Forums

Topic: Daemon X Machina

Posts 101 to 120 of 200

itsyaboi

@Lemmy_the_Koopa: OOOOOH. That's what you meant. I'm sorry. That sometimes happens to me too, especially with the AI-corrupted arsenal things.

itsyaboi

RR529

I love the theme & aesthetic of the game, but the gameplay itself is a bit hard to get a hold of and follow. I've only played the first two missions though, so I'll give myself time to acclimate to it & collect better gear.

Decided to go with a bit of an Evangelion theme, so I decided to make my avatar resemble Misato, but gave her pilot suit & mech the color scheme of Shinji's Eva.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

I hope there's another demo for the game's final (or at least near-final) build down the line. I'm still on the fence about this one after reading some of the feedback but also understand that the game is still in development.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

RR529

Finished up the demo tonight.

It's a bit janky, but pretty decent overall (hopefully it'll be smoothed out a bit by the time it releases). It's very much a game about replaying missions to loot better gear to make you stronger, more durable, and faster.

• IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, you use FEMTO to revive fallen ally mechs.
  • On the topic of the demo boss, attacking the legs and body ALL (slowly) drain it's overall pool of HP, rather than being parts that you destroy one by one. Destroying the weak points under it's "belly" and on it's laser cannon simply drain it's HP much faster. Also, every once in awhile Four (the AI thing) will tell you when the boss is at certain damage percentages (25%, 50%, 75%, and 90%), so be listening for that. It was at 75% percent damage after I destroyed the weak points underneath it, so after that I just focused my attacks on it's laser cannon, slowly draining away the rest of it's health while hoping to get lucky destroying the weak spots in that area (it moves around way too much to specifically target them, plus they occasionally retract into the cannon). I managed to only destroy 2 of the 6 weak spots located there, but it eventually went down.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

purpleibby

Folks, I'm telling you I had similar reservations about being a sitting duck and movement too slow in the sky and walking/sliding around....here's the thing: Learn to use that boost! You'll be dodging diving and moving very quickly on the ground and in the sky! That video up there is pretty accurate. If you are discounting this game because of that, you're missing out....seriously. They should be explaining that in a WAY more intuitive way in the training.

Here's a thing that helped tie it all together for me. Customize your controls....switch the boost from being on the button, to being PRESS left joystick and put the jump/fly decend on x/y....Seriously....once I did this, man the gameplay became very fast and it frees your right thumb to move and boost at the same time for complex movements and combat. It became VERY fun. Overall I see the need for polish and framerate boosts, but I think this is because it's 1.0 beta on this demo. It pretty much looked like the demos. Menus could be a little more intuitive and having an "equipped" on weapons selected/not selected will save some headaches.

ADJUST those controls....USE THE BOOST, and you'll love it! Dodging/evading movement on the ground and the sky are seriously fun! There were a couple of times it did some VERY cool moves just from using that, and I was like WHOA how did I do that!?

Edited on by purpleibby

purpleibby

HobbitGamer

@purpleibby I second that boost function. I was zipping around like Max Sterling in Battloid once I got the hang of boosting. And the gene mods to your Outer can enhance boost, too!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

purpleibby

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

@purpleibby I second that boost function. I was zipping around like Max Sterling in Battloid once I got the hang of boosting. And the gene mods to your Outer can enhance boost, too!

Right on Jack...it's definitely cool....it can enhance sliding around very nicely. Dodging/evading towards and away, left/right with the boost makes it feel like a skilled fight. One thing I thought was neat was going in and out of boost would make the mech do random cool moves....also what's cool is if you select a weapon for each hand you could fire both at the same time(just a little silly thing, but I liked it). Having boost on the left stick frees your right hand thumb for boosting while aiming/moving so you can use it while strafing and with the firing on the trigger buttons you can do some wild stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the upgrade, and this is only the beginning Mech for me without speed boost. I imagine as things go along it's going to get even crazier. I can definitely see this game living up to it's hype. I hope that the full version will be fully flushed out graphically. I see no reason it won't be. the Verson 1.0 on this demo probably tells you where it's at compared to the end version. The art style is definitely cool, and being more complete will bring it together IMO.

Edited on by purpleibby

purpleibby

RR529

@Reverandjames, at the beginning of the boss fight (at least the first time I played it) there was a pop up that discussed boss weak points, that had a photo of the weak points on it's underside.

That said, you'll undoubtedly have more chances to loot better gear before the boss in the full game (the demo had 2 E Rank missions & 2 D Rank missions, one of which was the boss, but I doubt there'll only be 2 E Ranks in the full release), and given that you can revive fallen ally mechs, that makes me wonder if there'll be co-op, which could make things easier (I'm more of a single player person myself, though).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

redd214

I've tried the demo probably 10 times now and the controls are just not clicking for me. Was really excited for this one but the way the games feels has put me off. I hope they can release another demo closer to release to gauge the changes they've made. The current demo as is unfortunately moved this off my buy list.

redd214

GeeEmm

So just finished the demo.
Love the visuals and music.
Controlling the arsenal felt fine to me, especially when you incorporate boosting, feels awesome boosting on the ground under an enemy and then taking off.
Not sure if you can remap but dont like descending on d-pad down, thats just awkward, so is aiming a grenade when out of your mech.
My biggest gripe is the out of bounds. A couple of times I got stuck in a structure because the game was pulling me back and I had to quit. Not cool. Just make it a timer and if your not back in bounds then mission failed. Not this tractor beam bs.
But overall I enjoyed it and im glad they are asking for feedback. I mean, the game can only get better, right.

GeeEmm

RR529

Despite playing the demo a little bit later than most people I still got the survey, so if you're just now getting around to trying it out, still be on the lookout for the survey.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HobbitGamer

That is awesome to see. I'm so glad they used that feedback well. This has gone from a Maybe pile to Very Likely again.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CanisWolfred

Dogorilla wrote:

Looks like they've listened to the player feedback on this game. Most notably they've added gyro controls! https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1138808169658892289

Awesome, nice to see they addressed issues while they can. This game keeps looking better and better, I can hardly wait to play it!

Too bad the game comes out the same day as Borderlands 3...I guess I'll have to wait for the GOTY after all. Oh well, I'm sure Randy Pitchford will find more ways to make that decision all the easier...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HobbitGamer

If anyone wants to still play the demo, it’s playable if you previously downloaded it.

#MudStrongs

Magician

/me - looks at the Daemon X Machina LE listed on GAME.

*This item does not ship internationally.

/me - depression sets in...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

SwitchForce

@Magician Game would the the standard not the LE that cost prevents them from International orders. It even says on their site anything over 100euro they don't ship overseas. Unless you buy from them and have a forwarding company to send to you that is the only way. That is what I had to do for DaemonxMachina LE and Link's Awakening LE as neither would directly ship to NA.

SwitchForce

EvilLucario

I would have put up good money for a Limited Edition, but you know.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Here's some sort of Japanese-only animated prologue to Daemon x Machina.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

farrow000

Just pre-ordered my copy. Is anyone planning on getting this game?

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic