Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,730

komodo182

@Anti-Matter Thanks. I don't know why I can't remember that. I always want to use < and > instead.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

That doesn't help it killing your party before anyone gets a turn, though .... Which can be avoided if you know about it in advance but if you're playing without a guide is purely luck of the draw

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

komodo182

@BruceCM I didn't know it my first playthrough. I bought a guide on my 5th or 6th playthrough to see what I was missing haha.

BruceCM

Yeah, I was lucky with my party 1st time & only had one person affected .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

RR529

The card game in IX is absolute bulls***. No matter how many times I try it I can't get past the second round because at some point the game decides that my opponent can combo all my cards into oblivion, and no matter what I do it only lets me take one at a time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

@komodo182, after actually reading up on what all the stats mean online I got through the card tournament without much trouble, but I feel it was pretty badly explained in the game itself.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

komodo182

@RR529 it is poorly explained imo.

NintendoByNature

Crystal chronicles still coming next month I assume. Its digital only right? Does anyone know what the price tag is? Hoping its not too much for a digital only release

NintendoByNature

Quarth

Got 2 FF Switch releases this week:

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
Physical release imported from Asia. What a cute little game. Having played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and getting used to the way these games works, it feels easy to get into this.

Final Fantasy IX
This is the only (?) FF game on Switch that hasn't received a physical release, so I thought I could spend some saved Gold Points now that it's discounted on the eshop. So it basically cost me nothing. I've only played for an hour, but I have a feeling that this will be an excellent adventure.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Don

Question for FF veterans: When you get a game over, do you get to keep your experience points in all FF games like in FF 6 or in some FF games you only keep experience points after saving the game?

Don

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

I have a feeling that this will be an excellent adventure.

Lol, yes indeed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Quarth

@komodo182 I can sure see why! The characters and the setting got hold of my attention immediately.

@Dezzy I understand that it's one of the most beloved FF entries, which makes it even more confusing why they omitted it from the physical Switch version with VII and VIII that released in Asia.

Edited on by Quarth

komodo182

@Quarth I am sure you will love it.

Solaine

@Quarth my favorite Final Fantasy, i absolutely love the adventure, characters and everything! Except for sometimes slow gameplay and the ridiculous card game but i heard the former was fixed and the latter is not really mandatory for anything substantial

"Without love, it cannot be seen" ~Umineko no naku koro ni

Quarth

@komodo182 Yeah, I think I will. Thanks to the Switch, I've got the chance to catch up with some of the classic FF games I've missed:

FFVII - beat it, great game, holds up well, 9/10
FFVIII - halfway through I guess, but got stuck on a boss, need to return, it's an enjoyable game
FFIX - just got it, think it will be fun
FFX - beat it, great game, also a 9/10
FFX-2 - only started it up, will return to it eventually
FFXII - beat it, good game, 8/10
World of FF Maxima - about 10 hours in, fun and a little bit silly
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! - cute and charming, also recently bought it, so haven't played that much yet

Have I missed anything? Guess there's that chibi-version of FFXV, what's it called, Pocket something? But I'm not too interested in that and it's digital only, right?

Edited on by Quarth

Quarth

@Solaine Yeah, the battles seems a bit slow, but if it's the same as in VII, VIII and X you can speed it up.

komodo182

@Quarth I really enjoyed X as well, but couldn't get into X-2. Or frankly anything after that.

Quarth

@komodo182 I think XII was good. The characters weren't as interesting as in X and the story was somewhat all over the place, but I liked the environments and the battle system.

My favorite FF is still VI.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic