Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 281 to 300 of 775

Beedrill4Smash

@Meowpheel Ah well thats a shame as I can't go back to the game since my WiiU gamepad keeled over.

Beedrill4Smash

Kimyonaakuma

@Beedrill4Smash Could you not use a Pro controller? I think wii remote and nunchuck is an option too but I'd rather not use that...

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma You can use a Pro controller but playing Hyrule Warriors without the Gamepad is like playing both Splatoon games without gyro controls, it makes the game harder.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano Does it? I usually play with the pro controller and I've not found much of a difference. Most of the same information appears on the screen at some point anyway and if I forget you can just check the pause menu...

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma Well it's about planning, like you can notice that an ally is in trouble before the TV screen shows that they're in trouble.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano That's a good point, I'm just used to the game telling me when it's too late

RIP to the many Goron captains that have had to retreat because I was too busy with other things...

Kimyonaakuma

LzWinky

Snaplocket wrote:

@roy130390 Eh, I'm just not a huge fan of the Warriors franchise. I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes but if I had to choose 2 of the 3 games releasing in October being this, Etrian Odyssey V, and Mario Odyssey well, the choice isn't hard.

Indeed, buy Mario Odyssey twice because it will be that good

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JaxonH

DLC confirmed.

Fates DLC later this year, Shadow Dragon DLC in early winter 2018, and Awakening DLC in spring 2018.

I'm guessing this is how we get missing characters like Azura, or Vaike.

¥3000 for all 3 or ¥1400/ea

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

yokokazuo

Pretty disappointed with the first DLC...
We get more Fate/Awakening (and a finally a decent cast for SD )
Yet there won’t be other series represented still? (Aside from Lyn and Celica)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I had a feeling that would be the case given the DLC for the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors. Twili Midna is a Twilight Princess character and while some of Young Link's moveset is based on Majora's Mask, he's technically an Ocarina of Time character hence outside of Tingle you've only got more characters from the games the base Hyrule Warriors focused on (OoT, TP, SS). The roster game source didn't really expand until Legends and the 2nd season pass.

Grumblevolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano I was worried that it would follow the same pattern as HW. The small appearances from Lyn and Celica had me hopeful...

I'm not sure how they would do a legends version of FE Warriors though, it's already coming to Switch and 3DS.

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

The past games just aren't popular enough.

It is what it is. Focusing on the last 3 games is good enough for me (Heroes of Light and Shadow kind of falls into the same fold as Shadow Dragon).

After all, there are a good many characters I love from the DS/3DS entries (hoping for Sumia! Pleeease!).

I like the older entries too but, it's whatever. Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem. I'm just happy to see more Shadow Dragon characters, and Lyn and Celica. The original FE has representation via Shadow Dragon characters, and Gaiden has representation via Celica. Mystery of the Emblem has representation via Shadow Dragon characters, Blazing Sword via Lyn, and everything from FE11-14 is represented. The only games missing really, are Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 from SNES, Binding Blade and Sacred Stones from GBA, and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for GC/Wii. Not bad, out of 14 games only 6 lack representation. I think that's good, anyways.

The only older characters I really would have cared to see would have been Eliwood, Hector, Roy, Ike, Erika/Ephraim and Micaiah... I like the SNES games (the chapters I've played anyways) but not too attached to any character, tbh. But... ok so that's actually still a fair few. But I have a feeling Ike is in the game. There is a character or two yet to be revealed and I have a feeling with his popularity, and the fact Lyn and Celica are in, that Ike will be in as well.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma I think if the Wii U had a bigger install base, the Hyrule Warriors Legends exclusive content like the extra Adventure maps as well as Linkle and Wind Waker content would've come to the Wii U version. So I think if a FE Warriors Legends was to exist, it would be a re-release of FE Warriors with all the DLC and some extra content which if you already own the game you can buy as an expansion.

Grumblevolcano

MarcelRguez

Dropped the ball with the first DLC, if you ask me. Need more Tellius and Elibe reps. I don't think I'll be getting the game until all the DLC is done (and depending on what includes, on sale), but I'm still slightly interested.

As an observation: man, the SNES FE fans get the short end of the stick every time, huh? What was the last time those games were even acknowledged? Awakening's DLC, I guess? Brawl's stickers before that?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

while some of Young Link's moveset is based on Majora's Mask, he's technically an Ocarina of Time character

Some? It's mostly Majora's Mask, especially since his specials involve FD Link. Also, YL tends to be in FD form more often than not

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

@MarcelRguez SNES overall would be FE Warriors (Mystery of the Emblem is a SNES game), regarding FE4 and FE5 specifically it would be FE Heroes (characters like Reinhardt are in).

Grumblevolcano

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH It's not that past characters aren't as popular (look at the CYL poll); it's that IS deems them less exploitable (with the sole exception of Lyn).

They've undone every bit of goodwill including Lyn and Celica got them. The omnipresent belief was that other games would get representation through DLC. But they've killed that.
I feel like this may be a rude awakening for IS.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Grumblevolcano

@CrazedCavalier Earlier in this thread there was something about Nintendo requesting some characters for FE Warriors, I think those requests were Lyn and Celica.

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.