Forums

Topic: Daemon X Machina

Posts 141 to 160 of 200

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
I’m not familiar with the genre so, all of this stuff is new to me. I don’t know what Robotech is 🤔

So Assault Shift, Wing Shift and “Shield Shift (???)” are all tradeoff skills? Doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested in using since defense is usually my top priority. So I guess I should skip these skills in the skill tree then...

The shield weapon is weird because if I press ZL, my guy moves the shield out in front of my, like he’s “defending”. So it seems that one is at least not passive, still have to press Block to use it.

You left it in the hangar once missiles started showing up? Is that because you wanted more challenge and didn’t want a shield that could block?

Sorry I’m just utterly lost with some of this stuff. I kind of feel like how I felt when I played my first JRPG (Bravely Default). I had no idea what a phoenix down was, or any of the “common knowledge” stuff most experienced players take for granted. Some of my knowledge from Xenoblade X, Monster Hunter and God Eater 3 seems to be transferring over here, but... only a little

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

@JaxonH, I haven't played the full game (or new demo), but in the old prototype demo you could expend Femto to revive fallen ally mechs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Sorry, Femto is like the McGuffin element that showed up after Moonfall. It’s used for the Shift abilities, Mirage ability, and reviving an ally

The Shield Shift is the passive one, and doesn’t have a tradeoff. I always have it selected because I zip in and out of danger.

I left the Shield weapon in the hanger because it said it blocked bullets. I can dodge those. If you notice they help against missiles too, let me know! 😀

I mentioned Robotech/Macross cuz one of the artists of it did the mech designs in DxM. That show was my jam. My current Arsenal is even called “Skull One” after a main character.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
I always have it selected

Huh, so you can actively select which skills you want active after purchasing them in the skill tree?

Also, I’ve found no way to tell which armor/weapons you have equipped when selling them. I don’t want to sell something I have equipped but it doesn’t really show you. Well, I suppose the arm weapons do, but that’s it. Am I missing something?

And lastly, are the red particles the Femto? Am I supposed to hover in the particle cloud?

Also thanks for answering these questions.

edit
I figured out the Shield thingy. And the Femto.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH No problem, you’ve answered me enough on other stuff, haha.
I don’t think it will let you sell a currently equipped item. I know it won’t let you use currently equipped items as parts in Development.

Don’t forget your ice cream buffs!
Also, co-op missions online are great to make money early on. I did a four player Immortal takedown and got 20,000c

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@HobbitGamer
I checked the icecream, which seems very similar to eating a meal before going out on a hunt in MH, but even a double scoop which cost nearly 1000 credits only provided like a 3-4% increase and even then, only when out of the arsenal. Didn’t really seem worth it to me. Maybe the buffs get better as I keep playing?

Also I found this video which has been a huuuuge help understanding the game

Edited on by JaxonH

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Sweet, I’ll check the vid out. I got a double scoop that gave 4% boost for my Battloid. I’d imagine once you get more parts and customization those small percentages can equate to bigger gains.

#MudStrongs

bixente

Enjoying the game a lot.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Illusion

This game is going to have a reputation for solid fun like Starlink whose hopes for popularity were torpedoed by middling reviews. 5-10 years from now it'll be a "hidden gem" of the Switch. Really enjoying my playthrough so far.

Edited on by Illusion

Illusion

HobbitGamer

@Illusion Agreed, the game is just plain fun. And it’s not all boom boom blow up either. I had to defend a train last night, but enemy Arsenals kept drawing me away while another pounded the train. Took my third try before realizing I was being tricked.

Edit: I just realized how to uninstall equipment addons. It’s great

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

JaxonH

This Daemon X Machina Collector Edition imported from the UK is seriously legit.

This and the Astral Chain one together... just... wow.

Pan right for all 7 pics

1UP_MARIO

Looks great 👍🏻

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

I never thought I’d say this, but thank God for Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Japan. And region free for making it all possible. Genuinely. They’ve been killin it with the collector editions, steelcases, special releases, etc.

EU Exclusives I’ve Imported
Mario Maker 2 steelcase (EU)
Astral Chain Collector Edition (EU)
Daemon X Machina Collector Edition + steelcase (EU)
Zelda Link’s Awakening Collector Edition + steelcase (EU)
Dragon Quest XI S Limited Edition Switch v2 (JP)
Dragon Quest XI S Slime Controller (JP)
Luigi’s Mansion 3 steelcase (EU)
Pokémon Sword Shield steelcase + figurine (EU)

And I must say, the Daemon X Machina steelcase is the most beautiful Switch steelcase I have yet laid eyes upon, except perhaps the Bayonetta 1/2 steelcase or the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 steelcase.

HobbitGamer

That’s pretty awesome looking, dood!

#MudStrongs

JaxonH

No cloud saves sucks. Not sure why they didn’t include them.

Rather than transfer my save file to Switch Lite I just started a 2nd save file, started running through the beginning missions again. Gyro in this game with Switch Lite plays so well. And the game looks even better on that smaller screen.

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer About the hori DxM cons. I like them a lot. They are huge although I had to stop the muscle memory of bending my thumbs since the joysticks are full size. They are pretty responsive and I don’t have any dead zone issues. The dpad is pretty responsive as well. Buttons are clicky though as they protrude up higher. But they respond just fine. It does drain the battery a bit though. Not a lot but more than joycons. I don’t think these have a charge. I have not tried the turbo or played these in a fighting game to test deadzone.

Ok bye y’all. I’ll be back in December.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Thanks!! And good luck!

#MudStrongs

Trajan

This game is pretty awesome. The story is weak and the VA is pretty annoying though. Great game to play in quick bursts on the couch.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Nathansdiary

Ok, I am working through the demo and am enjoying the core gameplay. Never really played a mech-based action game before and this is fun. If you sense a huge BUT coming then here it is.....

BUT.....Oh my god is that constant talking in mission driving me insane, just seriously shut the hell up!! If I buy this there will be lots of tweaking with sound options or just outright muting with my headphones in instead.

Nathansdiary

Nintendo Network ID: Nathansdiary

JaxonH

Yes, the game is excellent for short burst play sessions. The quick rapid fire missions work beautifully for a handheld experience, and the gyro aiming makes it play like a dream on the Switch Lite.

The voice acting is... ok. Not phenomenal but I’ve definitely heard worse. The story is not really that engaging either, but that’s OK because it’s enough to keep things moving along and give you a reason for what you’re doing. At the end of the day it’s all about the gameplay and the gameplay is definitely on point. That’s what carries this game... the excellent mech gameplay with deep mechanics and systems with gyro aiming.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic