Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 321 to 340 of 4,706

Ryu_Niiyama

Well one last kick at the Monster Hunter Can. I just bought GU and preordered the CE for Rise (the amiibo made me do it) and all the amiibo. I didn't play world (despite it being on game pass due to the install size) and last tried 4U so I think I've been away long enough that I have somewhat fresh eye for the newer ones. The combat in rise looks snappy and gives off some Tokiden vibes (not using the ou romanization) which so far has been the only hunter type game I've enjoyed so that is a plus for me. I do worry that the game play loop will bore me (tokiden was fun because you were protecting something/saving the world) but I'm willing to give it another go as it looks like a vibrant world.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Joeynator3000

I kinda wished they would go with a Palico for Smash instead of the hunter, but whatever, I'll care more about the stage than the character anyways. xp

Like, when Rathalos was revealed I thought Ancestral Steppe from MH4 would be the stage, maybe it'll still happen, with guest monsters showing up to ruin your fight. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GilbertXI

@Joeynator3000 yeah that's what I would want. People would just complain that it's "another sword character" if the hunter will just be the character. Although I can imagine them doing some very interesting things. Traps, bait and a bunch of other things as a special, and bring in a bunch of monsters or something. I think a palico would make a great assist trophy at the very least.

GilbertXI

Joeynator3000

I mean, Palicoes have tons of moves to use now ever since Generations Ultimate happened. If it ever happens instead of the Hunter, the Palicoes Final Smash better involve launching their targets into the Jungle and then Nargacuga slashes at them. xp

Also, imagine Cha-Cha and Kayamba as alts. lol (or echoes in a future game I guess)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@GilbertXI
With 14 weapon types, the Hunter definitely wouldn’t be just another sword character though. Dual blades, hammer, insect glaive, bow, etc. They could make a ton of rad moves for the Hunter. And like you said, traps, bait, barrel bombs... what if the final Smash is sleep bombing everyone on screen lol. Nah, they’d have to have a monster fly in and wreck everyone. Up B with wirebug for recovery is too perfect.

Palico would indeed make a terrific assist trophy. Which I totally expect they’d do if Hunter was added as a character.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GilbertXI

@JaxonH Yeah, tell that to rabid smash fans. When even a blade is shown on a character, Twitter rants incoming. People got pissed at Steve having a sword, no joke.

GilbertXI

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Rise Collector Edition available on Amazon US.

@GilbertXI
Touché

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

lol out of stock already.

That's alright. I think I'll be getting this digitally. I bought all my other portable MH games digitally as well. It's just the sort of game I'm going to want available on my system all the time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

I might grab one of the Amiibo (at first anyway), but I think I'll just stick with the standard physical release for this one. I normally don't go crazy for extras unless it's a series I love and have experience in.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

Ralizah wrote:

lol out of stock already.

That's alright. I think I'll be getting this digitally. I bought all my other portable MH games digitally as well. It's just the sort of game I'm going to want available on my system all the time.

It WAS still up on BestBuy just a few hrs ago when I posted that, but now it’s gone. May be worth keeping an eye on though if you are thinking about grabbing the CE.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-rise-collectors-e...

Definitely a digital purchase for me too, even though I do have the CE preordered. MH is a game you come back to time and again. Just having MHGU, MH Rise and MH Stories 2 all on one system digitally is going to be so dope

Edited on by JaxonH

Ulysses

JaxonH wrote:

@GilbertXI
With 14 weapon types, the Hunter definitely wouldn’t be just another sword character though. Dual blades, hammer, insect glaive, bow, etc. They could make a ton of rad moves for the Hunter. And like you said, traps, bait, barrel bombs... what if the final Smash is sleep bombing everyone on screen lol. Nah, they’d have to have a monster fly in and wreck everyone. Up B with wirebug for recovery is too perfect.

Palico would indeed make a terrific assist trophy. Which I totally expect they’d do if Hunter was added as a character.

Wouldn't it be crazy if each alt costume in Smash was a different weapon type?

Palicos would make a fine Amiibo Fighter skin.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

GilbertXI

This game answered my question as to what I'll be doing the entire month of April. Why do all the games I love so dearly take up chunks of my life? A blessing and a curse I guess. Either way, I'm loving Capcom right now, most of their IPs I love. Resident Evil looks mighty promising, I don't see it as being a bad game, par the performance issues that might occur on the PS5, the platform I will most likely play it on. DMC is looking great, hopefully something about 6 by end of 2021 at least. The same guy who leaked Rise, also said I believe a street fighter game might be coming soon, my poor wallet and free time. Monster hunter rise and stories 2 is self explanatory, and I feel like I'm forgetting something.

MvC cries in corner*

GilbertXI

GilbertXI

@Northwind eyyy, fellow swordy main. I main Ike, and Lucina before that. But I'm recently picking up R.O.B, nice change of pace.

GilbertXI

GilbertXI

@Northwind Im hot garbage as well, I know enough to beat my casual friends, but when I went online I got my ass handed too, my problem Is I can't choose a main. I am gonna practice really hard with Steve when he comes out just to spite everyone, that's what I did with Byleth as well.

GilbertXI

Ralizah

@Northwind @JaxonH It feels like a pretty ruddy CE. honestly. The Ys IX one, which is roughly the same price, comes with a bunch of interesting stuff, including a damn novel! This one is a pin, some stickers, and an amiibo.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It is. I'm very disappointed they didnt give us a good one like World got. But, at least the amiibo is awesome (even though its sold separately). And it's the collector box for display that interests me more than anything.

Ulysses

More and more, I feel strongly about going dark from here on out. I would much rather discover everything else about the game as I play, rather than from more marketing trailers.

TGS has shown us about half~ of Shrine Ruins already. I don't even want to know about the existence of any other map until I discover them in Rise hands-on. Or any other monster for that matter.

Super Mario Odyssey really helped remind me how video games can feel special; it's that feeling of wonder when you discover new things in a game that wraps up the experience with a little dose of magic. More than any other game in the past few years, I went into Super Mario Odyssey blind, aside from the initial E3 trailer revealing New Donk City and the first two Kingdoms.

Even with Breath of the Wild, I mistakenly spoiled a few significant pieces of the game with gameplay videos and the like, so even though I still regard BOTW as one of my favorite games of all time, that magic feeling was just slightly diminished compared to my time with Odyssey.

Ulysses

JaxonH

Collector Edition back up on Amazon

Monster Hunter Rise Collector Edition

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Ulysses
I totally understand the sentiment. The feeling of playing a shiny new MH and discovering all the maps for yourself the first time is unreal. I would love to experience it with this game.

That being said, I’m not sure I would be able to restrain myself from devouring every little morsel of new information given about this game. I just don’t have it in me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic