Forums

Topic: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Posts 121 to 140 of 157

Einherjar

@bimmy-lee On the GBA Version, i eventually managed to get several Hole-in-One's and Eagles in a single 18 hole play. I played that game obsessively back in the day xD Man...i really need to dig that game back up... opens storeroom

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

bimmy-lee

@Einherjar - I just love that game. Didn’t have a chance to play it until WiiU VC, but I sunk dozens of hours into it. I was hoping the Super Rush career mode would be similar to Advance Tour, but it’s not close. I could chip in all the time in that one, but I know I never hit a HIO.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

Love that the game is easily approachable. I'm able to play with my kids, one of which is a toddler, and he shot a +6 on the rookie course thru 18. We can both have fun at our own pace while playing. Much in the same way that MK8D was.

NintendoByNature

Mr_Flapjacks

No lob shots mechanic in online is driving - me -f'ing - bananas! I just quit online matches now if I'm up against a bunker wall. I don't even bother.

To touch the boob or not touch the boob. That is the question. http://livingwithstacy.com

NintendoByNature

@Mr_Flapjacks you can just play conservative and hit out to the side of the bunker. I do that pretty much every time I'm in deep. Sure you lose a stroke. But it's not too bad.

NintendoByNature

partisan

U can hit lob shots can't u?
Use approach wedge and get 3 arrows going straight up on left stick..

partisan

bimmy-lee

@Mr_Flapjacks - The online is great, but you’re why I don’t play with randoms. I would be enraged if someone quit out because they can’t keep their ball out from under a sheer cliff face. Knock the ball back out so you can get a good shot, or take the stroke and hit again. Ridiculous.

@partisan - You got it, you can lob that way. You can’t go straight up a cliff face, but you can lob up with a little space.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Mr_Flapjacks

@NintendoByNature All clubs besides the putter showed the ball aiming downward. And even aiming up, didn't do it. About 3 shots to get out.

When I say no lob shot, I'm referring to the story mode, where you do lob shots practice. Where is that option outside of story?

Edited on by Mr_Flapjacks

To touch the boob or not touch the boob. That is the question. http://livingwithstacy.com

Mr_Flapjacks

@partisan no, that's what I'm saying. I can't. Not like in the story mode.

Mr_Flapjacks

@bimmy-lee online is great. Bunker mechanics are bad though... Wait for the free dlc-- they'll add more mechanics.

NintendoByNature

@Mr_Flapjacks not sure if you could ever get it for online. But there's definitely a work around as others have said.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Mr_Flapjacks - I doubt they’ll add more than new players and courses. I enjoy it just fine as is. The best lob shot is not getting up against a sheer face on the shot prior. I was commenting on the act of quitting out of an online match because things don’t go your way. It’s gross.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Atomic77

I think the game is cool as it is. I never really notice things missing.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

JaxonH

Where’s that update?

I thought they said it was dropping today?

edit
Never mind, it literally just dropped a few min ago

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tom-Smo

@JaxonH I'm going to install the update right now as well

Edited on by Tom-Smo

Tom-Smo

JaxonH

New Donk City has TWO layouts, one for amateur and one for pro!

And the motion controls are noticeably better. It’s easier to control your power now. I like the improvements.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Anyone try the more difficult version of New Donk City? I found the amateur course had some tough holes in the latter 9. Still came out with -3 under par, but it would have been far better if not for several double bogeys toward the end. They position the green at a distance to where your sand wedge has to hit at partial power. With button controls you can halve the distance of your wedges and putters, but with motion you only have one setting. Makes it feel more authentic.

Still have trouble adding left spin with motion though.

@Pirate1
Thanks 😊

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic