Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 621 to 640 of 645

gcunit

@rotorooter Good to know, thanks
Haven't played FIFA for months now, but this is enough incentive to get me back into it.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Mii_duck

Just picked this up now it's Β£12 on the eshop. My first FIFA and I'm enjoying it so far, but it throws you in the deep end a bit - I miss manuals!

Could you chaps maybe help me out and answer a few silly questions?

I'm in career mode (just controlling my player, not the team), won the pre-season friendly but when I started the league all of a sudden my team is playing towards the goal at the bottom of the screen. I can't see my player!

None of the settings will change to playing up the screen, like in the pre-season tournament. How do I change this? What am I missing?

Oh - and how do I do a chip shot when shooting on goal?

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Okies, switched (no pun intended) it off and back on and the camera has reset.

Mii_duck

Lroy

@rotorooter Thanks for the heads-up. Booted the game back up last night to try it out πŸ‘

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Mii_duck Finesse shots - Hold R while shooting. Chip shots - Hold L while shooting.

Also look up the basic skill moves. The roll-over move is easy to learn and often allows you to create a space between you and the last defender to get a shot on goal.

toiletduck

@Mii_duck I think you can switch camera centring in game from ball to player and vice versa with the minus button when you're in 'be a pro' mode. I remember it was select on PS which is mapped to minus on switch. Let me know if it works.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Mii_duck

@Lroy and @toiletduck - thank you for your replies, I'll give all that a try.

More practice needed to get the 'knack' of the controls I think, which I guess is the point.

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

Ha! Penalty and a hat-trick in free play... dropped for the next game with the manager saying I'm not productive enough.

Harsh I feel, a tad harsh.

Mii_duck

toiletduck

@Mii_duck Don't read if you want to be surprised, but the 'be a pro'-mode (or whatever that mode is named currently) is programmed so that it follows a certain set of 'rules'. First you play an occasional game, after a few games you'll be starting 11, then a bit further down the line you'll be captain (all assuming that you keep scoring and achieve your goals). It's also likely that you won't start in your favorite position, but later you will play that position.

So don't take it personal

toiletduck

gcunit

Haven't played this game since the World Cup update launched and the suggestions that the update might corrupt save data, wanted to wait for a patch.

Updated today though and all went fine. I needed a dummy game to get me back into the swing of things - every time the opposition attacked in the dummy game they scored, but I won the next two games and went top of the League (Calcio A, World Class).

Played some more tonight, thinking I'd go on a romp to the title, but my lack of defensive sharpness showed and I drew the next game before losing 2-0 to AC Milan - fairly even game but for the brilliance of Bonaventura scoring both goals. Back down to 3rd in the table.

But happy to be back in the game and delighted with the video capture addition as it was always my biggest gripe that there was no replay save facility. Now I'm saving pretty much every goal I score

Jamie Vardy is beginning to become a bit of the club talisman I hoped he would be when I signed him. He's currently 2nd top scorer in the league, but also at the top of the assists table.

Dio della La Viola:

Untitled

@Lroy I see you've continued chalking up the hours, how you been getting on?

Edited on by gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Indeed. Proper been pulled back into my FIFA 18 career adventures recently. I think I left off before the World Cup was on, having taken over the reins at a fallen from grace Manchester City side.

After a bit of rebuilding, I managed to finally win the Premiership in my new surroundings (think that was 7 seasons into career mode) and even went an entire season unbeaten in the league. Clearly, cutting my teeth with Northampton Town and getting them all the way up the leagues and qualifying for the Champions League paid off.

Was happy to see that Northampton hadn't instantly collapsed after my departure although they are now perennial relegation survival battlers without me at the helm.

Anyway, having gone back to the game, I decided to take a break from my Man City save - I do intend to go back and win the Champions League with my squad which boasts the likes of Dele Alli, Leroy Sane and Marcus Rashford all into the 90s rankings. So instead...

I've stated a new career save file - this time on World Class difficulty - and taken charge of LUTON TOWN. Yep, gone right back to the beginning and will attempt to take this side from English Football League Two to Champions League glory. Yes, you read that right, my ambition is to stick with this same club all the way through the manager Mode's 15 seasons and see how much success I can achieve.

I'm currently 5 games away from the end of my first season. Playing 5 minute matches. I'm currently leading the pack in League Two but it's very close, any from about 6 teams could still win automatic promotion.

I've invested what little cash I had from the board into setting up my Youth Academy and have already developed and blooded four or five youngsters and promoted them to my senior squad. I did ask the board in January for some extra cash but they refused, alas I had to sell my most valuable asset - my number 1 choice GK Marek Stech (sp?) for 725, 000 to Bristol Rovers - in order to raise the funds required to continue expanding my Youth Academy with additional scouts as well as cover the new contracts and wages my growing squad demanded.

No other notable activity in the transfer market, in terms of bringing players in - I already had a couple of players loaned to me by default when the season began. Both have made positive contributions to my team and will be missed from my starting eleven whenever they get recalled. But I have managed to snag a couple of promising youngsters on Free Transfers to ensure I've a healthy number of players available to chose from each week.

Will let you know how things progress. Basically, making the best use of the players that already come with Luton Town for now.

Over the transition from Season 1 to Season 2, I'll hopefully offload some of the fringe default Luton players that I don't see making the grade for me. A promising keeper from the Youth Academy or the transfer market will likely by my main rebuilding priority next season along with any proven goal scorer I can tempt to join me at the Hatters.

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

@Lroy Sounds very tempting, I always preferred starting at the bottom of the ladder in Football Manager. But Luton... sheesh

But I feel deeply that Fiorentina and I are inseparable. For now at least, but you rattle through the seasons a lot faster than I do, so I'll have to see how I feel in a couple more seasons when some of my key players are past their best. I'm not big on the planning front, so I might find it hard to bring on younger players that I'll feel an attachment to to keep me interested.

gcunit

Well I didn't see that coming. A couple of games after my last post above we entered the January transfer window and I received offers for my two Brazilian youngsters that I'd been developing from the start of my first season at Fiorentina - Leandrinho and Nathan - both regular starting eleven players, and Nathan was quality and my second to scorer.

I made the same mistake as I did the year before in not giving it too much thought and suggesting a hefty increase to the price for each player.

Lo and behold a couple of days later I've got a massive hole in my squad as Leandrinho joined Burnley for 30 million and Nathan joined Bayern Munich for 40 million.

Didn't mind letting Leandrinho go, as his performances rarely lived up to what he showed when I first signed him, but I really did not want to sell Nathan

I took the money made and bought Raheem Sterling for about 32 million and Ruben Loftus-Cheek for 16 million, plus a couple of young strikers to develop.

Mii_duck

Well, it's starting to gell now... Career mode, just controlling 'me' and in 34 matches I've scored 65 goals for Mansfield Town. Got a call up to play for England in a friendly and put five past Mexico in a 13-0 drubbing.

So, not an entirely realistic game...

Anyway - in career mode, do other teams come in for you or do you have to request a transfer first? I'm new to FIFA and finding info is like pulling teeth!

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

I keep meaning to start controlling the whole team, but I'm enjoying just controlling one player at the mo.
I know this is an 'inferior port' but for me it has enough depth and I'm really enjoying it, there are enough options to keep me coming back for quite a while I think.

Mii_duck

monkeyspasm

Yeah, I have FIFA on Xbox One but still love the Switch version. It's great fun.

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Lroy

Few things more satisfying than taking the reins at a lower league side and then slowly but surely nuturing young talent via the Youth Academy through to the first team. Real thrill as each makes their debut and scores their first ever senior level goal for the side.

I’ve gone big on youth in my current (World Class difficulty) Manager Mode career. My highest rated starting eleven player has only just celebrated his 17th B’Day!

Be really cool to see if the Manager Mode on FIFA β€˜19 has received any tweaks. I know the upcoming game on the big boy systems has had very little added to the much neglected Manager/Career Mode - EA sole focus is FUT. But seeing as the Switch version is an iteration of the franchise all its own - different engine - and we’re β€˜behind’ in some aspects of the window dressing of the other main versions. Basically, I hope we get some Career Mode content that is β€˜new to us’ albeit if it has been in the game on more powerful machines before.

The addition of the Champions League licence is nice but i’d be far more excited about news of additional cut-scenes for Manager Mode, a comprehensive career stats screen, a trophy cabinet for all your successes across multiple managerial positions etc. Would also be nice to be able to train up the pace and strength stats of your players (an addition which is confirmed to the mainline FIFA β€˜19 on XBOX/PS4 I believe?) An option to develop a new stadium with higher capacity and set ticket prices etc. A way to re-train and adapt players to suit new positions than just their default ones. I’d also like to see the negotiation and other extra visual and audio commentary bits and pieces in the β€˜bigger system’ game come to the Switch version in FIFA β€˜19.

Playing online with friends has at least been confirmed but i’d like more too.

That said, FIFA 18 on Switch has been amazing. Approaching 275 hrs played - 99% exclusively in various Manager Mode save files.

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

Oh boy oh boy what a session. Been up playing FIFA far too late.

Fresh off the back of our first Serie A championship trophy, doing the double over an immense Juventus to beat them to the title, we've just beaten them in the Supercoppa Italia after a titanic 0-0 draw and a penalty shoot-out that ended 6-5 with 7 missed/saved penalties.

On to the first league game of the season and I gave a debut to our newest signing, Landry Dimata (Belgian, 22, STR) who I bought from Wolfsburg for Β£24mill. which was pretty much my entire close season transfer budget. Vardy is still the main man, but he's getting on a bit now and I felt the need to have some quality options to start developing.

So I started Vardy and Dimata upfront, and true to the occasion they've both just scored. And Dimata's debut goal is probably the most booyah goal I've scored in this FIFA so far, certainly since the video capture button has been enabled. Don't tend to try that sort of goal much on World Class. Just one of those dream debut goals.

But my battery died just as I was trying to upload a replay of it, so y'all gonna have to wait til tomorrow for that. But such a great feeling to end a late session with that sort of goal.

Edited on by gcunit

toiletduck

@Lroy that sounds a lot like Football Manager

toiletduck

Lroy

@toiletduck Yeah. I really love the career mode in FIFA despite its limitations and flaws. I did buy FOOTBALL MANAGER TOUCH 2018 on Switch but have yet to really invest any time in it. I’m sure once I do, I’ll be hooked. However, what little game time I get, I am pumping into FIFA β€˜19 now πŸ˜‚

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.