Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 1 to 20 of 240

Octane

Kirby got announced for Switch! There's even a new tree boss

Edited on by Octane

Octane

kkslider5552000

I can't be the only one reminded of the canceled GCN Kirby game, right? Like, 3d model 2d Kirby with multiple helpers. Though this one seems to be doing a lot of cool things with that idea beyond having allies to help you fight.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@kkslider5552000 It looks like Return to Dreamland. I think that is what that GameCube game ended up becoming.

Octane

Sneaky_Beagle

I like the experimental (I.E. Mass Attack/Canvas Curse) Kirby titles a lot better than the mainline ones. This just looks kinda garden-variety to me.

It also doesn't look all that visually impressive by Switch standards.

Hopefully future footage proves to be more promising!

Sneaky_Beagle

Dreamliner

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

The more first party Nintendo titles the better. I will buy them ALL!!

Dreamliner

Bolt_Strike

Sneaky_Beagle wrote:

I like the experimental (I.E. Mass Attack/Canvas Curse) Kirby titles a lot better than the mainline ones. This just looks kinda garden-variety to me.

It also doesn't look all that visually impressive by Switch standards.

Hopefully future footage proves to be more promising!

I agree, I don't see anything in this game that really impresses me yet. I'm hoping they're hiding some kind of mechanic that spices things up, otherwise I may just skip this one.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SKTTR

Exploration, transformations, and classic Kirby quality platformer gameplay. Well, it was a given.
A colorful multiplayer Kirby adventure made by HAL Laboratories!
And in the same reel Yoshi 2018 which is made by GOOD-FEEL!

I speculate Retro Studios is probably working on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 (or their own game, finally) now that another studio is handling Metroid Prime 4. It would've been too much platformer in one presentation if they had included DKCR3 (and going even further, Mario Maker Switch).

With Super Mario Odyssey overarching, Nintendo leaves other companies no chance to take their Jump&Run legacy away.

If anything Nintendo's consoles are always the best for having all of these fine-tuned, fun, colorful platformers. And with support from other greats (Rayman Legends, Yooka-Laylee, Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc.) they are in a safe spot owning the genre.

And even though I love platformers, I also like other games. I wished for more diversity in the E3 spotlight. I'm the ten millionth to call for Animal Crossing Switch.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

mav-i-am

I agree it looks like a std Kirby game, but my 10 year daughter saw this and decided we needed it.

I am guessing she is closer to the target audience than I am!

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

JaxonH

Looks like a nice, proper, quality Kirby game. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Planet Robobot.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

I wasn't a huge fan of Return to Dreamland,it was alright.I much preferred Epic Yarn.I do love playing as Kirby though,he's a great character.I skipped Rainbow Curse but I'll be getting this one for sure.I just wish they had done more with the graphics.Yoshi looks superb though.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

RetroRider

The game looked beautiful was my first impression, it's really cool to see helpers and ability fusions back, looks like a promising quality Kirby so far.

RetroRider

Oat

@kkslider5552000 You're not the only one who was thinking that. My first thoughts went to that canceled Gamecube game from back in 05. It looks like they finally went ahead and made it! This was my game of the show followed by super mario odyssey. I hope it has better level design than Return to Dreamland

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter
Switch Friend code: SW-6964-7226-0016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6964-7226-0016 | 3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

Jacadamia

If they can make this game as good as planet robobot it'll be amazing and probably my new favorite Kirby game. I loved Return to Dreamland for the multiplayer but the 3DS games' level designs blew RtDL's out of the water. Combine the better level design with multiplayer, mixable copy-abilities and helpers, and I'll be the happiest kirby-camper in the world.

Hey I'm Jack and I make animations and other stuff on my Youtube channel: Jacadamia!

Zyrac

I'm not into the gimmick here. Don't like having braindead AI allies bouncing around while I'm trying to get stuff done. Ability combining looks cool though.

Also, buff Dedede. At least the Smash community got some easy joke material out of this Direct.

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

Also Yo-yo and GIM are back, along with ESP. If you combine them, maybe we can get Baseball Bat Kirby .

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Agriculture

Does anyone know if Masahiro Sakurai is involved in this game?

Agriculture

Octane

@Agriculture Why would he be? The last Kirby game he worked on was over a decade ago.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic