Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Posts 141 to 156 of 156

BruceCM

8-9 hours after completing the demo, @NintendoByNature ....? But how much of the story was it? I'm not sure there's any 100% way to get any particular materials
The best stuff is generally from side-quests & the 1st time you do a main 1, etc. So, if you have no side-quests left, there must be a main 1? That might well be where you get the stuff or at least the best chance of it
Maybe someone else remembers exactly what materials & can tell us more definitely where & when to get them or something

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

Has anyone gotten past chapter 6 part 1 yet? I'm a little confused and wondering if I'm doing something wrong. It's the part where you need to trap the death knight in the windmill village.

After trying for a couple hours and not succeeding I wanted to know what the best strategy is? I am well over leveled since it's showing the enemy level is 13 and I'm in the high teens to mid 20s for my party. I even defeated the death knight in the windmill village and he just came back to life.

Any help would be appreciated.

NintendoByNature

mr_somewhere

@NintendoByNature You'll get instructions to lead him to the trap. After that make sure you instruct your units to ignore him and fight elsewhere. The best way for me was to personally engage with him. He will simply mindlessly follow you to the trap, once he's inside I think some dialogue or instructions play and all you have to do is leave that fort (and make sure no other player units are inside!) and a short little cutscene will play.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

MarkL1987

Made a good amount of progress yesterday and made it to chapter 6

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

NintendoByNature

@mr_somewhere perfect thank you. I must've missed that when I playing last night. I'll restart the mission later and hear what's being said.

NintendoByNature

TimE_Zer0

Hi
This game is giving a lot of fun but I have some questions:

1.- Is possible to play with characters from different houses in the same army/team? If i choose a house, the others characters are unlocked/recruit later in the story? Ort the house selection, and the allies you get, are bloqued per savefile?

2.- If I missed the chance of recruting some characters and now are dead. There is a second chance?, something like a "new game +"? Or I have to restart the whole story from the beginning to get them?

3.- How many chapters the game have?

TimE_Zer0

Cynas

@TimE_Zer0 I'm currently on chapter 11 in the Scarlet Flower route so I don't know the answer to all your questions, but I can tell you it's possible to recruit characters from different houses. You can't recruit every character from all the houses in a single route though. On the final battle of each chapter there seems to always be some optional recruitable characters, typically students from other houses or other NPCs from Three Houses. Some characters you battle can't be recruited, like for example in the Scarlet Flower (Edelgarde) route it seems impossible to recruit Ingrid but it's possible to recruit characters like Ashe, Mercedes, Ignatz, Lorenz, Raphael, and Lysithea. I've heard there is a New Game+, I'm not sure how that functions though.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

TimE_Zer0

@Cynas
Thanks for the reply. When you say "You can't recruit every character from all the houses in a single route though". You mean there are points in the story that you have to choose between some characters and so you can only recruit one by route?

Because I start to think this game doesn't have a classic "free mode" like most "Warriors/Musou" where you can use freely all the characters regardles of the faction/army.
Also I think I'm gonna restart the story from 0 so I can recruit the characters that I miss and I will have to be more focus about that so don't happen again.

I checked about the feature new game + and is basically is what the name says. Your stuff is carry to the next game and you unlock some characters.

TimE_Zer0

NintendoByNature

Closing in on the final two chapters here. I should be done by the weekend I'm guessing. Might even play a couple a smaller titles just to gear up for XC3.

NintendoByNature

MikeWy

@Eagly You probably know this already, but incase not there is a demo, not sure how long the demo runs for but I am three hours in and enjoying the story myself.

I have not played the other fire emblem games but this is looking like it will make it into my top three for stories alongside Dreamfall and Shenmue (which they never finished).

I'm not really a hack and slash fan so will be buying this purely for its story.

Perhaps there is more strategy later on but I'm not seeing it yet so it is only the story telling that is drawing me to this game right now.

Edited on by MikeWy

MikeWy

Pizzamorg

Been playing the demo again as I am on a Fire Emblem kick with the looming Engage. Maybe it is because I am playing through Three Houses alongside this and my existing knowledge is filling in the blanks, but this feels like a much more streamlined, coherently told, version of the story with generally better presentation during narrative moments. This feels like a cool episodic anime, whereas Three Houses almost feels like a visual novel at times. I also feel like the relationship systems are better used here and I like the light loot game with weapon drops after missions. I also think the dialogue choices are better used and Shez is pure blue hair mommy protag uwu.

But I just don’t like the game play. I really wish I did. If this had the same gameplay as Three Houses, I think this would just be a better version of that game. I am generally a fan of Musou games, but this doesn’t run all that well and I dunno, as I am mindlessly spamming buttons and the entire thug is chugging, just feels bad. The Fire Emblem elements do help it to stand out, but I find the constant character swapping, constant opening and closing of radial menus and dipping in and out of that tactics menu kinda makes everything just feel like a big mess.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

No spoilers but gameplay wise dose shez’s gender matter. And which should I choose if it does?

Always choose waifu.

Pizzamorg

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Pizzamorg okay waifu sheeze it is but still one thing I found fun about byleth from the OG game is when you swap thier gender you still get to keep exclusive skills. So you could have a pegasus knight with male only skills and vice versa. But Waifu sheeze is better

I had no idea, I never pick the boy. Waifu or nothing in this house.

Nidorom

Can I play this game after doing only one route in three houses? (without spoilers)
I'm closing in on the end of the blue lions route and would like to play this after before going on to the next route. Can you do that? or should I play all 4 and then play this?

Thing is I really like TRPG's but warriors games a lot less (in gameplay anyway) maybe the story is good and could get me to play all 4, but i'd rather just play 3 hopes once if I won't be missing much.

Hope that makes sense xD

Edited on by Nidorom

Nidorom

Twitter:

rallydefault

@Nidorom
Yes, you absolutely can, but with the caveat that the Three Houses dlc characters are in this. I never bought the Three Houses dlc, but I had played the Edelgard and yellow routes and it didn't bother me too much.

The storyline in this one is pretty much in the same vein as the BotW warriors game: alternate timeline kind of thing. I think even people who haven't actually played Three Houses can still get enjoyment out of the story, honestly, but it's always fun to know the characters.

rallydefault

Nidorom

@rallydefault Thanks so much for your response ^^
I'm not too bothered about seeing the DLC characters in here first, more concerned that playing the blue route in 3 hopes might spoil the red/yellow and DLC routes of houses in terms of story, but if it's an AU sort of deal, it sounds like I should be fine

Nidorom

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic