Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Posts 121 to 140 of 156

JaxonH

Well, I did it.

I completed the demo for all 3 houses. Took me 12 hrs for Blue Lions, 5 hrs for Black Eagles and 3 hrs for Golden Deer (got faster with each playthrough).

Impressions are extremely good. I'd never played the Golden Deer in the main game so the character glow ups were all new to me. For BL I love Annette, Sylvain and Ingrid. For Black Eagles I love Petra, Bernadetta and Dorothea. For GD I love Leonie, Lysithea, Hilda. Obviously I love them all, but those are the standouts of students that aren't house leaders.

Also awesome getting Rodrigue in BL and Shamir in GD. And Petra and Hilda are like mini-Shez 2.0. They can rock some serious bodies out on the battlefield.

I love having 3 distinct save files for the 3 houses, all on Chapter 4, ready to go in the main game. Basically gets past the prologue and all the tutorial stuff, and now it's prepped and ready to go full tilt on release day.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Game is reviewing well. Currently sitting at an 80 on MC, which is 2 points higher than either Hyrule Warriors and 6-11 points higher than the previous FE Warriors games, depending on platform.

I think it's the best Warriors crossover ever made, personally.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

scoobdoo

JaxonH wrote:

I think it's the best Warriors crossover ever made, personally.

Not only that, it might just be my GOTY!

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Pizzamorg

I gave up on Three Houses, just way too long and didn't care about all the slice of life stuff. This being a musou game has me intrigued as that might keep me engaged for longer. How is the performance, though? I have tried a few musou games on Switch and all have been horrendously choppy in docked mode (I am pretty sure one of the Hyrule Warriors demos literally ran in single frames at some point). I don't necessarily need 60 fps, but I do want a stable 30 fps. Games like Rise showed it could be mostly done on the Switch.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

NintendoByNature

I didn't see it mentioned in the review and I may have missed it, but should you go with the house you chose in three houses?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
It depends.

I'm doing all 3, but my first choice was Blue Lions. In Three Houses though, I did Black Eagles Church route, and I did over half the Blue Lions afterward.

I think a different house provides more of a different experience, but at the same time, choosing the same house can expand your love of those characters.

Up to you, really. I'd recommend Blue Lions and Black Eagles though. They're all good though

@scoobdoo
I'd say my GotY is a tie between Triangle Strategy and Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes. But once Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 drop, it's gonna be like a 3 way tie for GotY and 3 way tie for 2nd place.

Nephestinus

@JaxonH You made me realize just how stacked 2022 for me is.
We also get Digimon Survive which might turn out pretty good soon - Diofield Chronicles, maybe Ogre Tactics and FF Tactics. SJRPGs are plenty this year and I'm loving every second of it.
I think I'm going with Black Eagles first since I want to know more about Monica but I followed a few leaks which I'm not going to adress and Golden Deer is looking mighty interesting I have to say.

Nephestinus

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH gotcha, so it really shouldn't matter who you chose in the original, then. Noted.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Didn't have any time to fire this up yesterday. Looks like I'll get some time in tonight though.

NintendoByNature

MarkL1987

Chose Golden Deer for my playthrough

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

JaxonH

Learned that New Game + is the best way to play the other house routes, so my 3 separate save files are kind of for nothing. Oh well, at least I got to sample each of them.

I chose Blue Lions for my first playthrough. I will not be recruiting anyone from Golden Deer or Black Eagles. I want those characters to feel more special when I play their route in New Game +. But I am OK recruiting from the 4th house. So I already got Hapi, and the game had Seteth and Flayn join, so I'm good with that.

There's soooo much depth to this game, even after Chapter 4 it unlocks countless new shops and facilities and mechanics that weren't present in the demo. I've already unlocked a dozen support convos. It's so good.

I love this freaking game. I really do.

JaxonH

Oh my gosh. This is so cool.

Gatekeeper is an unlockable playable character in Three Hopes! You unlock him in Chapter 5 of your 3rd playthrough. And, for those who don't know, his VA is the same guy who voiced Alm in Shadows of Valentia.

MarkL1987

New Game Plus imo makes playing through the other two routes that weren't picked on a first playthrough significantly easier

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

Buizel

@Kairu I can't speak for other games in the series, but Awakening and Three Houses are generally quite accessible, even to people with no experience of tactical RPGs. For these games it might be worth watching some gameplay on youtube to see if it's something you could handle.

As for Three Hopes - why not try the demo? Although if you want to get into Fire Emblem proper Three Houses is the better way to go.

At least 2'8".

NintendoByNature

The game throws alot at you from the beginning. Seems a little harder to remember than previous warriors games, but maybe it'll just take some time.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

My updated Fire Emblem collection. Just got the Three Hopes Collector Edition import from Europe, and the little acrylic stands for characters.

Still waiting on the Byleth and Marth statues, and the 6 upcoming Pop-Up Parade figures for Three Houses characters.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

@Kairu
Fire Emblem Awakening single handedly made me a fan of turn based games and RPGs. So ya.

But Three Hopes builds on the mechanics of the mainline game, Three Houses, so it kind of has two games worth of mechanics- that of Three Houses, and that of Three Hopes layered on top, which is a lot for a totally new player.

I'd recommend Three Houses or Awakening as your entry point. Then enjoy Three Hopes after Three Houses.

NintendoByNature

Finally starting to click with me after being a little overwhelmed at first with the tutorials and how much they toss at you after every chapter. There's still some confusing parts for me, but they're minor in the grand scheme of things( stuff in the camp, not battle or story related). All and all, I'm loving it. Not nearly as much as age of calamity, but its close. About 7 or 8 hours in so far.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Does anyone know how to get quality building material and veteran training gear? I want to expand the training facility so I can change classes since I mastered almost all of them a while back. I've checked all the stores and have done all the side quest stuff. Its a little confusing.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

You've got the Facilities guy, then, @NintendoByNature ....? But how far through the story are you? Sounds like you probably need to progress that now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic