Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,768

canucksfan989

@Anti-Matter Oh so i have to sell the items first does that mean stuff like Wolf Pelts and the Stones i collect i should automatically sell or is there a reason to keep them?

canucksfan989

Anti-Matter

@CrazyZelda79
Well, you can train other character if you don't like Blitzball since the reason you play Blitzball mini game from Save point is to get the Reels for Wakka.

I don't like Blitzball at all also, so i build my main team = Yuna, Tidus, Auron and my secondary team = Kihmari, Lulu, Rikku.
I put Wakka as Substitute if necessary but i will not upgrade his Reel attacks since it requires to play Blitzball to get the Reels from the winning prizes, whether you like or not. His Reel attacks (Attack Reel) can do 12 hits of cannon ball attacks if you get 2 Hits from All 3 slots of Attack Reel.

If you don't like Blitzball but still want to train Wakka, at least get his Jupiter Sigil , bring it to Macalania forest and Ixion can does Break Damage Limit.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@canucksfan989
Yup.
Once you sell the specific loots with specific quantity, the new offers from Bazaar will suddenly pop out.

Anti-Matter

canucksfan989

@Anti-Matter Ah that make sense , so does that i mean i don't need to hoard the items i pick up i should sell everything right away?

canucksfan989

Anti-Matter

@CrazyZelda79
Actually, you don't have to find Ultimate weapons. 😏
You just need a Blank weapons with 4 empty slots, then you can customize them with some items to give them awesome abilities like Break Damage Limit, Break HP limit, One MP Cost, etc.
But, to get those items are really really challenging and need a lot of patience since it requires a lot of amount of certain items, such as Dark Matter, Three Stars, Twin Stats, etc.
Good luck. 🤓

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@canucksfan989
Make sure you sell the specific amount of those loot items and the new offers will be pop out.
If there is no new offers from Bazaar anymore, you can sell all the remainings.

Anti-Matter

Late

I was watching the video that @JaxonH posted here yesterday and I was a bit confused after I heard the video creator say Tidus' name. It sounded so weird. I'm not sure if it was the official pronunciation or not but it got me thinking. I guess they gave me an option to name him and I kept the default name since that's what I'm used to but I had completely forgotten about that. Yet, it never occurred to me that no one ever mentions him by name in-game. Usually it is made so obvious, like in Shin Megami Tensei, where the voice acting differs from the text whenever the player character's name is mentioned. The dialogue has been really good in general and now I appreciate it even more. This is probably something that isn't anything new for most people but as I've said before, I haven't really played FF games much and never touched anything that's newer than X.

Also, thanks @JaxonH for sharing the video. I've watched some Desing Doc's videos before but not this one. Really helped me understand what people meant by calling FFXIII linear.

As for my progress in FFX, I just fought the element changing boss and got the Jecht memory thingamajig. There have been some enemies lately that have a bit more health than I'd like. Can't finish them in one or two turns. Or I guess I could if I used some of my skills and items more often but I'm a hoarder type. I rarely use items and I don't buy them either. You get so many from chests and random NPCs. I think I've only bought two weapons so far and nothing else. The items seem like a waste of money. I'm waiting for something better.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JaxonH

@Late
Items are needed for curing status effects. Best to keep 99 of everything. Or keep some remedies stolen off enemies but you'll want to use those to custom craft the Auto Med skill on weapons later.

Also need potions and stuff for Riku to use during segments where you're separated or cant heal with spells. Steal as many Al Bhed potions as you can. With the Alchemy skill on one of her gear pieces, they'll cure double amount (2,000 healing for all 3 members, plus curing all status effects)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Playing FFXII now & loving it.... Any tips, since it's my 1st time with that 1?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FullbringIchigo

@BruceCM when you can make Ashe or Penello (probably Ashe) your white mage as they have the highest amount of MP

be careful when giving someone an Esper as it is permanent and can't be changed after

remember to buy the important magics first, such as Cure

make sure someone on your team has Self -> Libra equipped so you can see traps on the field maps

and this might be a bit of a cheat and i'm assuming that the Switch version also has a trial mode like the PS4 version does well once you have unlocked the licence boards, save your game at a save point, quit back to the main menu and go to Trial Mode, if you do the trial mode and once you got as far as you can go to load game and load the auto save and this will take you back to your game save BUT you will have all the Licence points you earned in the trial mode (i used this to max out all my licence grids early)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@King-X yeah i forgot about the Zodiac Spear BUT the weapon isn't really worth all the hassle anyway so i would say don't bother about it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

canucksfan989

Okay another random question about Zodiac Age this time about it's Main Menu Theme. Am i crazy in thinking it's a similar or exact copy from one of the Monster Hunter World themes. Or am i just misremembering it from a previous FF game?

canucksfan989

canucksfan989

Weird , i know i haven't played main FF games but it sounds oddly similar to Monster Hunter. I must have heard it during the FF quests/events in Monster Hunter World

Edited on by canucksfan989

canucksfan989

JaxonH

@RR529
I see no one answered your questions so...

Both the Asian and Japanese versions have both games on cart and both English and Japanese language options (no mix and match though- EN/EN or JP/JP like all other console releases before it).

And I HIGHLY recommend Final Fantasy X. It’s the JRPG that got me into JRPGs. It’s arguably my favorite game of all time, and I enjoyed it every bit as much this time as I did 5 years ago on the Vita. It’s so worth it.

Fire Emblem Awakening > Final Fantasy X > Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Those were my first three core RPG-like games. The Fire Emblem opened my eyes to the fact turn based games could be amazing, which led to giving Final Fantasy X another shot and loving it (change of perspective after playing FE made all the difference), and that led to a 600-hour Monster Hunter binge. And to this day, those are my three favorite series of all time. And all 3 will have their best entries to date on Switch (I have faith in Three Houses) in just 60 short days.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Tips before playing FF XII the Zodiac Age:

1. Since this version is completely different than original FF XII on PS2, before you choose Zodiac licence board, make sure you choose the right job for beginning part. Once you choose the licence board, it will be permanent and can't be cancelled. Suggestion, give Vaan with Pisces licence board (Shikari) so he can learn Steal ability and give Penello Aries licence board (White Mage) to be healer in your party.

2. Guys have more HP than girls that have more MP. Assign the guys as Physical fighter while the girls as magician.

3. Anybody can summon Espers, but it can be assigned on one character only. Once the Esper given to certain character, the other character cannot summon that Esper. It will be PERMANENT Esper for certain character you given.

4. Since you can control your Esper for this version, make sure you use them wisely because every Espers have time limit to be summoned. Before the time ended, use their signature Overdrives (Hell Fire / Frost Wave / Tsunami / etc)

5. NEVER have a battle alone without adequate healing items or proper healing magics. Some places on FF XII are really really TOUGH, even you have 4 peoples in your party (3 Playable characters + 1 Guest)

6. Learn to link the Gambit commands with your Skills / Magics / specific items. Choose the command carefully because it will determine your party actions when they are Not being controlled by you. For example, if you link Gambit command "Ally = HP < 50%" with Curaga, the character with that Setup will Automatically cast Curaga on your ally who has their HP below than 50%. Or if you set "Foe = nearby" with Attack, everytime your character facing any foes, they will automatically draw their weapons and start to attack the foes.

7. Escaping in FF XII is completely different than older FF games. Escaping in FF XII = Not engaging in battle and the foes can still attacking you even you do nothing. Just run away from the foes (press and hold the shoulder buttons until the ESCAPING letter appears on monitor) while you escape from enemies. Some foes cannot catch you after certain distance but there some foes (like Wraith / Reaper) will keep catching you no matter how far you run away except if you have entered the other zone.

8. You have to beat the Espers before you obtain them. Only 5 Espers you can get from storyline, the others you have to find by yourself. There are 13 Espers on FF XII,
they are represent their Zodiac signs (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc until Ophiuchus). Don't rely on them too much since the Espers on FF XII are pretty weak than Aeons on FF X. They can deal Break Damage Limit, but not as strong as Aeons on FF X (99,999). They are Unupgradable with skills, they have their own Gambit setup and their skills if you don't control them. To summon them, you need some Mist points. Espers have their rank, it determines how many block of Mist points to summon them. Weak Espers just only one bar cost, Moderate Espers cost two bars, Strong Espers cost All of Mist bar. To recharge Mist bar, you need to engage in battle and do some damages.

Good luck. 🤓

Anti-Matter

RR529

@Anti-Matter, @JaxonH, @CrazyZelda79, thanks for your replies!

Looks like I'll be going for the Japanese version then (just because I already have an account set up on Amazon Japan, and I don't mind the Japanese on the box. On the contrary, I'd likely find it to be cool). BTW, I have nothing against digital games, but if I can save a bit of memory this way, why not?

It'll have to wait until I'm done with Onimusha though... and that's gonna be awhile since I made the mistake of ordering it the weekend before Golden Week (plus the new Emperor ascension), so it probably won't even ship until next week. At least I have Boxboy+Boxgirl to keep me busy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

Thanks, @Anti-Matter, @FullbringIchigo & @King-X .... Made Vaan a Shikari & Penelo a white mage straight away! There is a 'trial mode', so I'll try that out as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter @BruceCM Orange Save Crystals will also refill your Mist Gauge upon use

oh and don't waste your Teleport Stones, save them for when you really need them

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic