Forums

Topic: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Posts 101 to 120 of 157

brendathecat

Dipped my toe in online and really enjoyed it. Contrasting with tennis aces which was really exploitable with op character sets. This was relaxing and not at all frustrating AND lots of customisable rules for play!

Looking for animal crossing buddies on switch FC is SW-7803-7785-1593

SkullDragr

This game is fun, I've put in quite a few hours trying to level up the characters to get the Super Clubs and with my golf clubs on their way from Amazon for the Joy-Con, it may be even better with motion controls. Having said that, it's by no means a substitute for PGA 2K21 which is far and away a better all around golf game if you want that. This is very much a Mario version of golf. I'm sure most understand that going in.

SkullDragr

My Nintendo: SkullDragr

JaxonH

@SkullDragr
Yup. Mario sports games aren’t really meant to substitute a similar experience. Those who prefer search games will continue to stick to those games. I think games like Mario golf appeal more to people like me, who would never buy a normal golf game, but love Wii Sports Golf and Mario Golf (though I still contend Wii Sports Club Golf was simultaneously the best golf simulation ever created while still feeling arcade-like… amazing gem of a game, that one is).

You ordered the plastic golf clubs?!! You’re going all in. Love it. Tell me how it works for you. I play about 50-50 with buttons and motion, but I’m wondering if the club would actually make it easier to control the level of power in the swing. Maybe try it out both ways and then let me know if using the plastic club helps.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SkullDragr

@JaxonH The clubs are solid "do not buy". Look on Amazon and you'll see two different styles with one type looking like an iron and one that resembles a driver. The type that looks like an iron doesn't allow the R/ZR or L/ZL buttons to be pressed, so I didn't even try that one. The driver style has an opening to allow all buttons to be pressed along with the SL/SR buttons, but the design defect is that in order to get the game to recognize a proper hold and activate SR for the swing, the Joy-Con must be held sideways, not face up. This accessory has the Joy-Con face up when held with the club face "on the ball". When you turn it sideways to have the Joy-Con correctly held, now you're swinging it with the club face 90 degrees away from the ball. Yeah, it's aesthetics and matters none, but then there's no reason at all that it even needs to look like a golf club. The whole point is to have a fun little accessory that looks the part. The least they can do is design it properly.

First world problems, me complaining about aesthetics. It was an impulse buy and it's pointless.

SkullDragr

My Nintendo: SkullDragr

Atomic77

Well I took the plunge and just recently digitally bought Mario Golf Super Rush $59.99. It wasn't originally on my list of games to check out but I just went to gamestop and took a gamble and purchased NBA 2K21 As well it was $14.99

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

1UP_MARIO

Just finished adventure mode. Brilliant boss fights. Enjoyed it. Hope they add a online tournament mode. Looking forward to the free DLC.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

Finished Adventure mode, it was a fun experience. Boss battles were fun, while XC Golf was annoying at first it became interesting over time, Speed Golf was rather overused (wish there was more balance between modes) but some of the ways it was implemented was very good.

Full game feels rather limited compared to past entries though I guess this is resolved over time with the free updates. Overall currently I'd rank the Mario Golf games:
1. Toadstool Tour (GC)
2. World Tour (3DS)
3. Super Rush (Switch)
4. Advance Tour (GBA)
5. Mario Golf (N64)
6. Mario Golf (GBC)
7. NES Open Tournament Golf (NES)

Toadstool Tour nailed the mode selection even though it didn't have a story mode meanwhile World Tour had lots of courses.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

partisan

Finished adventure
In single player can you change clubs like in adventure? I can't see how
Also I read better clubs at 1000 & 3000 points but can't see how to score points or where my current points are displayed?
I like the normal golf but is there no incentive to play? Nothing to unlock etc? Cheers

Edited on by partisan

partisan

ed5275

@partisan If you go into the individual character profile it will show how many points they have amassed.

Switch: 5856-1332-4219

partisan

ed5275 wrote:

@partisan If you go into the individual character profile it will show how many points they have amassed.

I can only see coins collected
I'm over 1000 but not been offered new set clubs
Can't see "character points" listed anywhere

partisan

ed5275

@partisan From the first screen, go to "Play Stats", pick "Characters", then highlight the character you want to see and look at the bottom right.

Switch: 5856-1332-4219

partisan

ed5275 wrote:

@partisan From the first screen, go to "Play Stats", pick "Characters", then highlight the character you want to see and look at the bottom right.

Thnx yes the box with tons of stats?
I see that but cannot see "character points"
Can see coins, assumed it was that but obvs not as I have over 1000 and not been offered extra clubs
Is there no online manual? Can't see one in game? I'm about to give up as no incentive to carry on, I don't do online but enjoy unlocking stuff, got 17 under par so game seems like not enough challenge

partisan

Mr_Flapjacks

@Einherjar I love the game-- it's exactly what I want in an online golf game... EXCEPT-- for some of the stuff you mentioned.

I just quit a match because my ball got stuck up beside a bunker wall. There is no lob shot, unlike in REAL LIFE GOLF which makes absolutely zero sense.

I mean... Like wtf? That's like driving a car, but there are no brakes. Who needs breaks?

And the target sight line isn't reliable. It won't even show you or indicate if you're going to hit a wall or a tree.

Also, in arial view mode, when aiming your shot, why can't you turn on range finder while in that overhead view to see slopes etc?

Such a great golf game with so many WTF omissions...

Edited on by Mr_Flapjacks

To touch the boob or not touch the boob. That is the question. http://livingwithstacy.com

Einherjar

@Mr_Flapjacks Ayup, and i think the more i play it, the more i think the guide line is my biggest issue by far. It simply is utterly useless in this game since it's just pointing forward...and i'm pretty sure i would have found that direction without any help...

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

partisan

AHH ok was using Mii
That doesn't allow improved clubs
Why??? Why let us have a mii at all damn
So used Bowser got the 1000 points for better clubs, but u can only use them on Bowser, double damn, so for each character you would have to play like ten rounds to unlock better clubs jeez

partisan

partisan

Why even give us all those fancy clubs in adventure mode if we can't access them in any other mode???
No access to shops or club selection in any other mode weird...

partisan

partisan

Can't even select clothes wow

partisan

partisan

That give u improved running etc

partisan

SpringDivorce

Sadly, I'm going to be selling this on due to complaints already mentioned. Useless guide line and terrain mapping - what's with the stupid target thing, why not just let me flick straight to where the ball is landing as in Everybody's Golf? A lack of on-screen info - how much power % will I lose when shooting from rough? The spin controls are awful. It just feels bare-bones, like it needed a few more weeks polish.

I'll pick up Everybody's Golf VR for a cartoony take, the basics of that game are so much better.
Hell, somehow I've managed to not pick up Neo Turf Masters yet, I'll go get that as well.

Shame, as I spent untold hours on the N64 version.

Edited on by SpringDivorce

SpringDivorce

bimmy-lee

Got my first hole in one a couple days ago, it was a real thrill. 16th hole on Bonny Greens playing local with my wife. I could feel it as I was lining it up and called it in the air. It hit the green smoking, but backspin and the pin got it in. It spun around the cup three times. It was great! I don’t think I’ve ever hit one in my years playing Mario Golf.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic