Forums

Topic: Borderlands Legendary 3-Pack Nintendo Switch

Posts 181 to 200 of 206

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature To be fair Borderlands and Bioshock were done by different studios 2K games for Bioshock Gearbox for Borderlands so you can't really compare the two, yeah they are FPS but are vastly different in gameplay. Heck Bioshock if you really wanted to can be played without firing a single bullet and you can stealth your way through the game, Borderlands not so much.

I agree that the atmosphere is better in BioShock but that's how Bioshock tells it's story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki yea i get that. Im just going based on the fact they both dropped on the same day from 2k and are fps..i just love borderlands..its quirky, and the game play is stellar. I guess I just wasn't as into bioshock

NintendoByNature

Mountain_Man

Bioshock is a great experience the first time, but it loses a lot of its charm after that.

Borderlands 2 you can just keep playing and playing and playing.

The Mountain Man

TJWorks

Anyone had one of those Switch ports where you end up kicking yourself because you had just bought a different version of said game, one week before they announced a Switch port would be coming? This was me with the Borderlands Collection.

I know the PS4 version is miles better in graphics capability and resolution, but the thought of having a portable Borderlands is sweet. What are peoples thoughts on the Switch ports?

TJWorks

zool

@TJWorks you get good and not so good ports and it seems that the Switch is being used as a way to port an old game to make a quick buck. We need a more powerful Switch so that we can get more up to date ports.

Nintendo games are made with the small screen in mind, most third party games aren't. And while the graphics can look better on the small screen, the detail can be lost.

The Switch undocked has its limitations, and I would rather play a big open world game on a big screen. Bioshock is better played on a big screen in HD. But it's still 4 years old. I have never owned a PS or Xbox, but I am tempted to get the PS5, to play new big open world games. The Switch small screen is best for playing Nintendo and similar games. Porting a game shows the Switches limitations rather than how clever the developer is to downgrade the game to fit a Switch card.

In an ideal world Nintendo would make or commission enough games to keep Switch gamers happy and limit other games.

zool

NintendoByNature

For BL1, im at crazy earls junkyard( just got to it) about how far am I in the game?

NintendoByNature

Mountain_Man

TJWorks wrote:

What are peoples thoughts on the Switch ports?

Switch ports of all three games are outstanding. Whether you're playing handheld or docked, they look and run great. I've played mostly Borderlands 2, and nothing about it feels like a downgrade or compromise, even when comparing it to the PC version.

The Mountain Man

Magician

The asking price fell to $30, so I finally grabbed a physical copy. I'm happy to have BL1 on the cartridge, although the constant prompts to download the BL1 6GB DLC content is mildly annoying. It's just unfortunate that the file sizes for BL2 and BL:PS were too big for Gearbox to justify offering either physically. I managed to get in a couple hours last night; it's a good port, more enjoyable than BL2 on PS Vita.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

I'm about to fight Krom. Twelve years later and BL1 is just as fun as the first time I played it. The only problem I have is hardware related. I'm forced to play in tv mode because the drift in my joy-con has gotten so bad you'd think my joy-con were possessed.

Just randomly pulling my crosshairs hard to the right or down with no input by me, but a calibration test show no movement without input? Not the typical drift shenanigans.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Commander Lilith DLC is out, along with an update that patches in the FOV slider for Borderlands 2!

Problem is, it cause the game to crash on the menu screen when you press A. A lot of people saying once you download the DLC it fixes it, but I can confirm that is NOT the case, as I have updated and downloaded the DLC, and it still crashes. Ugh. Guess we’ll have to wait for the fix.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MSTRDM

Was hoping they would add Lilith DLC for free lateron, really happy about it. I hope they soon will patch away the issues that come with it. I'm not experiencing anyproblems though

Edit: I'm experiencing the same problem now

Edited on by MSTRDM

MSTRDM

JaxonH

There was a site reporting that if you archive your game, then redownload while holding L, it will install without the DLC and updates.

Then launch the game, ignore the message about downloading the DLC, then (presumably?) update the game if needed, and download the DLC after that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

Commander Lilith DLC is out, along with an update that patches in the FOV slider for Borderlands 2!

Problem is, it cause the game to crash on the menu screen when you press A. A lot of people saying once you download the DLC it fixes it, but I can confirm that is NOT the case, as I have updated and downloaded the DLC, and it still crashes. Ugh. Guess we’ll have to wait for the fix.

Crashes for me right after pressing A at the opening logo. Hoping for a fix soon.

Regarding the proposed fix, yeah, I'm not going to go through the rigamarole of deleting and redownloading the game especially since there's no guarantee this solution even works. I'll just wait for a patch.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

MSTRDM

The game is unplayable for quite some time now, still no signs of a patch unfortunately

MSTRDM

Mountain_Man

The workaround was posted earlier and I can confirm that it works:

-On the home screen, select the Borderlands 2 icon and click the + button to access the options.
-Select "Manage Software > Archive Software". This will delete the game data without deleting save information or preferences.
-Open the Nintendo eShop, click the user icon in the upper right corner, and select "Redownload".
-Select Borderlands 2 in the list, and press and hold the L-button (top of Joy Con, not the left stick) while clicking the download icon. Confirm that you wish download the software only. This will download everything except the latest DLC.
-When you start the game, it will warn you that necessary data could not be found. Ignore this and choose "Start Software".
-Enjoy your game.

Everything will continue working as long as you don't download the newest DLC. No idea why 2K hasn't fixed it yet.

The Mountain Man

BenAV

Pretty poor form how long it's taking them to fix their completely broken game.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Mountain_Man

BenAV wrote:

Pretty poor form how long it's taking them to fix their completely broken game.

I agree. I was excited about the "free" DLC until it broke my game. Just happy there's at least a workaround.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Hopefully they'll fix the DLC so we won't need the workaround, but at least I was able to continue playing. Finished a run through with my Assassin last night (not including some of the side DLC missions). As always, it left me eager to start a new character and do it all over again. Love Borderlands 2, although I may spend some time with the Pre-Sequel which I've played a little bit of. Since it takes place on the moon, it mixes things up a bit with reduced gravity and a need to keep an eye on your oxygen gauge, which are interesting new mechanics.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic