Forums

Topic: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Posts 141 to 157 of 157

NintendoByNature

Didn't realize there's a amateur and pro version. I played a round with @bimmy-lee tn though and I loved the par 3 course. Sounds like he did too.

Rock solid update and now this makes me wish we got some link/zelda as playable characters with hyrule field being a course 😊. One can dream I guess.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

Wow, yeah, we didn’t even see the option for the pro version of the New Donk City course NBN, but the par three was a ton of fun. We’ll have to give it a shot soon.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Pirate1

In adventure mode, is there a way to fast forward or skip watching the other players if you finish the hole first?

Pirate1

snarls200

So the Ranked match reward for October is 3 colour options for Toad: Blue, Green and Yellow.

snarls200

Atomic77

Oh my gosh has anyone tried the new courses yet? they are so uber cool.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Atomic77

Oh my gosh has anyone tried the new courses yet? they are so uber cool.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

NintendoByNature

I haven't but I want to. Was hoping to play online with someone soon.

NintendoByNature

Pirate1

This may be more of a general question, but the first time the question has come up for me is with golf. I have two profiles in my switch right now, one for me and one for my wife. If we want to play split screen together, should she create a player under my profile (since I’ve already got one going) or will it work if she creates one under hers (for split screen, not local multiplayer)?

Pirate1

Burning_Spear

I just played Ranked Match for the first time since the most recent update. The new time limit is too restrictive when playing with motion controls. It takes a while to set up a shot and take a few practice swings, and I constantly find myself down to 30 seconds when I reach the green and just shooting wildly to avoid the eight-shot penalty you get if the timer expires. I understand the point of it, but maybe add a minute to the current time allotment? And it doesn't seem to account for the extra shot needed on par-5 holes. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Edited on by Burning_Spear

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

jiska78

This game has soooo much potential, but it's a fair way off the pace, but nothing that can't be fixed with a patch. It's a fun game to play, but here are the things that really let the game down. I'm not personally interested in the adventure part of the game, so never played it - I'm looking for an online golf game that's a bit of fun, so my experience comes from the golf itself rather than the adventure game side.

Here are the things that frustrate the hell out of me:

• When teeing off, the default position can have you hitting straight in to a tree (that's fine for me, as I always line up my shot, but not great for my young children who are see, hit type players)
  • You can be in a sand bunker and hit the ball into another sand bunker and the game says "Wow. Great shot" - errrrr, clearly not. This happens all the time. Bad shots are often labelled great shots.
  • Hitting a ball out of the heavy rough is the same as hitting it off the fairway. There is no discernible difference between the two.
  • In a ranked match, it doesn't matter where you finish compared to other players - your points are based on your stroke score. So you can finish last at -2 and get a better point score for your world ranking than finishing first at +1 - this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's meant to be a match against other people. The way the ranking system works, you may as well just play one player instead of against
  • You don't actually get any bonus points for beating higher ranked opponents - appears to be a bug that's still not fixed
  • There's hardly anyone around for ranked match play and more often that not you're teeing off against computer opponents. This is probably because no-one wants to play a 3-hole game of golf and are more interested in 9 or 18 holes

....but.... the biggest let down and by far the most frustrating is the lack of a ranking system for proper rounds of golf - either 9 or 18 holes. The ONLY online ranking system is the three hole random match play. it effectively means that playing a 9 or 18 game of golf online against other players is just for "fun". For me, this completely ruins any lasting enjoyment of the game and I've had to download and play PGA Tour instead.

Overall, I feel like this is a fun game to play but the lack of an online ranking system really is a deal breaker for me. The game cost me AU$80 (US$60) and I feel MASSIVELY ripped off. It's probably only worth half that at AU$40 (US$30). I'm absolutely dumbfounded that sales of this game are as high as they are. I only assume that's because people assumed it would be like Mario Golf: World Tour - but it falls massively short.

jiska78

rallydefault

@jiska78
Yea, unfortunately it seems like this one is going the way of Nintendo's last two efforts at Mario Tennis: Fun for most people just wanting a quick jaunt, but nothing that's going to keep people around. It's a bummer for sure that Nintendo just can't seem to get its Mario sports games right for quite some time now.

And yea, I think they're pretty much done with supporting this one. I don't think it's gonna get any more additions other than perhaps some good ol' stability patches.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

RR529

Finally decided to order this one. Still in a Nintendo mood after beating Kirby, yet the next release I'm really excited for is XC3, so here we are.

Never played any of the other Mario Golf games (other than a demo of the 3DS one), so it has no particular expectations to live up to.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TommyTendo

I don't know why people don't like this game. The thing that sold me on this one was that you are able to run around on the field.

FroZtedFlake

Yeah I did actually quite enjoy this one after all the free updates hit, the bonus modes are awesome with friends (Wario is best)

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

NintendoByNature

It's a great game I still play with the family. Worth it for sure if you're on the fence. Tons of great courses and characters to choose from.

NintendoByNature

RR529

Finished up Golf Adventure today. Mixed opinions on it overall, mostly because I don't think I'm a big fan of Speed Golf and almost every round was some variation of it (even with Cross Country Golf, I think the biggest problem is that they put a timer on it), however I did find myself enjoying the target challenges in each area (though most were optional), as well as the boss fights. The hub areas were cozy as heck, too.

I thought I was going to get a bit of a break in Wildweather Woods when one of the Toads said they don't play Speed Golf there due to things being so wet, then (other than the three hole practice round) it was all freakin' Speed Golf!?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Losermagnet

This game has been on a lengthy "to buy someday" list that i soon will be crossing things off of. How does the single player content hold up? I've read that the adventure mode is basically an extended tutorial.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic