Forums

Topic: Go Vacation (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 121 to 125 of 125

ThanosReXXX

@Titanica You're welcome.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

RR529

Put in the order for this the other day. Should be getting here by the middle of next week.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DarkRula

The racing events I find to be great fun here, as well as the exploring. It's just a well put together game. And tubing down the snow mountain from the very top gives so many laughs.
I just wish that when we buddy up with people they can actually take part in the events instead of being told to wait by the side like dogs do.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

RR529

I have to admit, it's pretty robust even from a single player perspective. The racing events in particular have lots to do, and there's tons of them (Motor Fest is particularly packed). Scuba Diving may be the single most robust event, and is quite relaxing. While there are some events that are short lived, most of them are fun while they last (only a few, like the Whack-A-Mole mini-game, seem "meh").

However, this refers specifically to playing them with the "Full Control" option. I don't have much experience with the motion controls enabled, so it's entirely possible some events suck with them on. I did try out Tennis & Mini-Golf with motion, and while Tennis worked well enough (though not as intuitive as Nintendo's past efforts), Mini-Golf was a train wreck with them enabled. Both work fine with normal controls though. NOTE: some events (specifically anything "trick" related) use some motion even in the normal control mode. It's just been a quick shake of the controller, which I haven't had a problem with while playing on TV, but it makes those events awkward portably).

Overall it's been a fun time though, and a nice change of pace compared to what I usually play.

I've noticed a ton of easter eggs referencing Namco's other properties too, particularly in the City Resort, but it wouldn't surprise me to find them in other resorts as well:

Pac-Man - the puck in Table Hockey, on an electric sign in City Resort (easily seen in the third level of Grind Master), the ghosts are on an electric banner in City Resort as well.
Mappy - on an electric sign in City Resort.
Galaga - the "Exotic Car" you can choose in certain Motor Fest events is adorned with the ship.
Klonoa - the default formula race car you can choose in Motor Fest's Oval Race event is adorned with his name.
Others - the baseball uniforms seen in the background of the Power Hitter event are from a Japanese exclusive baseball series (the red one with the blue "N" is seen being worn by the mascot of a, Bandai Namco developed, baseball game that recently released in Japan, if you check their eShop).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.