard Gaijinhunter believes the composer is Reo Uratani, who was the composer for Generations and responsible for each of the Fated Four themes and Valstrax.

IronWarrior94

JaxonH

crimsontadpoles

That countdown is good motivation for me. I'm currently at 9 star Village and G2 Hub in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, so I'd like to try and get that completed and have a break from Monster Hunter before Rise releases.

As for the music, I wasn't too keen on World's soundtrack. I get what they were trying to do, but the more ambient orchestral style lacked the punch that earlier games had. If it is the composer that did the Fated Four themes from Generations doing the music in Rise, then it should be good.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

TheWingedAvenger

I wonder whether this will be more similar to World or Generations. In other words, will it have an open world to explore, or be linear like Generations?

TheWingedAvenger

-Green-

I'm assuming you mean whether it'll have open maps instead of segmented maps like in older MH games? If so, the devs already confirmed they're doing more open maps that encourage exploration. They want you to make the most of the increased verticality and mobility to find secrets and cool areas in the game.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Solaine

Oh, do i enjoy the more open maps in World. I am glad that it seems they will keep going for that

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Joeynator3000

Alright, long story short, I did a big move and lost access to my computer for a couple of weeks. Anyways I'm back and kinda forgot about the thread, lol.

Anyways, I realized that Rise seems to be like World but ends up fixing a lot of the issues I have had in World. I'm still curious about other maps because, we only have one map at the moment. Hopefully it sticks to the more simplistic/smaller layout and doesn't go Coral Highlands on us or something. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

The maps seem to be about the same size as MHGU maps, but completely open, and definitely not as cluttered.

I LOVED the intricate maps in World, especially Ancient Forest. My issue was Ancient Forest’s 4 levels of vertical map layers which was confusing as heck. And Coral Highlands could get way too busy in some places. But it was awesome visually, at least.

These maps seem more open and arena-like, similar to the pre-World maps, but with added verticality and being completely open. I really dig the design approach. I’ve always been fond of the more open arena-style areas. But SO glad it’s all connected in a single map without loading screens. That was the best change World brought. Seems they’re keeping most of the good changes from World. I just hope they go back to the old skill system with 10 point activation thresholds and negative skills, and craftable decorations.

There was a leak on reddit about this game before it was announced, that after the fact shows they had info as if referenced the dogs and the open maps, the wirebugs, etc. But the post also mentioned mounting/riding monsters and steering them would be a big part of the gameplay. Seems like that might be the other “big gameplay reveal” they couldn’t talk about yet.

Edited on by JaxonH

Joeynator3000

Yeah, only maps I was okay with in World were Wildspire (my favorite honestly) and Rotted Vale (it was basically just a spiral, lol). I didn't spend too much in Elder's Recess so I can't say too much there, and I never played Icebourne, so...yeah. lol

As for the mounting comment, they already said they would be revamping that mechanic, sooooo....yeah. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

JaxonH

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

I love little things like that. They're a blink in the grand scheme of things, but IMO it contributes something to the game's world as a whole.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic