Forums

Topic: Games you recently DROPPED

Posts 101 to 120 of 314

Nidorom

I loved Tem-Tem but I dropped it because the final boss was ridiculous and I couldn't win.
That and it was too MMO for my taste, I never had any money and grinding it would be an absolute timesink.
Speaking of timesinks, do I really want to spend hours on end breeding one perfect Tem (and then prolly get stomped online) when I could be clearing literally anything else on my bloated backlog.

Nidorom

Twitter:

Corrugated_Fox

I didn't put too much time into this game, but I recently dropped Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. I really wanted to love this game as I loved the art style and the idea of a modern-yet-retro Metroidvania-ish game sounded perfect to me. I just couldn't get passed how cheap everything seemed in the game. Enemies hit harder than I felt they should and there were so many incredibly cheap platforming sections. The platforming just felt a bit imprecise and more often than not there would be surprise enemies that would just drop out at you and make you start the section over. It certainly felt retro, which I'm sure the devs were going for, but it was a bit too retro for my liking.

Corrugated_Fox

upisdown

Wuppo. Couldn't get on with it.

Also Cuphead. Infuriating! Such a shame that it's made so difficult in order to progress - it makes a great game unplayable.

upisdown

MusicalFeline

Batman: Arkham Asylum. After hearing so many positive things about it, and then consequently buying both Asylum and City from my friend who was getting rid of a bunch of Xbox 360 games, I was really bummed out that I didn't like it. Apart from the solid voice work, I found it's scatterbrained story, frustratingly imprecise combat and stealth, and lackluster environments to be thoroughly, well, unenjoyable.

MusicalFeline

Ralizah

@NeonPizza Not TC, but other people have been bringing up non-Switch titles, so I doubt it's an issue. Most of us game on more than one platform, after all.

Returnal will be going to PC soon and support gyro on there. Just sayin'.

And yeah, I'm also firmly in the "Crash Bandicoot has always been mediocre" camp. Spyro the Dragon was always the better Playstation-associated mascot, IMO.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PrinsPaddestoel

I'm almost ready to drop Xenoblade Chronicles 2 unfortunately. I'm stuck at the Jin fight in chapter 9 and need to either grind for hours or seriousy brush up my combat skills, which will probably also take hours. I loved the game for the most part but I'm kind of done with it. I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3 lined up

Edited on by PrinsPaddestoel

PrinsPaddestoel

Magician

Trimming down the physical collection.

Five Nights at Freddy's - It isn't scary and I've had more fun playing walking simulators.
Touhou Genso Wanderer - I enjoy roguelikes, but I don't like this game's setting.
Princess Guide - A simple action game shouldn't have this many mechanics.
Yurukill - Boring puzzle sections coupled with boring shmup sections. Just...boring.
Mario Tennis Aces - Item degradation is the worst mechanic in video games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Okami1

Gear.Club: A poor man's Gran Turismo/Forza Motorsport.

dysgraphia awareness human

Enword

Removed - inappropriate language

Enword

Magician

Omori

Admittedly, I got lost after the big turnip instructional fight about half an hour in. I was back in the all-white room where the story began and couldn't comprehend where to go or what to do next. Either I missed something blatantly obvious or the game is overly cryptic. Regardless, I don't appreciate feeling as though I'm wasting my time.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Magician I've had that problem with similar games, like Oneshot especially. Made good progress for like an hour or so, then just got completely lost due to the game just putting me out in the open with no real direction. I still have yet to return to the game, but if I do, I'll most likely use a walkthrough just to get through that section.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

Think I'm gonna pack it in with Double Dragon, at least for a while. Got to one of the later stages with the pillars jutting from the wall and wanted to contemplate life it was that infuriating. Couple that with repetitive gameplay, damage sponge enemies and frustratingly 80's progression and this is probably one of my least favourite games I've played this year. Just play River City Ransom/Girls instead: I may have just saved your life.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

dmcc0

@Fizza Interesting, I'm actually the opposite - I love Double Dragon, although I admit that's mostly due to nostalgia and it hasn't aged well. Just couldn't get into River City Ransom/Girls though and abandoned both after a few stages.

dmcc0

Magician

Koumajou Remilia Scarlet Symphony

Holy sweet baby Jesus, I haven't been so...disgusted with a game so quickly. A bad platforming experience on the second screen of a game? Yup. Small windows from platform to platform. Ledge-clipping, enemies spawning directly above landing zones, and death pits all around.

This game is a cruel joke to the action/platforming genre.

Easily the worst first few minutes of gameplay I've experienced since A Hole New World.

Edited on by Magician

MsJubilee

Dropped Manhunt. I respect the game for what it's trying to do. But it feels horrible on the PS4, especially the camera. Fighting against the game and the camera is not fun at all.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

StarPoint

I, unfortunately, had to drop Jedi: Fallen Order. I think the game has some great ideas, and there were some really fun exploration moments. However, the game was just way too buggy to be enjoyable overall. I ran into several moments where BD-1 actions wouldn't trigger, which led to me restarting the game every time. Some of the backtracking was impacted by this issue as well since certain shortcuts couldn't be unlocked without BD-1, and if I can't use BD-1, I can't access the shortcuts.

I played about 10 hours of the game, and while what I played had some fun parts, I don't ever plan on coming back to it. Hopefully Jedi: Survivor is a much more polished package all around.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

ElRoberico

@StarPoint I'm sorry you didn't have a good time with it. Jedi: Fallen Order is one of my favorite Star Wars games. If you really liked the characters and story, I'd absolutely recommend watching the cutscenes.

I had to drop Celeste for a week or so because my thumbs were in pain, which was probably from a mixture of work and playing the game.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

Monster Crown

The L button is suppose to cycle miscellaneous things your monster can do.

Well after the first use it didn't cycle anymore, lol. Game's busted.

NintendoByNature

I gave up on RE2R but then picked it back up since I felt bad about dropping it lol. So I guess ill take this back over to the "games I'm currently playing" thread 🤣. Talk about looming dread the entire game. Haven't felt this type of fear and dread in a game since REmake on the cube. Then again, I was also 14/15 yrs old when I played it.

But I'm Also playing Astronite. Lovely little metroidvania romp that's black and white, but it totally works. Hopefully not giving this up.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@NeonPizza i could never. Honestly, I'd be too terrified to play. My buddy from work who isn't really a gamer, at least not avid, has an oculus quest. I keep trying to get him to play RE4 on it so I can also test it out.

I'm still undecided if I want to play RE3R if it's anything like RE2R. My biggest problem was Mr X and I feel like it'll be more of the same in 3. Probably won't go for 7 either since I'm too much a scaredy cat. 8 might be up my alley. And 4 is easy enough for me that I might give it a shot. Still up in the air for that.

The entire game has looked fantastic on my series s. It also helps we just got a new 4k TV for Xmas from the family. So it's Uber realistic and terrifying.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic