Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,144

ProjectX1991

@Captain_Toad Thought it was new. Loving it.

Do we have a NintendoLife instant messaging or chat for when there's a group of us all playing/tournament etc? The live chat on the post is ok but a bit quiet so just wondered.

ProjectX1991

JaxonH

So, in my experience thus far, which is playing online for hours and hours yesterday and today, the online is rock solid. Wifi, Ethernet via powerline adapters, mobile hotspot, and even local wireless. Not a single issue as of yet.

@Pigeon
Msg sent. Check email

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BigBadJohn

Does any one else tilt their head during the bendy anti grav sections? I've been playing all day and I've got a the worst pain in my neck from it.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Haru17

Yeah, making fun of smart steering is really punching down. Especially in Mario Kart of all things.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

JaxonH wrote:

So, in my experience thus far, which is playing online for hours and hours yesterday and today, the online is rock solid. Wifi, Ethernet via powerline adapters, mobile hotspot, and even local wireless. Not a single issue as of yet

Same here. It is great.

@BigBadJohn not a single problem.

Ended tournament 6th on racing and 3rd on battle. Very satisfied with my overall results!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

BigBadJohn

@FGPackers Well done buddy. Remind me not to go up against you lol I've yet to venture online properly, it's been a while since I played this game on the Wii U and I'm a little rusty. I have to say it looks and plays amazingly on Nintendos new wonder machine.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

BigBadJohn

@FGPackers yeah just remember when your in the lead I'm at the back with plenty of blue shells 😉

SW-5512-0541-9236

meleebrawler

Did anyone stop to consider Inklings not drowning when going into water? (Mario Maker doesn't count, costumes).

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

Just got Gold Mario! Beat all 12 cups with a gold trophy in 200cc.

My goodness I love the rush of 200cc! I hated it in the Wii U version because I didn't know how to properly break during drifts. But now, I've learned and it's opened up the game to an entirely new skill level! I'm so glad they included 200cc. I mean, 150cc still feels like the go-to speed, but 200 really is fantastic. You can take shortcuts you couldn't before, like running over a patch of grass that previously would've slowed you down. The skill level involved in learning to hold A for the gas while holding an item with ZL while using ZR to drift while tapping B on and off while drifting to slow your turn, and even letting off A for the gas sometimes as well... it's no walk in the park.

This game is just so good... and playing it all on a handheld screen too? Man if Switch wasn't already my favorite console it definitely is now. I finally see the power of having a quality system. Cause this game was on Wii U, but I never felt this way about the game on Wii U. The difference is the system it's on (and well, the battle mode and DLC and improvements like 3rd drift boost, etc) I just can't get over how much fun this is and how much fun I'm going to have at work playing with others; we won't even need to do split screen now because everyone at my work has bought a Switch! 2 of the 4 people I work with in the lab now have their own. I knew this would happen too- as soon as people saw it for themselves in the wild, I knew they would want one

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

@JaxonH Yeah, the minor tweaks they added in this game do make it feel different and fresh. My brother who couldn't really care about this on Wii U actually likes it now, which is strange since he didn't even try out battle mode yet or hasn't even played it in portable mode. He is like: "was this in the game before?/ this wasn't there before, right?" He is noticing all kinds of stuff now,. I guess the higher res and +1 frame rate does make a difference

I know what you mean about breaking during drifting. It feels different in this game, I somehow do it naturally here, while on Wii U I didn't do it at all. Which could just be my mind playing tricks on me or they really tweaked quite a bit more than we first thought.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

jump

Mario Kart 8 has debuted at no 1 in the uk chart, the first Nintendo game since 2011 to do so.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

It's interesting to think that this game is 1/3 new courses, 1/3 redone courses, and 1/3 DLC courses (some of which are also redone). 16 tracks each.

Through that lens, it's not hard to see why they aren't doing two more DLC cups — that's a 1/4 or more of Mario Kart 9.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nin10dad

I honestly think they'll keep this title evergreen and do DLC for it. What new 'gimmick' do they really need to add to MK9? This game has the foundations to last

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

OorWullie

Great news.A 68% increase in sales for Zelda too.That suggests many picked up the Switch last week for MK8D and got Zelda along with it.It's strange to see 2 Nintendo titles in the top 5.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Pigeon

JaxonH wrote:

So, in my experience thus far, which is playing online for hours and hours yesterday and today, the online is rock solid. Wifi, Ethernet via powerline adapters, mobile hotspot, and even local wireless. Not a single issue as of yet.

@Pigeon
Msg sent. Check email

Hey man, sorry, but how do you check? I've checked my email and no such message. And there doesn't appear to be a way to PM on this website either.

I've just updated my email address to a different, more reliable one, so is it possible to send the message again?

Just realised this site doesnt' appear to have a PM system like most forums (that I can see).

Pigeon

Midnightbirds

Will beating all the 200cc cups also count as beating the 150cc ones?

Midnightbirds

Budda

I didn't see anyone talking about it. Mirror and 200cc appear randomly in normal ranked races. Played a few races yesterday. I have to say.. Mirrored races online feel so strange in MK8 :').
The average points of the lobby has to be around 3000 I think.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

@Midnightbirds No, You have go through the cups 3 times (150cc, Mirror, 200cc)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

@Midnightbirds no it's like Grumble said.

Made a huge discovery minutes ago: if there is people high enough, online races will go up to 200cc. It will not stop at 150cc!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic