Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,706

Pizzamorg

@Snatcher does it feel really hard without all the streamlining and QoL changes World and Rise made? Because all that content won’t be worth much if I am constantly getting my ass kicked, lol.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

DomGC wrote:

@Pizzamorg the biggest differences are animations being a little more rigid overall, no walking while consuming items and how it all looks. Last one's subjective, of course, but it's not as different as people coming off world might think considering how some idiots talk about the older games online.

You know how to play MH, I'd say load the demo and play that a bit to see if you can get behind the older design or not. The general structure and the controls in Monster Hunter haven't changed a whole lot since Tri.

Is there a demo? I am looking on the UK store and can’t see one.

Pizzamorg

Not your fault! Thanks for checking (: Since it’s going cheap I might pick up the cart anyway and see how I get on.

Ralizah

GU has a demo in the U.S., so I'm be surprised if it didn't in other regions. With that said @Pizzamorg , buying it is a much better strategy, because the demos don't provide a good representation of the gameplay loop.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@DomGC I think they removed it.

@Pizzamorg Is it hard? Maybe a little, but I ended up getting so used to it, even tho i'm not even in HR yet, World was actually harder for me after I when't from Gen to world.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

MHGU will require an adjustment phase. But you'll adapt.

Many of us were enjoying Monster Hunter back in the 3rd and 4th gen (some even before that) and we all loved it as our favorite series, even then.

But MHGU made major strides in terms of QoL. It won't seem like that coming from World and Rise, but play MH3U and then play MHGU, and you'll be shocked at how much faster and smoother it is, how you can hold a button to keep gathering or keep crafting, how you can order supplies for the field, or send items back once per hunt, disable traps, see cut tails on the map, transmog armor, etc etc.

What sucks is gathering, even in MHGU where you can finally hold the button instrad of pressing it 5 times. Thankfully, there's so much free DLC for item packs it negates a lot of the early game gathering grind (pre-World you'd spend a good 5-10 hrs going out of your way to gather to build up your stock, then slow the pace down once a baseline was reached).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jrpglover

@jaxonH I actually enjoy the grind and gathering aspect of MH series and it's one of the biggest things I miss 😂
I used to spend 10+hours a day playing WoW gathering ore and herbs to sell as I find it so therapeutic

Jrpglover

JaxonH

@Jrpglover
It's funny, I do too. I used to LOVE going out on a Harvest Tour quest in MH3U and just gathering ore and bugs for 50 minutes.

But it can become tiresome after so much of it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jrpglover

@JaxonH yea I used to do that too and ye it did get a little tiresome especially if you were after a specific material that was a low chance of getting and could only get it from like zone 4&8 that was / is MH biggest downfall imo all the ores just look the same instead of making them unique and actually interesting to interact with

Jrpglover

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is $16 on the eShop.

Monster Hunter Rise (digital code) is $25 on Walmart website.

RandomNPC

Hi, new ro switch and looking for some online games. Dropped 100s of hours into Monster Hunter World so this new one has grabbed my attention now I have the console.
What's the community like on Switch, are you still able to join 8 different squads or is it more limited on a handheld, and are there many 420 friendly ones set up?

RandomNPC

Jrpglover

So I used to main bow in older gens but haven't touched a bow since rise as I switched to switchaxe but I've decided to try and go back to the bow which is best in rise piercing or rapid I know rapid used to be better unless you've got s large monster but rise seems to have quite a lot of big monsters for endgame so is rapid still king or is piercing the new go to?

Jrpglover

JaxonH

@RandomNPC
You can join up to 10 “Hunter Connect” groups. Personally I never used them, but they’re there if you like that approach.

All Monster Hunter games besides World base the online system on 4 player lobbies, as 4 players are the max number of hunters who can go out on a quest. A lot of players disliked lobbies with 16 because it resulted in a constant mish mash, or, it resulted in 4 players banding together anyways so it was no different than before. Rise uses the classic 4 player lobby system.

Community is great, feels more like the old school community pre-World. But it is different. It’s more localized. Search for an open lobby or invite some friends. There’s no voice chat built in, but there is an absolute truckload of preset messages and customizations and stickers and gestures that you can use.

@Jrpglover
Not sure. I only played HBG for 50 hrs in MHGU. Pretty sure they’re all viable in Rise. Use whatever’s more fun.

Pizzamorg

Yeah, the online functionality is naturally limited as a lot of the assumed conveniences just don’t exist natively on the Switch, but Rise has been the only game I have played through NSO that hasn’t been an experience of constant lag, error messages and disconnects. You will find that some things like some of the early Rampages have basically no population, but generally, this is probably one of the only smooth and worry free NSO experiences you can have.

RandomNPC

@JaxonH Thank you, Im definitely a social Moster Hunter. Some of my most memorable experiences on World were night's we didn't even go out hunting, just stayed in the gathering hall messing around and chatting.
We spent a full weekend doing an ArmWrestling Championship and ended up with over 30 people - we needed 2 separate Gathering Hub lobbies and had pre set times for when people would turn up for their round, It was epic! The wife was away on a hen weekend and I can't remember the last time I smoked that much either lol, felt like a teenager again waking and baking for 3 days solid - it was messy (A few of the guys that were drinking had to bail as they couldn't keep up.
Hopefully the Switch has as good a community. Doesn't voice chat work through a phone app? I've signed up to the online service so I have it ready for multiplayer games.

RandomNPC

JaxonH

@RandomNPC
Only for certain games, mostly 1st party. .And tbh, at least for me, not having it makes it feel a bit less stressful- you don’t have to worry about talking to ppl if you don’t want, and I’m usually not one for random socializing (though I did go through a phase back in MH3U on Wii U chatting with randoms from Germany). Necessary communication still works fine via gestures, edited shoutouts and stickers.

However, I did chat with my brother (and for hundreds of hours in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate) using the Arctis 9 Wireless (he uses the Arctis 3 Wireless, which also achieves mixing Discord audio to the chat on Switch, but must be wired to Switch). The headset connects to Switch wirelessly via the included dongle, but also includes Bluetooth separately to connect to your phone, so you can mix Discord chat with game audio. I now use my Sennheiser Ambeo surround soundbar and Sennheiser 800S headphones for single player experiences, as the Arctis 9 isn’t exactly going to be featured in any audiophile magazines, but for chat on Switch, the Arctis 9 Wireless is a Godsend (though it’s basically only for chatting with friends, as everyone will need one to connect to Discord and mix audio). You probably don’t have that and neither do your friends. But it’s worth looking into if you want. Just tell all your friends they need to buy one of those and you’re good.

At the end of the day, ppl just like playing Monster Hunter, and if you’re looking for ppl to hunt with, you’ll find that.

RandomNPC

@JaxonH Thank you, might give it a go and see how I get on.
I've recently picked up the Xbox Wireless Headset so I'm good and don't really want to have to pick up a separate headset for the few switch games I will play.
I suppose there's always discord but you get more kids joining that way than you do via the LFG boards direct from the game. I haven't got the patience for the stupidity that comes with the younger gamers and it's harder for conversation and a laugh.

RandomNPC

JaxonH

I just keep coming back to this game.

Even with 470 hours logged in my save file, I haven't done all the event Quests and rampages they've added in via updates. I'm slowly working my way through them, unlocking all the layered armor sets, stickers, gestures, etc. Just got the Dark Shades tonight.

I've got basically every weapon and layered armor set in the game that I like (and pretty much every armor period, for layered armor anyways). I can't wait for Sunbreak! It's gonna be so good diving into fresh G-rank Rise content.

They're foolish for not giving us cross save though. Lot of Switch players who would have gladly double dipped if it meant bouncing their save back and forth as needed. As it stands, there's very little reason to start over after hundreds of hours and forfeit hybrid play for the privilege.

JaxonH

So I saw in a video Monster Hunter Rise is up to 7.76 million as of November, which shows about a quarter million sales per quarter as steady growth. And this was before the Black Friday and Christmas shopping.

I’m convinced MH Rise will eventually break 10 million on Switch over the lifespan of the system. Especially with Sunbreak putting the game back into focus next year.

Jrpglover

What was the giant dragon that was slain in the frost islands does anyone know?

Jrpglover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic