Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,369

FGPackers

So single player is there with a really good number of modes, multiplayer is there too. We have demo coming, free DLCs like in Splatoon. I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR ARMS TO COME!!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

jump

The stage with the spinning tops looks great.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

The demo dates are May 26 to 28 and June 2 to 4. They're full days, unlike Splatoon.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

I'll play a lot in May, really a lot. In June unfortunately i have some things to do so i will focus more on May

FGPackers

rk3388

My concern was the amount of characters. 10 is a good start but when I heard that was the final initial number, I couldn't help but want a few more. However, after hearing new characters (plural) are coming that means at least 2 more, so anywhere between 12-18 is fine by me.

rk3388

veeflames

@Haru17 No, it says on the ARMS official site that play sessions on each day will last for one hour. Just like in Splatoon.
arms.nintendo.com/#global-testpunch

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Global Testpunch is now on the eshop. As for times, the 4 days for Europe in UK time are at 1am, 1pm, and 7pm.

Also there being 6 days in North America is only due to timezones, 1am in the UK is the evening of the previous day in North America.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ValhallaOutcast

pre download the Global Test now....

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

ThomGee

Just got the Testpunch. Super pumped for it. Hope to see you guys there.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

LzWinky

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

Currently on the title screen of the Testpunch right now. My God, the music is glorious!
If you wait a while on the title screen without touching anything, you'll be shown a 30-second or so snippet of gameplay with various characters. And I must say, it looks very sharp and colorful. And its silky smooth too, since it runs at 60fps (except the part where the game shows some 4-player splitscreen action, when it dips to 30fps).
I really can't wait to play this game. I'll be waiting for May 26th.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

JaxonH

Wow, can I just say this game lives up to the expectations of being Switch's first 100% 9th gen exclusive game? I'm just... floored with how good this game looks.

And please, please let it get an official art design book like Splatoon.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LzWinky

Well it is a fighting game. They're more known for multiplayer than single player

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

@Vee_Flames Ah, that sucks. I'll have to DDos NintendoEverything for misleading me with false info later.

@DarthNocturnal It's exactly as much of an online mode as Smash Bros. They even have a unique end boss.

I've got to say though, I'm really not sold on the graphics of this one. To go from Mario Kart 8 to this is just... perplexing. In all of the videos I've seen the environment looks hazy and white/grayer than it should. But more fundamentally than that, I'm not sure about some of the goofy character designs and the bright blues and yellows. The world looks much flatter and less glossy than Mario Kart — a theoretically more demanding game. And yellow is just a gross color. The only game that made that scheme look good is Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and that's because it was all set at night.

Eric258

@Haru17 How dare you?! Yellow is the best colour!!!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

-Green-

Yellow is my favorite color.
I'm kind of wary of getting this game. The single player, at least based on how they described it, sounded very lackluster, and while I can appreciate the amount of supposed variation within the game, 10 characters still seems very small. It gives me SFV (Street Fighter V) PTSD.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

@Eric258 For being loud and obnoxious. Yellow doesn't even exist — it's artificial, fake, plastic. I'm fine with yellow-white, tan, and amber because they're the color of midday sun, grain, and sunset. Yellow aka neon yellow is only an annoyance.

Everyone's so dramatic about Street Fighter V (and I say that as a pretty damn dramatic dude). I think 10 characters makes sense for ARMS. Unlike other fighting games they don't each have unique attack animations and combos, but rather are built around gimmicks and unique mechanics that develop the concept of moving in a 3D space with stretchy arms. So Twintelle's slow mo, Byte's SM Odyssey hat-style trampoline, and Helix's height-shifting are much much much harder to do in a game with 30 characters without some being filler. That said, Spring Man and Master Mummy have kinda generic, non-physical, stat-only powers. Healing in a competitive game is cool though, and MM's boulder-like weapon sets him apart.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/280449-arms-character-trailers

At the beginning of every character trailer they show a point on a map of urbanized southern coastline. Not sure if it links up. It's probably meant to be similar to the Tokyo area, but we'll see if it's hinting at any secrets.

@DarthNocturnal You can play all of ARMS' modes offline, just like Smash 4. I guess it doesn't have Subspace Emissary or whatever Melee's thing was called, but the Mario Kart team has always had the singleplayer and multiplayer be the same content.

Edited on by Haru17

Eric258

@Haru17 That's why Yellow is so great! It's bright, vibrant and grabs your attention. It's loud and proud! XD

But anyway it's great that they're doing an art contest. Splatoon hand so much awesome art and I can imagine Arms will be just the same.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

FGPackers

I downloaded the demo already and listened to the music: it's AWESOME!! Now i will wait for the first day in hype! This game can really help launch more the Switch, especially with Splatoon right after it!

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic