Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,730

Wargoose

@komodo182 I enjoyed X-2 but everything after that has felt like Square Enix desperately trying to find a battle system that works. FFVII Remake is great though, so hopefully they just use that as a base for the next mainline entry.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
FF X/X-2 was the only Final Fantasy with Okinawan theme and Eastern cultures inside the game.
The Yevon teaching, the sending ritual, the Fayth hymn, the outfits design that very Harajuku (Japanese wild style fashion).
The Arabic theme was from Al Bhed that from Arabic style name of Alphabet and the letters changes that made the English language became an Alien language.
I think FF X/X-2 was exothic, different than typical European medieval theme final Fantasy.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Solaine

@komodo182 same here actually, VI to X have all been pretty good at least but everything after is a mixed experience to me, of course it is not hironubu sakaguchi anymore who produces the game. Maybe that is why i cannot get into it these days

"Without love, it cannot be seen" ~Umineko no naku koro ni

Solaine

@Don i don't know about all of them but i thought you load from your save most time so you keep your experience point to that save before you die. That is the case with most Final fantasy games, although i am not entirely sure if it is all of them. I guess you mean the remake with that exp rule and i am actually pretty sure they use it for the first time there

Edited on by Solaine

Don

@Solaine
FF 6 also load from last save point after game over but you keep any experience points you gain from any battles from last save to game over. I am wondering if that applies to other FF games too. I think FF4 you don’t keep your experience after last save if killed in battle. I know the Switch version of FF7-FF9 has no damage cheats. I would be really tempted to turn it on if I gained a lot of experience after saving and in a situation where I am about to get a game over if I can’t keep the experience points after saving like in FF6.

Edited on by Don

Don

komodo182

I wish X had a new game plus option.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Solaine

@Don I see! Guess i never realized in my playthrough or simply forgot, sounds really helpfull if you are stuck and just want to get past that certain boss

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

@Dezzy I understand that it's one of the most beloved FF entries, which makes it even more confusing why they omitted it from the physical Switch version with VII and VIII that released in Asia.

It's one of the most beloved among the hardcore fans, but FF9 never really did as well in terms of mainstream support. I think it's the lowest selling numbered game since FF7 brought the series into the mainstream.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Hype check.

Final Fantasy IX is getting a Switch physical release early next year.

Are you in or did you already purchase a digital copy?

Switch Physical Collection - 670 games (as of November 25th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

komodo182

@Magician I did buy it digitally, but we will see what the physical looks like and what it comes with. Who knows, might buy the physical.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

TheFrenchiestFry

Perfect. I had intentions of picking up the VII/VIII Switch twin pack in addition to already owning FFX/X-2 HD and FFXII on Switch so this is great news

Seriously wish these physical versions could come to PS4 though. Literally makes no sense why only VIII Remastered is getting a physical PS4 release considering the games in question originated on PlayStation

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Don

I wonder if FF13 will eventually get a remaster as well. Never played it and will buy it on a current gen console to play.

Edited on by Don

Don

TheFrenchiestFry

@Don I feel like Square actively wants to avoid doing anything with XIII given how polarized in reception it was even compared to FFVIII. At least that game slowly grew a cult following and the game itself isn't even that bad.

all 3 XIII games are on PC but I think that'll be it. The closest we've gotten to Square acknowledging XIII's existence in recent years is when they put Lightning in the new Dissidia game on PS4.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Don

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@Don I feel like Square actively wants to avoid doing anything with XIII given how polarized in reception it was even compared to FFVIII. At least that game slowly grew a cult following and the game itself isn't even that bad.

all 3 XIII games are on PC but I think that'll be it. The closest we've gotten to Square acknowledging XIII's existence in recent years is when they put Lightning in the new Dissidia game on PS4.

Hmm, I guess I will just play the game and follow ups on PS3 then. I had hope that it might be remastered since FF8 had similar reception FF13 had and that got a new release.

Don

Slowdive

After the official Final Fantasy VII & VIII Twin Pack release here in Europe, will I get an Asian import copy of Final Fantasy IX, or should I wait for a localized one? A dilemma.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Slowdive The Asian versions of the Twin Pack and FFIX have English text options to begin with so it really doesn't matter which version you get.

TheFrenchiestFry

Slowdive

@TheFrenchiestFry You're right. Thing is, import games cost around $20 more here. I'll probably bite if a Western version isn't announced after a while.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

NintendoByNature

Hoping FF XII comes back and is dirt cheap for black Friday. Haven't seen square enix be apart of the sale yet but hoping they dive in.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

3 more days to go FF IX Switch physical release Asia version.
Untitled
Can't wait to play FF IX again after 15 years ago i played it on PS1. 😃

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Hoping FF XII comes back and is dirt cheap for black Friday. Haven't seen square enix be apart of the sale yet but hoping they dive in.

Same here. I know it's a long haul, but a lot of impressions I've read agree that it's one of the better Final Fantasy titles. I have a feeling it'll be difficult to find in physical form for a decent price before too long; it's been out for awhile now.

Because I totally need more JRPGs....

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic