Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,213

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I just renewed last week when I also pre-ordered Odyssey!! Gamestop never again for new games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DTMOF84

I don't have a Best Buy close enough for me to make that good of a use out of that. The closest one is about a 45 min drive away.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Spoony_Tech

@DTMOF84 You can get everything sent to you and anything I've ever got sent has been day one delivery for me so far.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Im in the UK. No games clubs for me XD. Stop and start at Amazon Prime

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SuperJoon

dharmajones93 wrote:

Anyone know if Switch version will have multiplayer horde mode? I know the other console versions do, because they were user made maps with the SnapMap thing (I've never played DOOM before if you can't tell). But, because we're not getting SnapMap I wonder if we'll be able to play any of the user made modes, even though we can't make our own.

I think the multiplayer mode is going to be a download extra. So if you buy the retail version you'll have access to download the multiplayer element. Not sure what's included though as I haven't played Doom lol

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

JaxonH

Anything created via SnapMap will not be included, obviously that means user content. What will be included though is the full single player experience (DLC arcade mode and the original campaign) plus all the multiplayer modes (Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Soul Harvest, Warpath, Freezetag, Clan Arena, Domination, Exodus, Sector, Bloodrush, Posession, Infernal Run)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

It is important to note that multilayer on the other systems was kinda dead on arrival. It wasn't what people bought the game for and it definitely didn't keep them playing after the campaign.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JasmineDragon

@FragRed Yeah, I'm totally fine with single-player demon hunting. I may not even download the MP. Splatoon is my multiplayer shooter jam, and my main gaming partner is not quite old enough for something like Doom with the scary monsters and exploding body parts.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Spoony_Tech

I still don't have a working sd card in my Switch to even dl the multiplayer and won't till I get RE-R2. Then I may dl the multiplayer to see what it's about.

MERG said:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
So I take it that SD was bogus? I figure you'd be using it otherwise. Ah man, you must have missed my forum post the other day- there was a huge sale on Amazon- 256gb for $99.99, 200gb for $62.99 and 128gb for $33.99. Just crazy good prices, sold direct by Amazon

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH Not only was it bogus but after about a couple hours it stopped working all together. Switch won't even recognize it anymore. Like I said lesson learned.

Please always keep me informed about deals like that. I don't search topics often. Just @ me on deals like that. I would appreciate it! I got something else brewing though. Apply for a Amazon credit card and get a $100 gift card. I would spring for.a 256 for sure then.

MERG said:

TuVictus

I know it's more than likely splatoon esque controls but I'd kill for a Metroid prime esque way of controlling

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

Why would that be? Didn't they specifically say no motion controls?

MERG said:

Zuljaras

@Spoony_Tech There was article that specified that Doom will not have motion controls. It was not even a rumour.

I am glad to have that. I do not play FPS games with controller but after that game and Skyrim on the switch I will start!

ZockiGalore

Wow, that would be crazily good in my opinion. And yes, you can clearly see the option in the video
In fact, since i already own the game for PS4, this could be the one detail that nudges me towards double dipping!

ZockiGalore

Spoony_Tech

The only reason I could see them adding it is because they got a lot of feedback and it's actually easier then they thought. Till I see it actually being used I won't get my hopes up. Maybe it will be an option to patch in shortly after release.

MERG said:

SKTTR

Motion controls? Just pre-ordered.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

OorWullie

Superb, really happy motion controls are in there. If they're disabled for online play to make it fairer for those not using them that's fine by me.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

TuVictus

I say let it be like splatoon. Some people use em, some don't but I don't think anyone calls it unfair. Then again, different genre, so who knows.

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

Chiming in to point out that "motion controls" is not the same thing as "gyro aiming". I think you might be jumping the gun a bit.

Watch the footage after the options menu. Motion controls are enabled, but the reticule stays firmly in place when the guy starts playing the level, it only moves when he pushes the right stick. Taking into account he's playing in handheld mode, the reticle should be moving around a little bit unless he's holding the device perfectly still.

As far as I can tell, either "motion controls" refers to something other than gyro aiming or gyro aiming is disabled in handheld mode.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic