Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 381 to 400 of 612

NintendoByNature

The switch version in the vid looked fine to me. I only own a switch so it's not like I'll know what I'm missing by skipping the pc or ps4/ XB versions.

NintendoByNature

WhiteTrashGuy

I just really want some solid Switch reviews. My copy is waiting for me at my local game store and I have some trade-ins to go towards it, but I do want to know more about any bugs or crashes. Might have to wait on this. : /

You havn't seen BAD BOYS 2 ???!!

JaxonH

@New_Guest
since it was likely the switch version would sell more im wondering why didnt they put more work onto that version

And that's the real question that should be asked, not just for this game but all games. The answer is, I don't think these devs expect anything but PS4 sales to dominate, so that's where they focus. Then they're shocked when Switch outsells it or at least goes toe to toe.

Eventually, the mindset will transition to expecting great sales on Switch, developer by developer, and effort will increase (from a macro perspective, on average).

That said I think this version is pretty good, comparitavely speaking.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

CanisWolfred

To be fair, remember that this got delayed so they could address people's concerns regarding the visuals - and most the elements from the revamp aren't apparent on the Switch. I think it was designed with the Wii U, and later the Switch, in mind, and it was only upgraded for the sake of more powerful platforms due to demand.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

BruceCM

Eh, it still looks great in handheld & I've had no crashes yet or anything else....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

PCkid

I had a lot respect for Michiru Yamane but it's over.
"Luxurious Overture" is with no doubt possible a pure rip off of Crucified from Army of Lovers.

It starts at 0:42

I already had a bad opinion on the game but now this game is killing a heroine of my youth.

PCkid

Ralizah

lol I just watched a video that can be summed up suchly:

"The game looks good in handheld mode, but it doesn't look great on my 55 inch 4K TV like the PS4 Pro version does."

People are being ridiculous, as usual.

If you want to play this on the TV, buy it on PC or a home console.

If you want to play it as a portable experience, buy it on Switch.

@PCkid It really seems like you're stretching to find reasons to hate this game now. Did Igarashi kill your dog or something?

Ralizah

PikPi

S.O. is really excited to get the game. Though after reading through all the Switch impressions, I suggested he get it on PC or one of the other consoles. Hoping they can iron out some of the Switch issues though because I would like to have it portable at one point in the future. Overall I'm just glad the game is considered to be well-made and worth the wait

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

NintendoByNature

Wonder when NL will review it so we can all see how it turns out for the switch version. I had it preordered twice actually and canceled both times. I should clear up some backlog games first. But it would be nice to know what NL says.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Lols, just got killed by Snake.... (you know who) Can I call that a bug or a glitch or something?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Digital Foundry. They'll give the low-down on the technical shortcomings of the various versions of the game in a video.

Ralizah

JaxonH

I'll dive in deeper after work today and see how it fares.

Complaints I've heard are: crashes, frame drops, lag and visuals.

The visuals I can sort of agree on. Doesnt look the best docked. Kinda meh. It's ok I guess. Handheld does look pretty great. To me at least. Nice and sharp.

All I can say is, the other issues haven't reared their head yet. If they do, I'll be sure to update.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

BacklogBlues

BEST BUY ONLINE still has the steel game case for free and they will price match Amazon's price of $32.84. You CAN'T get it in store and get the steel game case. Although you can have your online order shipped to the store and pick it up. Also to price match on Best Buy Online you need to call customer support with the order number and be the one or say you are the one on the account. It only took me about 8 minutes to do this.

Edit: I ended up selling the Best Buy steel case and the game for a $18 dollar profit.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
DEUS EX: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (PC)
DOOM: THY FLESH CONSUMED (SWITCH)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Ralizah

@JaxonH Personally, I only REALLY care about a third-party Switch game's handheld performance, as the portability is generally the only reason I'd opt for the Switch version vs other ones.

Anyway, we've had so many cases now where people initially claimed the Switch port of a game was an unplayable mess, only for that... not to be true... that I can't help but to be skeptical.

Ralizah

roadrunner343

@Ralizah Unfortunately (for me) the issues are immediately noticeable in gameplay videos. I am extremely sensitive to frame rate drops though. I can handle visuals being degraded, even dynamic resolution drops, but with all the visual downgrades, aggressive dynamic resolution, I expect relatively smooth performance. The trade offs are just to great for me. I purchased on Steam this morning, and just need to decide if I keep my switch copy sealed for my collection, or return to Amazon. It's a great game so far, just disappointing that the Switch port is in such rough shape at the moment.

Edited on by roadrunner343

roadrunner343

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh me too. I've played games others claimed was "unplayable" and barely noticed a hitch. Hyperbole and overreaction are common within the gaming community, and bandwagoning complaints to that effect just exacerbate the issue to the point I can't trust anything I hear.

That's not to say people are necessarily wrong. But I judge based on what I see for myself. And so far it's pretty decent. That could change, the game could start crashing, I may start having issues, etc. But I'm not going to complain about something I have yet to experience.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred I've never been good with boss battle patterns like that, though I can say I was much better back in the 80's when I was doing it daily rather than as a rarer curiosity.

@JaxonH Sensible from a business perspective/publishing/numbers game perspective. PS4 has >80M consoles in the wild at this point. Even as I Switch fan, I wouldn't bet my money on Switch as the lead for anything but a Japan-centric game, let alone for a "franchise" (in spirit of) from the producer of, a Playstation-only (at launch) subseries of games. Obviously a lot of us know a 2.5D platformer with legendary NES connections to it's spiritual series will do great on Switch, but for "Spiritual successor to SotN" nobody can be faulted for assuming the base is on the 80M strong PS.

@PCkid Yeah, I mean, it's a 2.5D UE game. There's really no reason this can't run 1080p settings maxed on Switch. The engine can handle it. The hardware can handle it. This is definitely a case of poor optimization. I'm not saying only the Switch port is poorly optimized, rather the whole game is poorly optimized and other platforms can just brute force it using enough power to run Crysis.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic