Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,768

Purgatorium

I must have played Yuna wrong because I found her mostly useless until she finished her sphere grid and I moved her to Lulu's. As a white mage other characters had better buffs on their grids and I had to force her into fights to level her.

But my style of playing these games is to not grind and not optimize so... lol

Purgatorium

urrutiap

2 years ago when i was playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for my Playstation 3 is amazing that Wakka with his blitzball does major damage than Tidus with his sword along with the girl thief that instant kills machines when she steals/mugs them.

crazy game mechanics

urrutiap

urrutiap

yes I am aware of that. Its just been awhile since i last played Final Fantasy X

urrutiap

urrutiap

well when i was playing Final Fantasy X like two years ago or whatever, Wakka was more stronger than Tidus in my game. Even Rikkue with her Steal/Mug against machines which was an instant KO against them.

Game mechanics like that its pretty messed up where Wakka uses a ball ends up stronger than Tidus whos using a sword for no reason.

Wasnt Tidus supposed to be the main male hero character? hes supposed to be the strong agile one, but nope. Wakka is the one thats the strongest one

urrutiap

komodo182

I actually wish X had a new game plus option.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

NintendoByNature

@urrutiap I'm noticing Auron is the strongest so far for me. I think he does about 250-300hp damage on one hit. I'm still fairly early on in the game and just got him. And Lulu for magic damage is usually 300-350 depending on the element you use.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Hopefully, you paid attention when the game explained which enemies each person is best against, too, @NintendoByNature .... ? Most of the time, elemental weaknesses are pretty straightforwards, for those that have them, which helps a lot

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I did. Flyers/wakka, elemental enemies/lulu, hard exterior/Auron. Not sure about tidus, Yuna and the beast man.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Yuna = Summoner. Some battle need to summon Aeons to take damages from enemies especially Boss.

Tidus = Good for Flee and together with Rikku and Wakka, they are the only three members that can swim underwater. There are some Underwater battle requires Tidus, Rikku and Wakka.

Rikku = Steal / Mug, Dismantle all Mecha enemies.

Kimahri = Use Blue Magic (Ronso's Rage) as his Overdrive. He can learn Enemy's Skill by using Lancet on enemies (drain HP and MP from enemy). Nova is the only deadly Blue Magic from Kimahri.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter for sure thank you. I did know about kimahri stealing moves and HP/MP. I need to start using him more again.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yuna's good for healing when you need it or for summoning espers .... Tidus effectively ends up dealing with whatever other enemies aren't covered by the rest, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699

urrutiap

i disagree. Tidus ends up as the weak one where Wakka is the strongest when attacking anything. Has nothing to do with flying enemies or whatever.

A damn sword should be more lethal than a frikkin water polo soccer ball

urrutiap

Anti-Matter

@urrutiap
Yuna's Staff or Lulu's Doll are supposed to be less lethal than the swords but if their parameter stats all 255, they can deal 99,999 damage. 😂

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

urrutiap wrote:

A damn sword should be more lethal than a frikkin water polo soccer ball

Quite a few of these look pretty lethal to me:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Purgatorium

An ordinary ball can be deadly with enough force behind it. Wakka's just that good.

Purgatorium

NintendoByNature

I just love wakkas personality. Whether he's deadly or not doesn't really bother me. His dialogue alone is worth having him in the game lol

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Lols, who could forget that, @komodo182 .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic