Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 341 to 360 of 594

Honelith

JHDK wrote:

2 things:

1. my right joy-con is slightly looser than my left. it's not noticeable unless i purposely wiggle them but now that i know about it my OCD brain can't stop thinking about it. does anyone else have a similar situation?

2. at the top of the console/tablet, to the left of the vent and just to the right of the volume buttons, the seam between the back plate and the front of the console is not 100% flush. it VERY slightly sticks out. now with the rest of the system, everywhere the front and back parts meet seamlessly. it's just that one part where i can fit my fingernail in between the two. once again, anyone else notice this?

Number 1, both Joy-Con analog sticks seem to feel the same, maybe the left analog has ever so slightly less resistance then the right, but analog sticks loosen with age anyways so this is a non-issue for me.

Number 2, mine is the same, on the right of where it says 'VOLUME' on the Switch, it's a tiny hairline gap on the top of the Switch, almost like another screw should have been used to tighten that area. I never even noticed it before but it seems normal to me.

Anyone have the same issue as me with the Pro controller? It's the same with both analog sticks, if I quickly press forward and let go, as the analog resets back into position, it makes my character move the other way. So when I tap forward and let go, my character goes forwards then backwards. Tried to return my Pro controller to Argos yesterday but they had sold out, the lady working there says they've had alot returned because of this issue, wondering if it's a design flaw of the controller the fact it happens with both analog sticks.

Edited on by Honelith

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

JHDK

@Honelith Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear #2 isn't just me. As for #1, I wasn't talking about the analog stick on the joy-con. I was talking about it's connection to the console. The connection between the controller and console on the right side of my system seems to wiggle slightly more than the connection on the left. It's not noticeable unless I'm trying to notice it but now that I know about it, I can't stop thinking about it.

And I'm sorry I can't reply to your question. I don't have a Pro Controller and, at least for now, really like using a joy-con in each hand.

Edited on by JHDK

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

Honelith

@JHDK Whoops, ah, yeah, my left Joy-Con has a slight more wriggle then the right Joy-Con, the left Joy-Con leans back a bit ever so slightly from the console, but not noticable unless you look for it. They both have a slight wriggle but feel sturdy , probably because the console is so thin so there's not much for the Joy-Cons to hold onto? I notice there's tiny little nubs (nipples?) on the Joy-Cons which seem to offer it some stability when locked onto the Switch.

Edited on by Honelith

Honelith

JHDK

@Honelith Once again, thanks for the reply. It makes me feel much better to know the little quirks I've noticed with my Switch are not singular to me. Even though your joy con wiggles a bit more on the opposite side than me, I guess total symmetry is not to be expected for any of us.

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

ProjectX1991

Anyone else's Switch seem ok? I'm beginning to get paranoid and trying to look for problems like bad battery, dodgy seams, left joy-con and error codes, bent/warped switch dock...it's rather worrying reading people's problems online.

The left joy-con, how can you tell if it's faulty? I know that may sound stupid but I barely use my joy cons at the moment but when on 1-2-switch I had two times where the left joy-con took a while to respond to the "click" thing before a game...but it hasn't been often.

ProjectX1991

AndyD

Are the nintendo licensed gel joy con gel guards or grips worth it? I know they allow the joy cons to be connected to the switch itself or apart, but not placed in the joy con controller. Anyways, was wondering if the gel guards really helped make the joy cons easier to hold?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Honelith

I got cheap black ones from ebay just to test and they're brilliant, makes them much better to hold.

Honelith

Andrzej777

Realized yesterday that my left joy cons has problems.
About four times it lost lync and I had to click both L and R buttons to re-sync with the switch.
Happened spontaneously - I didnt change my position or put any aquarium between the console and the cons.
Then during a shrine mission I sort of lost control over Link. He just kept going even though I didnt want hime to and so he fell off a walkway or something. Had to restart the level a couple of times and thats what got me annoyed. Re-syncing controllers might be that much of a deal but when you cannot properly control your character and lose thats an entirely different thing. Today I wrote a letter of complaint to the company I bought the console from. Will see where this will go.

Andrzej777

SubBronze

Dumb question which I'm 99% sure the answer will be no:

Does the Switch Pro Controller work on Wii U?

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

blaisedinsd

I think I may wait until they come out with joy-cons that have a D-pad. It's almost a worse omission than the 3DS not having a second circle pad.

You do think they will come out with different flavor joy-cons right?

I got Zelda on Wii U but my kids are asking for 12switch. I can't imagine trying to play Blaster Master or Shovel Knight with out a Dpad.

SW-7087-5868-6390

skywake

I just encountered the JoyCon de-sync for the first time. I guess it didn't happen before because I was just lucky. Also because I tend to play on the tablet itself 90% of the time. But it did play up quite a bit for a while. Just randomly. I resolved the issue by moving to a seat that was closer to the TV and it didn't happen again.

But still, this happening? Kinda makes me more interested in getting the Pro Controller sooner. Not just yet because I'm starting to slow down on Zelda a bit. Splatoon testfire next week. Then probably a few indie games when they come. But when Mario Kart appears? I'll probably grab a Pro Controller then. If the JoyCon hadn't played up I would have probably waited until the end of the year before bothering with it.

Am I rewarding Nintendo for a less than perfect design/firmware? Probably. But the way I see it it's an issue I can resolve by getting a Pro Controller for playing games on the TV. And for the times I'm not playing a game on the TV the JoyCon work fine.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NaviAndMii

@skywake Something you could try, which worked for me, is this: Go to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Calibrate Control Sticks - then select the control stick on the left Joy-Con - slowly and smoothly rotate the control stick...if the connection looks a bit jumpy on screen, try moving the Switch dock around until the connection appears smooth - you'll hopefully find a sweet spot where you get a solid connection which should improve your experience...

...I haven't had any problems since I did the above **touch wood** - not ideal I know, but it seems (from my experience at least) like a reasonably solid workaround

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

Bulbousaur wrote:

Does the Switch Pro Controller work on Wii U?

Unfortunately, no. Otherwise it would have said so on the box.

blaisedinsd wrote:

It is an inevitability. The only question is when. I just wish that they would hurry it up because I want to buy more Joy-Cons, but considering how expensive they are, I don't want to invest in the currently available colours that are so plain and dull (which is why I held off on buying a New 3DS XL until limited edition varieties became available). I intend to buy 6 more Joy-Cons once nicer colours are available for any potential 8-player games (Super Smash Bros. being an inevitability, and I may get Bomberman once the price drops).

blaisedinsd wrote:

I got Zelda on Wii U but my kids are asking for 12switch. I can't imagine trying to play Blaster Master or Shovel Knight with out a Dpad.

Undocked or with the Joy-Con grip, I have no problem with those kinds of games, but with a single Joy-Con, any game that requires grid-based precision (like Shovel Knight, Super Mario games and Tetris) and utilises the analogue stick as the primary control mechanism is virtually unplayable.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Almighty-Koz

blaisedinsd wrote:

I think I may wait until they come out with joy-cons that have a D-pad. It's almost a worse omission than the 3DS not having a second circle pad.

ive had little issues with playing those games with the joycons dpad....also 12switch sucks, that is the biggest waste of money ive spent in a long while. looked fun but half the time when im playing with friends we always joke how almost every game is the same jerking motion the boxing game so far has been the most fun tennis was almost un playable cause without seeing a ball its nearly impossible to time your hits after 1 or 2 of them.

Almighty-Koz

Andrzej777

@Almighty-Koz
Biggest waste of money? lol!
The metacritic score hasnt been too kind either.
I am generally not to fond of mini game collections, however, I do own nintendoland and party u - those game are at least sort of fun and getting them for cheap is definitely ok. When I first saw 1,2 switch I knew that I wouldnt even keep that one in my collection if somebody paid me to...

Try to sell it as long as its worth something!!!! Luckily it wasnt a pack-in game...

Edited on by Andrzej777

Andrzej777

raviadso

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone else has had problems with their L and R buttons (the "click" function of the right and left analogue sticks). I played about 20 hours of Binding of Isaac which didn't use them, but went back to Zelda and I couldn't get stealth or Sheikah slate to work. I don't remember when the last time the sticks worked, but I've babied the console so far. No drops, no dings or scratches. It hasn't even left my house. Adult owner with no kids or animals around.

Neither stick makes a noise and neither one reads anymore, only four weeks after buying it at launch, neither stick clicks. Nintendo has offered to fix or replace, but I'm wondering if it's just a manufacturing error or if it's a design flaw. I'm really hoping the replaced/fixed Joycons are more durable.

Edited on by raviadso

raviadso

FGPackers

Sorry if it's kinda late but i remember to do it just now. After Splatoon 2 Global Testfire i can defintely say that i will never need a Pro Controller. Playing it with joy-cons attached to the base grip (not charging one) and it was easy, comfortable, nice and fun. This combo is really good, Nintendo did an awesome job on this point. Just wanted to share it with you guys

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Budda

Question regarding the left joy-con issue.
So I called the Nintendo support(Germany) 2 days ago. I asked if I could send in my left joy-con alone for repair, just to make sure. She asked what the problem is. I told her my problem and that Nintendo is actually aware of it. And she like, no we haven't heard anything about it and other costumers didn't report it...
What? So this is just a NA thing or something? That's weird.
I just have sent it in and just hope the guys at the repair service are aware of it. =/

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

JaxonH

@Masurao @Blur_Escalation
The fix is real and so is the problem. I have 5 sets of Joycons. 9 of them worked perfectly. 1 had issues I detected in the stick calibration screen, I tested all of them by holding the controllers behind my back and twirling the analog from across the room. There was one of them that would cut out when I did this.

I called Nintendo, they emailed me a 2 day shipping label before I was off the phone with them. I dropped it off Monday, it arrived there Wednesday, they fixed it Wednesday, shipped it back out Wednesday with overnight shipping and I received it Thursday. 72 hr turnaround. And it was indeed fixed. Apparently they just need to put a little cubic piece of foam inside to eliminate interference with a metal casing box inside.

@blaisedinsd
Idk, I think Shovel Knight and Master Blaster play just as good if not better using the Joycons. The directional buttons are really close together, and works fantastic in my experience. Even fighting games like King of Fighters 98 play great. The only time the joy cons don't seem to work that well is sideways when you need a Dpad, sideways you are forced to use the analog. It works fine for games like Snipperclips though.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sorry, this topic has been locked.