Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 541 to 560 of 594

Octane

@CaPPa The Pro Controller is fine though. The issue isn't the configuration, it's the fact that the right stick is literally right below the buttons and not slightly to the left like on most controllers.

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

For me the Switch Pro Controller is 100% a mandatory purchase. And it's not cheap either, another €75 on top of €330. A memory card will also be needed, more money.......

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FX102A

@SLIGEACH_EIRE About as mandatory as the Wii u's Pro controller and a Hard Drive.

FX102A

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@FX102A The hard drive was necessary for Wii U, the Pro Controller was not though. The Pro Controller is absolutely needed for the Switch, for me at least.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

FX102A

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Your last 4 words are important; as it destroys the "mandatory" argument.

Also I knew people who couldn't play the Wii U with the gamepad and thus the pro controller was "mandatory" in their eyes.

Whilst the Pro Controller is the best way to play the Switch when docked (in my opinion), I've played enough with the Joycons to know it is good enough and in no way mandatory.

FX102A

CaPPa

@Octane
I'll have to get a pro controller at some point. Having offset sticks definitely helps (I don't have much issue with them on Xbox) but I still find the GamePad layout more comfortable.

It's a shame that the Switch didn't end up with the modular designs that were rumoured (so you could switch the positions as you liked) and could have even then swapped out the buttons for a d pad if desired. Probably would have been too many pieces to lose/break though, which is something that worries me a bit with the joycons already.

CaPPa

Octane

@CaPPa I prefer the face buttons on the top right, so either the Switch Pro Controller, Xbox controller or DS4 works fine for me. The Wii U controllers were fine, but I never understood why they had both sticks on top...

Octane

OorWullie

@SLIGEACH_EIRE If you spend a bit of time with the Joy-con you'll find you get used to them and that actually, they're another one of Nintendo's great controllers.I remember you said you got to try them out recently and as expected you didn't like them but like anything, if you go into something with a negative mindset chances are first hands on impressions won't be great. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like them either, so I bought a Pro along with my Switch. As its turned out, I hardly use the Pro, it's basically my Splatoon controller. The Joy-con analogue is also surprisingly a great alternative for a D-pad for 2D games. As someone who swore by a D-pad being the only way to play these games I was surprised to see how easy it was to get used to. As for those 4 face buttons, no they are not a good alternative and the only time I use them are for Puyo Puyo Tetris where they excel.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Tasuki

So I got a question does the Joy Cons charge when you have them in the grip or just when you have them attached to the tablet?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

cambotero

@Tasuki

You need the charging grip (sold separately) if you want the joycons to charge when attached to the grip

cambotero

The_Rallycore

Hey guys, I've been thinking about buying a new controller for my Switch, but I need a hand. The nintendo wired controller plus is what I have my eye on, but there's some info I can't seem to find on it.
1)Where on the switch does it plug in?
2)Does it have motion controls?
3)How long is the cord?

The_Rallycore

Danpal65

@The_Rallycore I'm not %100 on the last two, but it plugs into one of the USB sockets in the Switch dock. I feel like I have heard that it does NOT have motion controls, something I think also happens when you use the pro controller as a wired controller (someone correct me if I'm wrong)?

Danpal65

Nintendo Network ID: Danpal65 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Trawling through the internet and came across this 3rd party Switch compatible Pro controller. It has all the features of the Official Switch Pro Controller except NFC, which is a good thing in my book. And it has Turbo.

LREGO Wireless Controller, Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad für Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.de/LREGO-Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-Nin... €25

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LREGO-Wireless-Controller-Bluetooth-... £25

Here's a video though it's in German.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

DTMOF84

Has anyone used the KontrolFreek thumb stick covers? I bought some and took them right off after I used them. They make the sticks easier to use. But for the left Joy-Con it gets in the way of the B button. I would bump the right stick everytine I tried to hit B.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Harmonie

Why in the world is the Switch Pro Controller so darn expensive?

I'm getting a Switch for Christmas/Birthday, and I'm looking at this necessity for me (I always loved my Pro Controller on the Wii U and never really used anything else unless it was straight-up required. Was it ever?) and it costs $65 to $70. Wasn't the Wii U Pro Controller like $30?

I can't comprehend how the Switch is selling so well compared to the Wii U with such outrageous prices. I need the Pro Controller, but I don't have the heart to ask my parents to buy that for me and I most certainly don't have any money myself.

Are the cheaper wired controllers a reasonable alternative?

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

ThomGee

@Harmonie The Wii U Pro Controller was $60 actually. I imagine the 10 extra dollars comes from the motion controls, but yeah, the price is outrageous.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Harmonie

Strix wrote:

@Harmonie The Wii U Pro Controller was $60 actually. I imagine the 10 extra dollars comes from the motion controls, but yeah, the price is outrageous.

Oh wow, bad memory on my part. Back then I had more spending money and didn't think much of it.

I wish my Wii U Pro Controller could be compatible. But alas, Nintendo can't even throw Wii U owners that bone.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Faruko

Should i get the Pro controller ?

So far im playing Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade

and the handheld mode feels so awesome, i love it

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Sisilly_G

Harmonie wrote:

Why in the world is the Switch Pro Controller so darn expensive?

I'm getting a Switch for Christmas/Birthday, and I'm looking at this necessity for me (I always loved my Pro Controller on the Wii U and never really used anything else unless it was straight-up required. Was it ever?) and it costs $65 to $70. Wasn't the Wii U Pro Controller like $30?

I can't comprehend how the Switch is selling so well compared to the Wii U with such outrageous prices. I need the Pro Controller, but I don't have the heart to ask my parents to buy that for me and I most certainly don't have any money myself.

Are the cheaper wired controllers a reasonable alternative?

I think you should grab a second pair of Joy-Con instead. You'll be able to play with up to two more people, and I would argue that the Joy-Con in a grip feel more comfortable than the Pro Controller (which feels like a step down from the fantastic Wii U Pro Controller).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sorry, this topic has been locked.