Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion 3

Posts 181 to 198 of 198

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000
I think you say it well. Dark Moon is still my favorite by a good stretch, though.

The varying themes of the floors in this one were a double-edged sword for me. Like you said, with such drastically different environments (and usually accompanying "gimmicks"), you can usually keep the experience fresh. But for me, I just really ended up loathing certain floors.

Same kinda goes with the bosses. It's crazy cool how many unique bosses they crammed into this game, but some just fell flat. And since, many times, the boss is an integral or even majority portion of a floor, it can really wreck your experience for an hour or so.

Dark Moon was just a more "even" experience. If you liked the core gameplay, you were pretty much good all the way through. There were still enough variations to keep things fresh, just nothing to the level of the radically unique floor themes in this game.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Henmii

I think I have encountered a glitch in Hotel shops that prevents me from getting the "shop merchandise" achievement. I have sucked up everything (even the thing from the mini-chair at the bar, I think). I heard this might have to do with a glitch involving the fridge. In my file the fridge (wich I did open) is always open. That may cause the problem.

Henmii

taeles

Just finished first playthrough, about half the collectables collected. 17hrs on the book, great game

taeles

jak1one

Quick question: i saw a youtube video where a guy was playing the scarescraper mode in singleplayer. How to do so? Can i play this mode alone without local friends on online subscription? Are the other multiplayer modes available solo and offline?

jak1one

Fluffy61

Can anyone help

Have luigis mansion 3 for switch lite and it wont give me single player option..constantly sat on 2 player or.more and its driving me crazy. Nintendo say cant help me

Thanks for any help

Fluffy61

Ninfan

What's the multiplayer like in luigis mansion 3,

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

Paranormal Productions floor. Ghost boss, Morty.
I passed on catching Morty because he's so nice. Is there a downside for not catching Morty on Paranormal Productions floor? Did anyone finish the game without catching him?

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

I've finally gotten around to completing the game, the bit where Luigi meets up with Mario is great! The way those two character move on where Mario leads the way hopping and jumping whilst Luigi takes his time carefully walking on edges and climbing ladders put a smile on my face.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

Did anyone else get stuck here? I've been stuck at this chest in Luigi's Mansion 3 for a long while. Every time I load the game it puts me here, and I thought, "oh, god, not this" 😟. And that chest just kept destroying me. I never had the mental bandwidth to figure it out. That, and I was out of practice, forgot the game mechanics a bit. Thanks to youtube, I can finally resume the game. Pasted the video to play at the relevant timestamp, the chest I was stuck at. Don't hit play if you don't want a spoiler; It's just a room, not a plot or boss spoiler.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ThainEshKelch

Finished the game tonight. I enjoyed it, but I do feel it could have been a bit more. It actually tried to do too much, and that was also holding it back in my opinion.

Pros:

• Looks amazing!
  • Vacuuming never gets boring.
  • Really great and varied boss fights. They really did a good job here.
  • A wide variety of different themes for each floor.
  • Large floors with a lot to do.
  • New mechanics introduced by Gooigi.

Cons:

• A wide variety of different themes for each floor. There wasn't really an overall theme for anything, and that is probably my biggest complaint. It didn't ooze through with a single theme like Luigis Mansion 1, which I enjoyed more because of that. By floor ten I was just waiting for the game to finish, because there was nothing coherent about it, and the basic ghosts were really repetitive.
  • There could have been more ghost variety. 17 floors of the same few ghost types was quite uninteresting. Most of the time they just had a different color or was wearing something else with the exact same mirroring mechanic.
  • Most secrets were way too easy to find.
  • The suction cup shooter was really hard to target with.
  • No inverted Y-axis option.
  • Finishing a room, then going over it yet again, but now with the magic torch, which made Luigi walk sloooowly for no reason at all.
  • Some levels were hard to navigate in, due to the 3D effect. There was a lack of contrast or depth.
  • Story wise it was quite dull. I have done this game before! Give me a new plot and a new antagonist, and let me rescue someone else! I was expecting to hear "Mario is in another Mansion" all the time.

Edited on by ThainEshKelch

ThainEshKelch

WoomyNNYes

I got the Luigi's Mansion 3 dlc. Are the luigi outfits/costumes for multiplayer only?

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
I can't answer your question but...
Was it just coincidence that you started playing that game when I started replaying the game?

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

@Budda What.... What. do yo mean!? (nervous shifty eyes)😆

I only want to play what Budda plays.😉 Which is why I have to stop playing Rocket League!

This was the first time I booted up LM3 since buying the DLC over the summer. So, in-game notifications mentioned all the things added with the DLC, and that wearing the dlc outfits changes the appearance of the ghosts in-game. Unfortunately, I think they're just talking about for Scarescraper multiplayer mode, which I'll never play. I played scarescraper on Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS, I'm not into it.

Last time I played Luigis Mansion 3, I was stuck on a pool swimmer boss, and I finally beat him! That was the biggest hurdle to diving back into the game. My story mode is about 75-80% complete.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

That polterkitty is out of control. As soon as I beat the 12 or 13 floor boss, the number of rooms & floors I have to track down polterkitty is just annoying. Is it just me? (No wrong answer)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

rallydefault

@WoomyNNYes
Not just you. I hate when games do the whole "You're progressing well and are very near the end of the game... wait... we need to put some filler content in where you revisit certain areas for a couple hours."

But if my memory further serves, the cat part isn't too terribly long when it's all said and done.

I was just reading my old post about this game at the top of this page. I think I still stand by it: Dark Moon is still my favorite, but since 2019 I've gone back to this game and 100% completed it, and it's really quite a charming and polished game. I still prefer going to actual different locations rather than just having the one hotel with the elevator, but it's a strong game overall.

rallydefault

Budda

@rallydefault
LM2 is probably my least favourite game of the series. Haha.
Probably because it's a 3DS game. I'm not a big handheld fan. Can't really enjoy games that are better suited for a big screen home conole experience on a small handheld screen. (And poor controls)

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

rallydefault

@Budda
Ah, I'm a handheld kinda guy, so that's interesting to see the contrast.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic