Forums

Topic: Games you recently DROPPED

Posts 181 to 200 of 331

Magician

Art of Rally

Did the first portion where it's open roaming, looking for collectibles. After that I went to try my first rally attempt...and the game crashed. One more for the trade pile I guess. This is the six or seventh game I've played on Switch with serious stability issues.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

AndrasLOHF

A few recently:

Ni No Kuni 1. I wanted to love the game so badly, but I absolutely hated the combat. Like every single thing about it I hated. I was trying to force myself through it but Future Connected came out and I just couldn't be bothered enough to go back to it.

Doom Eternal. Eventually I just had my fill of this game and got tired of the platforming.

Skyward Sword. Can't stand the controls(despise motion controls more so than button). This is a 3rd person adventure game re-released in 2021. For the button controls, WTF would someone make you have to hold down a trigger button dang near the whole time to move the camera. You obviously more the camera more than the sword, so why not hold a button for sword movement.

Edited on by AndrasLOHF

AndrasLOHF

StarPoint

Unfortunately, Advance Wars Re-boot Camp has slowly exited my current playing list. I think the game is fun, but it just hasn't aged well in some ways in my mind, and overall I just don't think the game appeals to me all that much. However, I don't regret buying the game and I still had fun with the 10 hours or so I played. And I'm happy to be supporting the series, and hopefully, we'll get a new entry in the series eventually. Maybe I'll pick it back up once I get through my current slew of games.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

spiderman0616

The first full blown Pokémon game I ever played in my life was Pokémon Scarlet. I got almost all the way to the end of it, accidentally deleted my save when I upgraded to a Switch OLED, decided to restart on Violet instead, and eventually abandoned both.

spiderman0616

Magician

Dimension Drive
Much like Ikaruga, more of a puzzle game than a shmup. Made it to stage five (of twelve) and my old man brain can't handle keeping tabs on two screens at the same time. I continually swapped into walls. Good game, but I'm not in the right headspace for this at the moment.

RXN
More my speed. Just a straight up horizontal shmup. I like the 3D background art and the music isn't half bad. The problem...is that weapon strength is tied to a leveling system. And while I love rpg systems in my shmups, the grind to level up is a bit much here.

I'd rather not spend an hour replaying one stage, grinding weapon levels just to pass one stage.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tasuki

I was switching out Mario Kart 8 Deluxe from my Switch so I can play some TMNT Shredder's Revenge. As I went to remove MK8D and put it in its case it slipped and I dropped it on the floor. Luckily it wasn't that far of a drop and my game was ok.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

Super Mega Baseball 4

It's a good but not great baseball game. My problem is that once every ten games or so I would hard crash to the dashboard, which is super annoying. In addition to that, I don't like the pitching in this game. Too loosey-goosey for my taste. When a pitcher gets tired IRL they lose velocity on their fastball and they lose movement on their breaking pitches.

But here in SMB 4 when a pitcher gets tired a high and tight fastball turns into a low and away slurve.

Even a pitcher with a severe case of the yips doesn't lose that much control of their pitches.

Yeah...I would rather play more eBaseball Pro Yakyuu Spirits than this game.

ZeldaFan83

Ghosts of Tsushima.

Beautiful game and great characters with good dialog. So why did I stop playing the game? It has some of my most disliked tropes in games:

Too many cut scenes. First party games from Sony mostly feel like an interactive movie.

Bullet time. I feel this was getting stale 15-20 years ago in movies and video games. It’s not needed in this game.

Too many different fighting styles. If you’re fighting against someone with a two handed weapon, you have to fight with this fighting style. But if someone has a bow of one handed weapon, got to switch mid battle to really optimize your battle.

Talking while walking or riding. Every single quest has this. It’s lame and should have died out years ago.

I think I’ve had my fill of Sony exclusives because they feel and play the same.

Edited on by ZeldaFan83

ZeldaFan83

NintendoByNature

Elden Ring. It got tedious for me only about 5-6 hrs in. Wasn't making any headway, couldn't fight quite a few bosses in the starting area from being severely under-leveled. It wouldve taken a bunch of time to get to the recommended levels, which is time i dont have these days.

Controls felt a bit too clunky for my liking, too..i couldn't figure out how to map my horse summon to a singular button without pressing pause and manually picking it. More than likely a me problem, but it shouldn't be that hard. It should've been programmed to a single button press. I also despise that you can't actually pause the game mid battle. I know they did that on purpose, but its definitely not something I enjoy personally.

Lastly, coming off the heels of totk, it just doesn't seem like it's open world in comparison. There are so many roadblocks you shouldn't cross due to high level enemies. I constantly felt on guard with little to nothing to do other than combat lower difficulty enemies. And for me, that's just a snooze fest.

Sorry to dump on Many gamers beloved title, but its just not for me, and that's fine. Maybe ill revisit it down the road at some point if I have a change of heart.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Balta666

@NintendoByNature let's continue here then! I understand your feeling very well as I also dropped the game (although after 70h ). I am not very fond of its open world because it is just way too big and with its system of not showing sidequests, etc is very easy to get lost or forget where you are supposed to go. To this day I feel it was mastered in Dark souls 1 and made worst every single time after. Comparing with TotK/botw does not feel fair to me as I don't see Zelda's games as RPG and souls are completely in that genre (even though a good player can step over its level boundaries).
People say it is the easiest because you can more easily grind while exploring (and having fun at it) but I found that the end game is very hard and potentially you can screw yourself if you go for a strength/dexterity build as magic is more OP.

Edited on by Balta666

NintendoByNature

@Balta666 totally get where you're coming from. You gave it far more of a fair shake than I, so I trust you.

I understand they're not comparable games, I guess what I'm saying is playing 2 open world games back to back, there was never a shortage of things to do in totk. I felt the the complete opposite when playing elden ring. I was roadblocked at nearly every corner which makes that whole, "go anywhere and do anything" seem like it's not actually the case in elden ring.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

Speaking of dropping open world games, I think I've now dropped BotW for the 4th or 5th time. 😝 I always want to like it but I always fall of the wagon after just a few hours.

Wander around lost for awhile, try to fight big monsters with nothing but bombs because literally every weapon I have ever obtained has already broken, do a completely random side quest and a couple shrines, get lost and break all my weapons again and then slowly stop playing.

As to Elden Ring, seems like a pretty common game to drop relatively quickly; not because it's a bad game, just because it's very Elden Ring-y.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

ZeldaFan83

Prey 2017.

Really wanted to like this one. I was told this is like Bioshock and System Shock of old. After five hours, the pace of the game got really cumbersome.

Story is good. Graphics look great. Music is awesome.
But, the pacing and enemies are a real turn off on this game.

Bought it for $9 on a steam sale, so no real loss.

ZeldaFan83

ZeldaFan83

NintendoByNature wrote:

Elden Ring. It got tedious for me only about 5-6 hrs in. Wasn't making any headway, couldn't fight quite a few bosses in the starting area from being severely under-leveled. It wouldve taken a bunch of time to get to the recommended levels, which is time i dont have these days.
Controls felt a bit too clunky for my liking, too..i couldn't figure out how to map my horse summon to a singular button without pressing pause and manually picking it. More than likely a me problem, but it shouldn't be that hard. It should've been programmed to a single button press. I also despise that you can't actually pause the game mid battle. I know they did that on purpose, but its definitely not something I enjoy personally.

Lastly, coming off the heels of totk, it just doesn't seem like it's open world in comparison. There are so many roadblocks you shouldn't cross due to high level enemies. I constantly felt on guard with little to nothing to do other than combat lower difficulty enemies. And for me, that's just a snooze fest.

Sorry to dump on Many gamers beloved title, but its just not for me, and that's fine. Maybe ill revisit it down the road at some point if I have a change of heart.

I’ve also tried to get into Souls/ER type games. But have never been able to. It’s a genre you love or hate.

ZeldaFan83

NintendoByNature

@ZeldaFan83 yep. It's just not for me. Oh well, back to some other stuff I'm thoroughly enjoying.

NintendoByNature

ZeldaFan83

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ZeldaFan83 yep. It's just not for me. Oh well, back to some other stuff I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Yeah. I’m actually taking a break from gaming. Trying to catch up on other media that I’m behind on.

But, I feel like the internet treats people like trash who doesn’t like what they like.

ZeldaFan83

Magician

Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory & Fallen Legion Revenants

They aren't bad games, it's just that the gameplay isn't for me. This old man can't handle the parrying.

Sonic Frontiers

Again, not a bad game. I just prefer my Sonic is 2D...I suppose.

Jhena

@NeonPizza
Now I am even more curious for Resident Evil Village VR. Have you played Resident Evil 4 with PlayStation VR 2? Is it also worth playing?

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

KendoHead

TOTK - I know, don't judge me. I finished it, but I dropped it in the sense that I stopped playing it like other Zelda's or any other game I've enjoyed: after about 15-20 hours, I stopped exploring, stopped hunting for resources stopped reading/ listening to dialogue, abandoned all side quests, used every exploit I could and just blazed through the critical path.

I'm glad people enjoy it, and I adore BOTW, however, after loving zelda for 30+ years, TOTK just wasn't what I came to the table for.

KendoHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic