Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 561 to 580 of 594

CroRock

Just got myself a Xenoblade Pro Controller. I was wondering why it doesn’t show serial number in Switch settings like joycons do? It’s connected to dock with USB cable and charging. How to know serial number then? It have serial on packaging but how to know it’s the same serial of actual controller?! I’m confused.
Also.. how long it takes to fully recharge new controller? Don’t have percentage but it looks like it’s already full but chargin led is still on..

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

cambotero

@Faruko I find the pro controller specially comfortable for games like Zelda and Xenoblade.

So...
Is it mandatory to buy the pro controller? NO
Do you need it for fully enjoying the games? NO
Would I recommend it? Hell, YES

cambotero

soma

Has the D-Pad problems on the Pro Controller been fixed? Or is it still a problem? I heard the XenoBlade Pro Controller already fixed it but don't know if it's happening in normal controllers.

soma

CroRock

@soma
My XC2 Pro Controller works great except SOMETIMES when I press down on far right side it register right. But it’s not noticeable in games. Other directions works like they should. So I would say they did.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

soma

CroRock wrote:

@soma
My XC2 Pro Controller works great except SOMETIMES when I press down on far right side it register right. But it’s not noticeable in games. Other directions works like they should. So I would say they did.

Thank you! That's great to know! Hopefully normal controllers are fixed too since the XC2 is very expensive.

soma

CroRock

@soma
XC2 controller looks really nice and I’m a big fan of game so didn’t mind paying extra money.
Question is if they fixed normal ones, how would you know if you bought new, fixed one or one from old stock? Like really.. if you invest a little more you are safe and you get cool looking special edition

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

soma

CroRock wrote:

@soma
XC2 controller looks really nice and I’m a big fan of game so didn’t mind paying extra money.
Question is if they fixed normal ones, how would you know if you bought new, fixed one or one from old stock? Like really.. if you invest a little more you are safe and you get cool looking special edition

I guess you're right it's just that 80+ bucks for a control seems too much :S
Anyway I still don't own a Switch but I'm planning to get one soon, it's good to know that at least the XC2 is an option

soma

iLikeUrAttitude

Anyone know a good joycon accessory to make it more comfortable?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

bsbishop

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

I'm going to try to pick up the Joy-Con AA Battery Pack to see if it will make it more comfortable to play with Mario Odyssey..

I find it a bit annoying that Mario Odyssey seems to be heavily motion-enabled when they could have just added those features as an option to the button layout.

bsbishop

Moronite

My 2nd set of joy cons are wearing out the same way my first set did. It's kind of frustrating having 2 controllers die on me already and having to spend another 80 dollars on yet another controller which will probably last less than 6 months.

I do have about 1700 hours of playtime so that could be why they are wearing out so quickly I am not sure how long they should last. I only play in handheld mode so a cheaper wired controller won't work for me.

The problems I am encountering are as follows: in Mario kart the brakes are applied during races from time to time for a few seconds, and in games like minecraft and botw the right stick moves down and the left stick moves in a down-left direction. It's the same thing with both sets of joy cons the ones that came with the system in march and the ones I bought around September/October. My first set of joy cons are unplayable it's so bad and my newer set only act up from time to time but are getting worst.

Do I just have bad luck? or is there a problem with the joy cons that many people are experiencing the same problems I am having? or is it just due to the amount of use I put on my controllers and that they're only expected to last so many hours of play time before being replaced?

1175 hours of minecraft
285 hours of Mario kart
270 hours of Loz botw
And that's about all I play. Some of that is spent afk

Moronite

Gameplay_Matters

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

Yesterday I received the AmazonBasics Joy-Con grips. I really like them!

The material is hard plastic but with a soft finish. It's rather slippery but the ergonomics are so good, that this is not an issue. The Joy-Cons slide in neatly and they fit superbly. They won't slide out on their own, but you can get them out with only one thumb.
The L and R buttons work well and are comfortable to reach. However, the click isn't as satisfying as with the naked Joy-Con. (Better than with the strap, though.)
There is also a cover for the joystick. It is very slippery but it makes the joysticks bigger and thus easier to move precisely.

I paid 10,63 € for a set of two.

Untitled

Gameplay_Matters

Luna_110

That looks awesome to use when you're playing with others in multiplayer!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

TB-1599

Has anybody else picked up the 8bitdo SF/SN30 Pro controllers?? I am having a weird issue with mine. It works on all of my games except Nights of Azure 2. I have tried contacting 8bitdo. But I haven't heard back..

TB-1599

LeopardSon

I think the joy cons are perfect....except perhaps for a pro controller for Street fighter or a shooter but for action adventure joy cons are great and comfy

Nintendo really nailed it with everything on this one. I dare say, I beleive the Wii U WAS the prototype/beta. But Nintendo was on the near brink so they gambled with an early release, saw the pros and cons, strengthened the former, eliminates the latter, and Boom: u got the switch

It’s just MY RUMOR that the Wii U wasn’t truly developed and Nintendo needed ideas, but they also needed a release, so they did the Wii U (kinda like a ps4 pro or x1x but less of a rip off) knowing die hard Nintendo heads would buy it , testing the waters all the while and redeveloping from the ground up....why do I think that? The general sprit and idea of the console is essentially the same, or similar but the final product and application of the theoretical ideal is executed much better , nearly perfectly, with the switch

And I’ve been a PS fan since PSX to PS4....just converted to Nintendo this Christmas BECAUSE of how impressed i am with this innovation

LeopardSon

DanteSolablood

@LeopardSon I agree with you on the joy cons, I've been using them for hours (getting to last few moons on Odyssey) since getting my Switch just after Christmas & have found them perfectly comfortable and responsive... the only real issue I could see is the lack of a real d-pad. But I like being cheaty in fighting games & find sticks better from my quarter/half circle A+B's anyway.

I disagree on the Wii U though, there was a LOT of development & money put behind the Wii U, Nintendo just made a series of odd decisions that lead to it being fairly limited. Then they Nintendoed the branding & launch (see Gamecube, & 3DS launches).

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

LeopardSon

Please by all means feel free to, your entitled and I’m sure u have your own experience with it @DanteSolablood

Allow me to at least say, I don’t think it was an intentional experiment for them to data mine while profiteering . I meant it didn’t succeed, partially for the poor execution but mainly as u said, it wasn’t bad, like GameCube or ages Dreamcast, bad marketing and unlucky market trends and choices

Good discussion. Pal

LeopardSon

Gameplay_Matters

Does anybody know if there is a controller that works for the Nintendo Switch AND the PlayStation 3? My old PS3 controller is used up but I don't know if it's worth it to buy a new one. Maybe if I could also use it for the Switch, that could tip me over.

Gameplay_Matters

Anti-Matter

Question.
How do i SYNC my Wiimote Plus with Nintendo Switch ?
Need which version update ?

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Anti-Matter wiimotes don't work with the Switch. I'm sure there is some third party adapter that could make it work but not natively regardless of what firmware you have. Besides why would you want to use a wiimote when the Joycons are superior in just about every possible way?

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Sorry, this topic has been locked.