Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 341 to 360 of 4,706

Ulysses

@JaxonH I fully admit, it's terribly difficult to opt out after we've all gotten used to being plugged in, so to speak. Always keeping our ears to the ground for the latest bits of info shared online. But I am set on trying my best!

I'll still keep an eye out for a Switch Pro tie in announced sometime in January-February. I absolutely cannot miss out on the Limited Edition Switch whenever it goes online.

@Northwind @Ryu_Niiyama I'm up for hunting together in GU while we wait for March! I haven't completed a single Guild Quest however lol, so I'm completely beginning from scratch!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

urrutiap

I beat the Valstrax of the game's main Village story urgent yada yada

Time to get back into Freedom Unite and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and maybe get back into Monster Hunter World and start using food skills in World if there are any

urrutiap

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Amiibo

Magnamalo
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/toys-to-life/prod...

Palico

Palamute

The shipping is charged individually, but being exclusive theres no other choice.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

It's been a bit since I've bought an Amiibo, but they're $20 now? Darn inflation lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
Lol, and $25 for Magnamalo šŸ˜‚

But ya, prices went up from $13 to $16, now $20. I think itā€™s the rising costs due to C19 though thatā€™s affecting future production. The fact Magnamalo costs more also leads me to believe its more expensive to make due to its complexity.

But ya, inflation also likely plays a small part as well, accounting for $2-3 of price increase. After all, itā€™s been like 5-6 years now since they first launched on the market. Maybe 7 years by the time these release.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

@JaxonH I'm used to some larger/more complex ones like Magnamalo being more expensive. I was used to a lot of them being up to $16, but $20 took me by surprise when I clicked the link for Palamute. XD

Thanks for the heads up. Pre-ordered!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

-Green-

Is it March yet?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

@-Green-
Ugh, tell me about it. I can only rewatch the trailer and gameplay segment so many times...

How bout a playthrough of MH World on Steam while we wait? (to anyone here thatā€™s interested). Since I switched over from PS/Xbox to PC and rebought all my games, I started a new save file, which is perfect timing given the final update with Fatalis just released, all the updates and patches are out and the game now uses DLSS 2.0, which helped me see a 20-30 FPS jump for 4k 60fps Ultra settings using the High Quality Texture Pack.

Edited on by JaxonH

urrutiap

while Monster Hunter Rise will arrive here in the US in March next year, I might jump back into Monster Hunter World besides getting back into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my 3DS along with Freedom Unite for my PSP.

I still have alot to do in Monster Hunter 3 such as fighting the first Goldy Caedus and another go at a Shen Mohran whatever its called the giant desert monster which is like fighting a Lao Shan in Freedom Unite.

Ive played enough of Generations and Generations Ultimate. nothing else to do in those two games anytway.

Plus online multiplayer for Monster Hunter 4 noone pops up except maybe for the G rank Elder Hall but everyone there still bunch of elitists

urrutiap

JaxonH

@urrutiap
Gosh dang, youā€™re getting it in! 3 MH games?! Even just one is a serious commitment.

I played so much of MH3U on Wii U, farmed a mixed Ceadus set for end game and got a pretty great charm, too. Put more hours into that game than any other game Iā€™ve ever played. 600 hrs, actually.

I havenā€™t played all of Iceborn in MH World though. It kinda lost my interest with the clutch claw and how you werenā€™t rewarded for softening a monsterā€™s parts, you were punished for not softening. But this time Iā€™m just gonna ignore the clutch claw and play it normally. If it means monsters take less damage, so be it. I welcome the extra challenge.

JaxonH

@Northwind
I own every amiibo ever made, barring the Mario cereal box and amiibo cards. Just got the Joker and Hero amiibo the other day. And I'm a huge MH fan. So I'll eat the cost.

But ya, Gamestop absolutely tears into customers wallets when they can. The shipping is outrageous. And they may have jacked up the price to help recoup costs of paying for exclusivity. But I've definitely paid all kinds of pieces for amiibo over the years. Usually Smash line is consistent but the other releases, less so. Yarn yoshi amiibo in 3 colors, Poochie and the large one, Detective Pikachu, the 5 Shovel Knight amiibo, Box Boy, etc.

In any case, you can always consider importing the amiibo from Japan, if you can score an order on Amazon JP. Probably come out to be less that way than Gamestop.

Ulysses

@Northwind Yeah, that's a terrible markup by Gamestop. If I wasn't such a huge fan and bought collector's editions for both MHTri and 4U, I would have passed on Rise's.

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Northwind
Actually, the amiibo arenā€™t one time use.

Theyā€™re one time use for special layered armor, but after that you can scan daily for a lottery of items. What those items are I donā€™t know. Maybe like, get 5 mega potions or get 5 demon drugs? If itā€™s a lottery, that means you can reap infinite rewards from the amiibo as long as you own them. Thatā€™s a ton of content over time. Not that I think that justifies them jacking up the price but it is something to consider. I hope they do drop rates with special percentages for all the items, with like, a 1-2% chance of getting 5 slickaxes. That would be so dope.

@Ulysses
Ya, itā€™s not so much the price, because eh, theyā€™re an extra $4 each and $9 more for Magda, which sucks but, not really a big deal if thatā€™s all it was. Itā€™s the fact thereā€™s also shipping, charged individually, on top of the premium, that really hurts the consumer.

If it were any other franchise I would take a long, hard pause. But itā€™s Monster Hunter. Hell would freeze over before I passed up on the amiibo for my favorite series of all time coming to my favorite system of all time. And, the layered armor and subsequent daily item lottery does at least add some value. Something I actually care about and will use, as opposed to the benefits of other amiibo I will never use (like Joker and Hero, which I love but will never actually use in a game).

Edited on by antdickens

Tyranexx

@Northwind Hmm, could definitely be GameStop inflating the price thanks to the exclusivity. I'm only interested in one of the Amiibo - the Palamute - and am fine with passing on the others. I do wish I could have picked cheaper shipping though. I'm fine with paying less for a longer delivery time in 99/100 cases. $6 is a bit steep for my liking, and the same day option was $10-11. The GS store near me has awesome employees for the most part, but things at the corporate level are getting increasingly scummy.

JaxonH

@Northwind
Well, they havenā€™t actually specified we need to rescan. The video said, ā€œalso, you can enter a daily lotteryā€. Itā€™s a fair assumption weā€™ll need to rescan, and Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s a likely outcome, but that is just an assumption, for now anyways.

Also, irrespective of the quality of content or opinions of being artificial, it is still content. And if weā€™re talking about what you get in terms of content, it would be remiss to simply omit the fact you do indeed get more than just layered armor. Personally I donā€™t really care whether or not I have to rescan. I mean, ya itā€™s less hassle if you donā€™t, but it takes like five seconds either way so, itā€™s really not an issue to me.

Iā€™m not entirely convinced theyā€™re worried about reselling, as the amiibo allotments always sell out regardless. Plus again, we donā€™t know if we even have to rescan yet anyways.

But ya, the item lottery is actually far more valuable to me than a single layered armor set. Not that the armor set isnā€™t appreciated, but items in MH are like currency. Good as gold. If I can get a steady passive income of random items, thatā€™ll actually come in quite handy.

JaxonH

@Northwind
Your original point was your personal opinion on how you view content. Your point holds for you, certainly, but not necessarily for anyone else. That opinion doesnā€™t make discussion moot. After all, opinions are the driving force of discussion. If anything, your original point (your personal viewpoint) makes discussion desirable.

Edited on by JaxonH

Tyranexx

@Northwind The one in the town I'm near is still thankfully open, though with restrictions; I typically only use it to buy used games and offload games that aren't worth the hassle of selling on eBay. The next closest one is a 35-40 minute drive. There used to be another in a different direction, but that one closed down years ago.

I figure it's only a matter of time before the entire chain goes under. I'm mixed about that. On one hand, I dislike many of the company's practices and corporate decisions. On the other, that would result in many lost jobs, plus that would only leave Walmart as the brick and mortar store of choice for game purchases here. No Targets or Best Buys within short driving distance.

Edited on by Tyranexx

JaxonH

@Northwind
I gotcha. Didnā€™t mean to misrepresent. Just misunderstood, no worries. Being the second time Iā€™ve seen you say thereā€™s no point in further discussion to me, that provoked in me the need to express just how much I hate when discussion is shut down because an opinion differs, and in the process didnā€™t realize you were referring to something else.

edit
Was that edited lecture after I apologized for an unintentional misunderstanding really necessary?

I've not misrepresented you before. Furthermore, misunderstanding is not misrepresenting. I did read everything you said. Misundersfandings happen. That doesnt mean I didnt read what you said, or didnt read it carefully enough. The notion that, "you would have understood if only you read more carefully" is... let's just say, is high minded

I'm not going to ask for clarification if your post didnt seem unclear. It seemed perfectly clear. I just misunderstood. These things happen. I apologized. Proceeding to then lecture me about reading is poor form. Learn to accept an apology gracefully rather than using the opportunity to get on a high horse lecture.

And it doesnt really matter if you said "the use" is artificial or not, that was never the point. The point was you misrepresented the amiibo content, and used the "artificial use" to excuse your intentional omission once I pointed out layered armor is NOT all you get, despite your claims.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Northwind
I think we got off on the wrong foot, and for trivial reasons I dont think either of us meant to offend. Can we start over? I just want to get along.

How does that sound to you šŸ˜€

JoyBoy

Guys, go play some Iceborn and chill out a bit.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic