Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,768

BruceCM

Since you'd want some guidance either way, @NintendoByNature.... Go for the expert sphere grid option From the position of knowing nothing about it, there's no point going for the 'easier' option

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Not really, since there's several experts here, @NintendoByNature.... It's more flexible & your characters start off closer to each other, so you can get them into each other's grids quicker

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

It's certainly not as complicated as the junctioning system in FFVIII.... That's infamously difficult!

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I never played 8 yet! Hopefully I won't struggle. I purposely skipped 8 and went to 9 because I heard how difficult 8 can be.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
FF VIII wasn't really hard when you know how to junction the right Magics onto your characters.
Make sure you stock 100 Magics for best Junction result.
FF VIII remaster allow you to trigger Limit Break anytime by activate in game cheat code so you can unleash Renzokuken or Blue Magic anytime without casting magic Aura.
Bring Quistis in your team and make sure she have learnt Blue Magic Degenerator (give her Black Hole key item to learn Degenerator) since Degenerator is effective for almost every enemies even Ruby Dragon and Behemoth (not working for Bosses and some enemies).

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter are you talking about using the cheat in VIII? I'm about to play X. I dont think X would have the cheats as well?

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
FF X/X-2 HD Remaster don't have any cheat codes in game.
Only FF VIII and FF IX Remaster have cheat codes in game (you can activate or deactivate easily anytime) so i have my FF IX team already reached level 50 by killing Grand Dragons at Popos Heights (equal disc 1 in PS1 version) by activate 9999 damage +Speed x 3 + Auto Battle while i still have Garnet and Steiner at South Gate with level 8 and 11. 😆

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter yea I recall 7 and 9 having it. Admittedly, I DID have to activate it on the last boss of each game. I was slightly under leveled

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

I just mean that explaining the junctioning system to someone completely new to that game is rather complicated ... Once you do understand that, it's quite easy to break the game, without using any 'cheats' Anyway, keep us posted on your current one!

SW-4357-9287-0699

urrutiap

Final Fantasy 8's junction system isnt that frikkin hard to understand. Its easy from the start.

Final Fantasy VII though, putting certain materia on your weapons and armor to add effects etc is still a little complicated even to me who used to have the game for my original Playstation decades ago.

And Triple Triad is a little easier to pay than Tetra Master

urrutiap

NintendoByNature

So I played about an hour and a half of X last night. The one thing I love about the FF series that im learning with each new game is how vastly different each one is. The characters the settings all of it. But im super happy the jingle is the same after each battle that 7 and 9 had.

@BruceCM As for the sphere grid, I didn't expect to be asked before the game started so as soon as I fired it up I read a couple of articles about standard vs expert and all said if you're new do the standard so I did 😆. Even so that tutorial was pretty extensive. It wasn't TOO confusing. Hopefully I get the hang of it soon. One question I do have is, do you not level up with XP? Only ability points you use towards the grid? I.e. do you only level up with the grid and not automatically?

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yeah, it's the grid, @NintendoByNature.... Then, there's weapons & so on! So, how far have you got?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Oh, not bad going, @NintendoByNature.... How do you like the characters so far?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Heh, FF characters tend to be a bit that way, @NintendoByNature.... I'm sure you'll love Yuna when you meet her!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

While I haven't played the FF series (still....), isn't it kind of a given that the games can be over the top?

@NintendoByNature Sounds like you're enjoying FFX! Did you decide to shelve Ys VIII for the time being?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic