Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion 3

Posts 161 to 180 of 198

TuVictus

Do you guys know if you can leave the last floor after defeating the second to last boss? I'm trying to get to the elevator but the main door that leads to the four rooms with keys seems closed permanently. It's before the "you can't go back" message. I hope so, cuz I did wanna try getting the gems, and it'd be weird for the game to lock you out before that final message. I can still access the lab with the shortcut, but it doesn't let me leave from his lab, I have to go back to the same floor through the teleporter

EDIT : nevermind. It was glitched for some reason. The prompt to open the door didn't show up at all, then I reloaded a save file and it showed up normally, sorry about that

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Enigminator

@Luffymcduck Pretty sure he's not supposed to have 2 pairs of stubby arms. lol I'm honestly surprised that this game has many game breaking glitches. The only thing I encountered was a runaway plunger.

Enigminator

JoyBoy

Tip: people might have found out already but for those who didn’t; The A button is replicated by the right bumper, Y button =Left bumper. More importantly X is replicated by pressing both Left and right bumper at the same time. No more awkward moving around trying to scan the area.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Quarth

Just beat the final boss. This game is pure joy, a kind of joy that Nintendo are experts at. When the credits rolled, I realised this game might be the best first party Switch game this year. Another 10/10 for me!

Thanks Nintendo and Next Level Games, and a special thanks to Charles Martinet for bringing a personality to Luigi (and Mario).

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Uncle_Franklin

Surely spoilers are assumed on this forum, right? Onward (and I will call you Shirley)

I'm enjoying the game mostly, but the controls, and how to judge 3D space can be really janky.

I climbed up some stairs in the movie studio floor and couldn't get down. A few instances like that. Had similar things happen in Dark Moon.

The control scheme for the rubber duck is just aggravating. Really hating that boss battle.

And you can't skip cutscenes after you've seen it already...

But otherwise really enjoying.

Uncle_Franklin

mack73

Just finished today in prep for Pokemon tomorrow. Loved the game, wish the controls were a touch better. Hated the float boss battle and chasing that dumb cat. I was getting bored with the first couple floors but once it broke out into the themed ones it was perfect

mack73

rallydefault

@Franklin
I just finished the rubber duck water area/boss - I agree 100%. I made a post earlier about the jankiness/unintuitive nature of some of the controls. I still can't get used to the basic rotation of Luigi. And the rubber duck is actually the PERFECT example of what I'm talking about.

Normally, when you push left as Luigi, he will turn left but KEEP turning left, around and around in circles, for infinity. It's weird. That's not usually how characters control. But in the rubber duck, the control suddenly reverts to what you would typically expect - it will only turn to the point where you push the stick; it won't just keep turning and turning in circles.

Still a really charming game with lots of other satisfying moments, but some definite low points. Nothing that made me regret a full-price purchase, though I did have some frustrating with that rubber duck boss battle (and had to use my first golden bone on it).

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault FYI, you can change in the control menu if left turns him infinitely or if it moves him to face left. I much preferred the latter method.

link3710

rallydefault

@link3710
Which option is that? I tried switching every option on and off and couldn't seem to find one that did what I wanted.

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault I don't have the game in my console atm, but it's one of the two options on the control screen that swaps between relative and absolute aiming. It... Might only work that way with gyro on, and no vertical via control stick? That's how I had it set up.

link3710

rallydefault

@link3710
Ok gonna look again in a few minutes. I'm on like floor 10 - guess I'm getting close to the end? I only have enough time to play in short bursts these days.

rallydefault

echoplex

dharmajones93 wrote:

How many people got to the desert level (in the pre-release trailers) and were like: "Challenge Accepted”

I did that too ! and it helped me unlock an achievement too.

echoplex

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

It's weird how long it takes to get to the desert. Like normally you think when they put a level in the trailer, especially if they focus on it, that its an earlier one. That was not true here.

For the record, that is the most recent level I've gotten to. I feel confident in saying that the best part of the game is the variety in locations and bosses. Well the bosses after the first few floors, it took a bit to get any of the cool ones. But yeah, a lot of variety, each floor once they get into cool gimmicks feels fundamentally different, and I love that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

Well, just finished the story last night in about 13 hours. Also have some experience with the scare scrapper. Brief, honest thoughts:

• The strengths of this game are in the floor themes, the boss ghosts (most are AWESOME and very creative), and the lovable charm in every animation.
    The weaknesses of this game are, in my opinion, a wonky default control setup with the right joystick, 3D depth perception in some of the larger screens, a sacrifice in lack of cohesion between floors, and a lack of puzzle difficulty to some degree.

I overall enjoyed my time with the game, but it didn't grab me and hold me like Dark Moon did on the 3DS.

I did truly enjoy some of the floors, but the trade off you get when each floor is so distinct is that people are going to HATE some floors and LOVE others, and you don't get the vertical connection/overall cohesion you had in Dark Moon (even the rare times when you have to follow the cat, it's just a floor or up or down and that's it). I loved the movie scene floor, for example, but I absolutely loathed the pyramid floor (maybe not a popular opinion on that one lol). I loved the "magician" floor, but I hated the sewer with the duck inner tube. Honestly, each floor kind of feels like its own game. I view that as a negative.

Luigi's abilities are cool, though. Gooigi is really neat and leads to some awesome, awesome gameplay situations. The little jump move is nice and leads to a bit more variety in some battles. Luigi is still a very grounded character, though, so I would never deem this a platformer, per say. It's really a puzzle game at heart, even in its action moments with the boss ghosts, which is why I was disappointed in most of the puzzles. I know Nintendo isn't trying to stump us with some intense Zelda-level puzzles of old, but I was craving something a bit more. There were maybe just two or three times when I actually had to stop and ponder how to proceed or how to get a gem/boo.

The boss battles are wonderful! The mechanics are mostly unique from boss to boss, and I did have to use a golden bone at one point. I was disappointed in the final boss, but the penultimate boss' mechanics were really cool and felt like a true test of everything you'd learned in the game.

I would say... still worth the full 60 bucks, especially if you're gonna do the multiplayer stuff at all and even attempt to find all the gems/boos. The Scare Scraper is super fun and kinda tough, especially if you're online solo depending on random people lol. I can see those modes tacking on another dozen hours of play, for sure. At the end of the day, despite some less-than-stellar floors, it's still a game I would recommend if you're looking for a solid story experience with lots of creativity outside the normal platformer/action game.

rallydefault

Venus_Adept

I know im late to the party, but was playing Luigi's Mansion yesterday and found this cool Little Mac picture on the wall, so have to come here to post this. BTW the game is really fun!!!

Venus_Adept

Henmii

Finished it today, lovely game! I ended with more then 97000 coins. I liked the Hellen Gravely battle more then King Boo though. Might return someday to get the last achievements. My favorite boss battle may be Amadeus Wolfgeist. Yes he's very early in the game. But he is sooo good!

Henmii

rallydefault

@Henmii
Yea, the Gravely battle is way cooler.

I'm not sure what my favorite one was... the piano one was pretty cool. Had to look back at a list because it's been almost a month, but I think my favorite was the pirate ship boss fight.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

After beating it, I feel at this point that Nintendo has never made a Luigi's Mansion game that is better or worse than another Luigi's Mansion game (ignoring the arcade game, which doesn't count). It's actually incredible how much I feel each game is exactly as good as another, especially since 3 was almost designed specifically to be a better Dark Moon. But despite its improvements, yeah it feels a bit off in just enough areas that things kinda even out. But I never bought into the idea that Dark Moon was anything less than awesome like some people have (even if I agree with Dark Moon's main complaints).

Even with consistently great series like Zelda, I could go on for quite a while about how much I prefer one great Zelda (Majora's Mask) to another great Zelda (Link Between Worlds). But no all three Luigi's Mansion games are the same quality to me. Very weird to say but that's just how I feel.

The best part of the game is when it became gimmick-y and weird instead of just "more hotel, except with this thing!" The variety is the exact type of thing you want from great video game levels, and they absolutely delivered. I was worried for a while that the piano boss being in a smaller area meant the good bosses were gonna be something that happened only a couple of times, but nearly every boss after that is also pretty strong. Honestly the boss battles are more consistently engaging and fun than in any 3D Mario, I dare say.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic