Forums

Topic: Games you recently DROPPED

Posts 121 to 140 of 329

Plusle_and_Minun

@NintendoByNature

My sister played RE2R and RE3R and, according to her, the former is way scarier. Believe it or not, Nemesis doesn't stalk you like Mr. X does, and the majority of his scenes are scripted, although there are some really good scares with him. RE3R puts a lot more emphasis on action and chase sequences rather than quiet stalking and dark corridors like RE2R.

I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to horror but love Resident Evil anyway. XD I watched my sister play RE3R and I don't recall it being too terrifying, mostly just intense. So if I was obligated to play a really scary RE game, I wouldn't be turned off by RE3R's horror, but the incessant language instead. lol 8 wasn't too bad for my sister either, she actually handled it really well. Although as a head's up, the DLC terrified her. It's really... something else. lol

Plusle_and_Minun

Plusle_and_Minun

@NeonPizza

I mostly watched my sister play all the "old" RE games, although I have played a few myself. I'm a little selective nowadays with RE games, as the rating/content's gotten worse over the years. None of my family has played RE7, though, mostly because it sounds like the language and violence are through the roof lol, although I'm lightly familiar with the story and such. We did sort of try the RE7 VR demo back when, mostly just stood in the starting room with the headset on and that was creepy enough. XD My sister did get farther, but we still quit before Jack showed up.

I've seen RE8 twice now and I think it's a gem. lol Still has some weird RE7-ness in the lore/story, so I hope you don't mind it too much. But it definitely holds back on the horror movie references. I really thought the DLC added to the story, rather than feeling thrown in or anything. I don't know if the DLC is compatible with VR or not, but if it is... eek! XD I hope you enjoy the game when you get to play it! It'll definitely be an experience.

Plusle_and_Minun

NintendoByNature

@Plusle_and_Minun well that's certainly good to know. I see it's always on sale, so maybe on the next go round. For now, I'll be putting my horror games on the shelf for a month or so 😉

NintendoByNature

KevRin

Super Mario 3D World. Found it too repetitive, wanted to like it but idk I didn't ig. That's all.

Favourite series are Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Ace Combat and GTA.

My Nintendo: KevRin

NintendoByNature

I've decided it's time to drop Astronite. Was having a really good time with it until I wasn't. Some new areas are brutally tough with enemies, projectiles, and hazards.

Not to mention, I feel like it should've ended a while ago and it just keeps on going(in a bad way).

Time to move on and focus on chained echoes, which I'm loving btw.

NintendoByNature

Magician

Monark

I was initially excited because not very many NIS America-published games get English voiceovers these days, most tend to go with just English subtitles. But inside an hour, with what I believe is the second fight in the game, I already feel pigeonholed. I can't win.

What is the deal with some srpg games wanting to be oppressive in their difficulty?

Just...not fun. Straight into the trade pile you go.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I stopped playing FF XII TZA until I feel better.
Stupid Zodiark boss battle!!! 😤

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

As of today, I am officially dropping Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster. I just can't take the combat anymore. I'm in the Magitek Factory place, just past the Opera House scene, and there is literally a random encounter about every 15 steps I take. I cannot stand it anymore. I wanted to stick with this one for the story and music, but I can't deal with the random encounters.

I think I've fully realized now that JRPGs, at least older ones, are just not for me. The pacing is far too slow to be even remotely enjoyable for me. I can appreciate these games for what they are and I understand that lots of people really like them, but I just can't get into them. I'm gonna just focus on the games I'm playing now, and maybe pick up Hi-Fi Rush once I get through Engage or Dual Destinies.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

teejee7

dropped it ages ago, but xenoblade 2. i just couldn't get past the early game. plus the combat mechanics and VA work just really flushed my toilet. no hate, just ain't for me.

smell ya later loser :)

Takoda

@teejee7 Xenoblade 2 gets amazing later on in terms of gameplay for me, I found it more fun than xenoblade 3 even though that one gets a lot more praise… and I couldn’t agree more that the beginning is just one big slog. The combat gets great later, but nothing about what makes it interesting can be found in the beginning chapters because it takes so long to get going and is explained so unclearly. Then the story is just kind of run-of-the-mill anime at the start too… I powered through it eventually but it took me multiple tries. I loved the rest of the ride, I even consider it better than 3 story-wise, but 3 is just a lot more playable while 2 is an uphill battle to even try and get to a point where it’s more enjoyable. I don’t think anyone can hold it against you for dropping it, especially with the time investment the entire game takes.

But as a fan of the series, if you still want to give xenoblade a try, 1(Definitive Edition) and 3 are way better with their start and how they handle tutorials, so yeah, might be worth a look. If you already played them, you can ignore my little fan ad, haha.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Buizel

I've dropped Super Metroid.

A shame because I really liked Dread, and quite enjoyed Samus Returns.

While I appreciate it for what it did at the time, Super Metroid just felt like a chore to me. Everything just felt too cryptic and not as refined as Dread. By the time I had finished the Wrecked Ship, I realised I hadn't really enjoyed my last few play sessions so decided it wasn't worth seeing to the end.

I may give Fusion a go, but I think I need a bit of a Metroid break after this one.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Buizel Zero Mission/Fusion/Dread all improved on the formula following Super Metroid.

It's an alright game, and I mostly liked it, but I do think there's a heavy amount of nostalgia bias among longtime fans who talk it up as the best entry in the series. It's super influential, but also far more basic than what came after.

Definitely give Fusion a shot at some point. The SA-X sections of the game feel very much like a prototype of what would be more fully realized in Dread's EMMI encounters, and it's easily the least cryptic of the 2D entries.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Buizel pretty much what ralizah said. Super is ok, but it's inferior to all that came after it 2d wise. Even Samus returns which is kind of different than the others is still a greater experience than super. At least imo. I'd definitely give Fusion a shot. It was one of my favorites until I played zero mission which is just behind dread for me.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature I'd say Zero Mission is still tops for me, since it's the perfect length to be played over the course of a lazy afternoon, making it much more replayable to me, and I really dig that section near the end of the game that's super unique. Also, while it's sort of like Super Metroid insofar as there's very little direction given to the player, the level design is so expertly crafted that I rarely felt like I was stuck, or that my progression was being halted, which was not uncommon for me in Super Metroid. It's my favorite Metroid, and, really, one of my favorite video games overall. No game is perfect, but Zero Mission comes close for me.

Which is funny, because it's a remake of the first Metroid, but I found the original version of that game on the NES to be almost unplayable. Ditto with Metroid II on the Game Boy, actually. Super Metroid might be a low-tier Metroid for me, but it's a gigantic step up from the first two games.

With that said, Dread is an easy #2. I loved the intricate bosses, amazing visual design, and, again, the sort of intuitive level design that mostly kept me from feeling lost. And the climax of the game is super cool.

Edited on by Ralizah

tseliot

@TheBigBlue Engage was the last game I couldn't even get 5 hours into without quitting.

tseliot

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah fully agree with pretty much everything. Other than dread being my favorite of course. I think the visuals of dread and the bosses, coupled with the gameplay + free aim, put it in a different ballpark than the others. It's honestly one of the best looking switch games. And that sweet feeling when you get the hang of the EMMIs if just perfect.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@TheBigBlue I think it's safe to say you really didn't drop the game. You clearly put your dues in at 595hrs 😉

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature I'll say this much: MercurySteam has FULLY proven itself worthy of directing future entries in the Metroid franchise. They started with their admittedly solid work on Samus Returns as a foundation and created a masterful 2D action game. Hopefully Nintendo will continue kicking work their way.

@TheBigBlue Yeah, I'm not sure you can say you dropped a game you've pumped 600 hours into over multiple playthroughs.

Engage is a ton of fun. Once I was able to accept it what it was (namely, NOT a Three Houses successor), I was able to appreciate its gorgeous presentation, fun (if, yes, occasionally super cringe) character interactions, and slam-dunk gameplay.

That said, I stopped about a month ago after putting 70 or so hours into it. Really need to wrap that game up soon.

Yannis

Personally i don't usually drop games, even the bad ones i feel like i gotta see through for some reason xD The only game i can recall, even though idk if 20 hours can be called giving up on the game, was Anima Crossing. It was very satisfying to do all those activities and the neighbors interactions and stuff and i really liked the colorful enviroments and the dialogs were cute, but for me after i built my house, the museum and "town hall" ? it's been a while...anyway it got really repetitive and monotonous, like i couldn't bring myself to enjoy it anymore, BUT it was awesome while it lasted! And one could argue that with the new dlc i could return to it again, BUT silly goose me traded it with a dude for Monster Hunter Rise, which i haveant yet played ;-;

Yannis

Switch Friend Code: SW-1329-7751-0704 | Nintendo Network ID: Johnnie

Snatcher

I drop everything, only to forgot it was there and pick it up later! Yeah pretty much I don’t drop anything, I lose it!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic