Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 361 to 380 of 617

Quarth

Is Cobalt back?

Will wait for reviews until I decide. Super Mario Maker 2 releases the same day.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Zuljaras

Still I think that I will double dip with the Switch version even if it is not that good.
I have my negativity on the game but IGA needs the support in order to continue making such games!

Zuljaras

GeeEmm

Only have a Switch so couldn't care less what it's like on other platforms.
I'm pretty excited to play it...should be unlocking in the next couple of hours.

GeeEmm

BruceCM

@Ralizah & @GeeEmm, just got to 1st boss myself .... Plays & looks great, at least in handheld mode but I obviously don't have any other version to compare

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

PCkid

@Zuljaras

I have a lot to say (in a negative way) about the game such as :
The art direction ( the cats, the general enemies, the textures etc...)
The level design, like the undergrounds are copy/paste, even the ice part and the sand part are a copy/paste with another texture
The bosses are ridiculous, you stay in front of them and you mash the button, DONE !
The feeling to fight only 15 different enemies in total during the entire game.
The difficulty is set for the "ultra-noobs" and guess what, you have to finish the game in Normal to unlock hard(which is easy in reality) and only when you complete the normal AND the Hard mode then you have access to "nightmare"(which is normal++ in reality)
The New Game+ has NO CHALLENGE at all, I killed the 1st boss with 3 button press. Yeah, 3 times and I killed the boss during the NG+. Unacceptable.
The cinematics are awful and some texts are buggy.
I had several bugs that froze entierely the game and forced me to reboot and loose my progression.
etc...

This game even not on Switch is a joke, I played it on XBOX ONE X.
But when you try the Switch version, it's just everything that I said above but with horrible technical issues.
Resolution, framerate, missing effects etc...

More and more people start to talk about it now :

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

JaxonH

I HAVE THE GAME guys. Got it in the mail and played yesterday.

Resolution: its 720p, it looks like 720p. They told us that before hand. Little soft on the TV, game looks so dang good on handheld.

Input lag: there is none

Framerate: It plays smoothly. Like, it doesnt even need any more than 30. It doesnt. People would say you need 60fps to play pong nowadays.

Overall: looks noticeably downgraded a bit in docked, looks immaculate in handheld, plays flawlessly in both.

Maybe that'll change deeper in the game. I'm not far. But I have to judge by what I've played, and what I've played says "reasonably good release".

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

NEStalgia

That's a shame the 720p is a little soft. I'm still hoping they update that at some point, there's really no need for that for the graphics of this game on Switch...that's just inefficient usage, not necessity.

I'm mid-Vesperia so I think it'll be a while before I get to this. And I can't ignore SMM.

BUT I did try Curse of the Moon finally. Daaaang that thing is brutal. Just like the original Castlevania, so I can't complain. They nailed the visuals, sounds, and character movement. Playing it just after the real Castlevania Collection it felt like a part of it. They spent way, way too much time getting it to be a perfect NES Castlevania.

NEStalgia

glaemay

All versions have framerate dips and random crash issues. I have the PS4 version and I had these problems. People complain more about the Switch version probably because it's the version that sold more. The game needs more polishing it will probably be patched like Mighty No. 9. Sure it's not as good as the Igavanias on the DS but it's still a fine game.

Edited on by glaemay

glaemay

PCkid

@glaemay

The problem is not that the game can crash, the problem is that the Switch version is unacceptable.
If you put the PC version at its lowest settings, this is how it looks compare to the Switch.

There are a lot of backers from KS who already asked to get another version of the game.

PCkid

Ralizah

PCkid wrote:

the problem is that the Switch version is unacceptable.

In general, I don't get Switch ports expecting PC/PS4 levels of performance. And the developers did talk about the Switch version missing some visual effects when undocked, at least.

I'm not getting it to play on the TV, so if it's a decent looking portable experience, I'll be satisfied.

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

It's a downgrade, but it still looks fine enough on its own. If they had optimization issues, there's a chance that it could get patched up later. I personally don't have a portable PC, nor the funds to aquire one, so a PC version isn't really gonna do me any good. I'll judge the Switch version on its own merits. I know the graphics aren't the only complaints levied against it, but it's one people keep railing on, and I just don't care.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Curse of the Moon is fantastic. The difficulty is very well-balanced (I have to pay attention, but it doesn't kick my teeth in constantly like Castlevania III), the presentation, as you pointed out, is completely on point, and, best of all, it has multiple campaigns that connect story-wise. It feels easier than early Vanias because the level design isn't unfair or designed to give the player an excessively hard time.

Ralizah

glaemay

@PCkid Lol it's unacceptable because there's one effect on the floor missing? If you play this kind of game for the graphics I suggest you to play something else. The game is definitely not good looking on every versions when you compare to the first concept art. The Switch people complain more because it's where that kind of niche japanese game will sell the most. They did what they could with the low budget they had. But again all versions of the game are so broken they will obviously be patched.

Edited on by glaemay

glaemay

viced92

I was really looking forward to this game, and still want to get it. I'm a person who really couldn't care less about graphics, just so long as I don't have to deal with crashes like some people have said, I'll be fine. Should I wait a bit to see if they update anything?

viced92

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah, I didn't spend much time on it, but the first level was a breeze compared to early NES games, but the area boss was destroying me. Dodging the fireballs was not going well. I'm too far removed from "Nintendo hard" platforming, I fear. I can still ace retro Mario, modern DK, Rayman etc. But true NES era platforms, even modern recreations (including Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight, or apparently any game with the word Knight in it) I don't have the skills I did in 1988 apparently.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

New_Guest

I havnt got the game and im not sure i will but since it was likely the switch version would sell more im wondering why didnt they put more work onto that version?

by the way the first level from the video reminds me of prince of persia more than castelvania

New_Guest

NintendoByNature

The switch version in the vid looked fine to me. I only own a switch so it's not like I'll know what I'm missing by skipping the pc or ps4/ XB versions.

NintendoByNature

WhiteTrashGuy

I just really want some solid Switch reviews. My copy is waiting for me at my local game store and I have some trade-ins to go towards it, but I do want to know more about any bugs or crashes. Might have to wait on this. : /

You havn't seen BAD BOYS 2 ???!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic