Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,125

Banjo-

@Apportal No problem, it's easy if you go to the switch first and then collect the red coins. When you are on Dorrie's head, run a little bit and jump so you don't need to be that close to the platform.

Banjo-

porto

@BlueOcean I got a twitter account, so I'll try and share a video of me beating it for you soon. I've been putting it off forever, but I've got to the point where I can't do almost anything unless I get the cap.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Banjo-

@Apportal All right.

ToadBrigade wrote:

I forget what exactly it’s called, because I am not playing the game right now, but in hazy maze cave there is a level with a title that has something to do with falling rocks. I have searched everywhere, and I just can’t find it. Can someone give me a hint without telling me?

Reach the rolling rocks and investigate the area. The star is there somewhere, don't leave the area.

Banjo-

porto

@ToadBrigade
If you can't figure it out, here's another hint:

You may have to wall kick

porto

Beaucine

@ToadBrigade

That star feels more Zelda than Mario, in that you have to investigate where the star is. Once you know, getting it is pretty easy. As the others have said, look around the area with the falling rocks. Use the first-person view. (Well, it's not really first-person. But you get the point.)

Edited on by Beaucine

Beaucine

Banjo-

Like looking for a switch in an Ocarina of Time dungeon.

Banjo-

Beaucine

@Apportal

You're welcome!

I like your victory jumps at the end. Haha.

Beaucine

porto

@Beaucine I was pretty happy, to say the least

porto

RR529

I actually found the Metal Cap level to be the easiest of the 3 Cap levels, and even one of the easiest challenges in the game, by far (it's a small area with no tricky platforming at all).

My biggest issue with it was just finding out where it was. I had assumed it would be accessed through the castle like the other two & would have never guessed it to be a world within a world.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

porto

@RR529 My problem too. It's the easiest level in the game and by far the easiest red coin mission. The real challenge was if you lost the metal cap in the water. You went right back out to the castle courtyard.

I also didn't know that you could steer Dorrie/Nessie. I just waited for his slow behind to get to the platform and then jump. But, to be entirely honest, the metal cap music makes up for all of the trouble.

porto

shazbot

@ToadBrigade Not just no galaxy 2, nothing not in the original games. No extra music, history, anything 😥 Tbh, part of the reason I went for the full 100% run was the child in me hoping unlockable SMG2 was a thing.

@BlueOcean thanks, and yeah I get the logic for the camera but there are so many times it fails to work properly. Such as when it chooses not to stop and is continually moving to one side so you end up with a constant camera pan.

Even when there's no environment to get stuck on it had issues keeping up. A good chunk of my deaths on rainbow ride were when doing wall jumps and the camera chose to shift position so that Mario got introduced to reentry physics.

Still a great game, but more technical issues than I remember with the camera.

Edited on by shazbot

shazbot

porto

shazbot wrote:

yeah I get the logic for the camera but there are so many times it fails to work properly. Such as when it chooses not to stop and is continually moving to one side so you end up with a constant camera pan.

@shazbot You described my most faced problem with the camera. It never seems to stay when I want it too. And when I want it to move, it won't budge.

porto

RR529

Whomever designed that FLUDD-less level in Noki Bay (in the shell tower) is a sadist, lol. Granted, I only died like twice, but it was considerably longer than past FLUDD-less levels and had a few tricky sections.

Overall Noki Bay was a neat area with great sense of scale. The scuba missions took a little to get used to, but I didn't have a particularly hard time with them or anything.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

veeflames

@RR529 I just started Noki Bay too, and it's really a awesome place to explore and jump around in. I mean, sure... that boat thing is very difficult to control (waddyaknow, huh) and I lost a life to it, but Noki Bay itself is pretty well-designed. With a little bit of time on your hands, you can get to anywhere you want to go. Certainly left a better impression on me than it did when I played Sunshine on the GameCube.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MarioVillager92

Noki Bay's one of my favorite worlds too. It's such a super chill place. Really like its music too

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Banjo-

@shazbot I understand and you are right, I'm just used to it. When it buzzes or keeps moving I change the distance or angle.

@Apportal I was happy to see you achieving it which is weird because I don't really know you! :3 The Metal Cap music is cool indeed and I also love the Wing Cap music, it's a remix of the invincible Mario music but it's the best version ever in my opinion. The only song I hate in Super Mario 64 is Tick Tock/Rainbow Ride. Why did they reuse that slide melody for the two most challenging courses?

Banjo-

NotTelevision

FLUDD says to “Always take proper care of your teeth” boys and girls.

NotTelevision

Ralizah

Completed the red coins challenge on the sand bird.

Yep. Still annoying.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zeldafan79

@ToadBrigade
I usually just set it to slow but with that it's still damn near impossible to get all the red coins. Don't bother with those things that fling you. That's a death sentence. There is a platform at the very top that you can jump or fall to with a question block that'll help you get the coins you'll need for 100. It's at the point where there's ramps that go around the edges. Get up above the platform on the side edges and fall to the middle of it. I hope that made sense.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic