Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 3,493

meppi64

@Qualitybeats Damn...

@OorWullie @RetroGamerAndrew
Couldn't have explained it better myself.

While I love Enter the Gungeon and played it to death on PS4, I actually prefer Nuclear Throne due to it's more arcade like feel.
It's much more immediate as well. Don't quite know how to explain it.
Much more pick up and play like a classic arcade game. Bit like Robotron 2084, although that's a bit of a stretch.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

Qualitybeats wrote:

http://ibb.co/d2XGSc - 3,825,000

Wow, impressive stuff. Great to see folks here challenging the very top spots on the Global Leaderboards for all these arcade games we're playing.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew @meppi64 Beat me to it. You're quite right. It was previously announced. Just mentioned it here as I see it has an eShop entry now on the Japanese(?) eShop. I browse UK-USA-Japan regularly. Can't recall which one had it now.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Qualitybeats wow well done mate! It will be bloody hard for me to match that score...

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

AgentLA

Iโ€™m glad to hear Iโ€™m not the only one struggling to get near the top. Iโ€™m in the top 100 but Iโ€™m sure I can improve a bit more still. Iโ€™ll post a score up before the deadline.

As far as other games to try, Iโ€™m all down for Mario Bros VS, SMB VS or the Psycho shooters.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Qualitybeats

Well done!!! Quality indeed!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

Speaking of which, this one seems like a cross between Enter the Gungeon and Nuclear Throne.

Hopefully it turns out just as addictive.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64 Not bad... not bad at all.

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

[Off-Topic] Anyone here planning on getting the STREET FIGHTER collection incoming from Capcom? I'm considering whether to buy it or not myself and would need folks to play online against for the purchase to be worth it. I'm not good at it by any stretch but it is a fave series of mine.

Lroy

@meppi64 I've yet to play ENTER THE GUNGEON or many of these 'rogue-like' games to be honest. Keep hearing good things just wish there was a demo and also so many of these games get mixed up together in my mind.

OorWullie

@meppi64 That looks great. I just commented on the video, saying "Looks great. Now bring it to Switch please".I instantly received a reply saying" Working on it, stay tuned". Was that already known?

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

OorWullie

@Lroy I'll be getting it for sure, cannot wait. I just bought an 8bitdo SF-30 Pro at the weekend and as I read your comment it just clicked how perfect it will be for that game. I'm not good at 1v1's either so I need all the help I can get. Street Fighter Alpha 2 on the Saturn was my favourite so reading it won't have online was a bit of a downer. I've never played Alpha 3 though which will have online and many have said it's the better game so it's all good.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

meppi64

@Lroy
I'm getting Street Fighter Collection for sure, if only for Street Fighter Zero 2 and 3.
But I never really play online for fighting games. Not really good at them either, although I love to play them. Don't have anyone to play them locally either anymore. Last time I got to do that was Mortal Kombat II on SNES which we played so much that the poor system couldn't keep up with us in the end. hehe So much slowdown because of doing too much at a time.
That's one of the reasons why I didn't buy Street Fighter 5 actually, since it didn't have an arcade mode for the longest time, and online vs was it's focus.
@OorWullie
Ah, I should have mentioned that.
https://nintendoeverything.com/hellmut-the-badass-from-hell-t...
Says Q2 for the Switch version.

About Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2 and 3.
I can agree with people that SFZ3 is the better game overall, technically.
But for some reason SFZ2 remains my favourite till this day. Also due to the brilliant Saturn port.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

wasilewski

@Qualitybeats nice score mate.

I'm definitely gonna get Danmaku Unlimited 3, can't wait for this one!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

RetroGamerAndrew

No way, another 3.610k score that didn't get registered. The strange thing is that the game doesn't ask me to overwrite my score, even tho my current record is lower than my current score. I think this can be considered a bug...
Do you guys think that wiping the game and reinstalling could help? Pretty confused right now.

RetroGamerAndrew

Shiryu

Hello! You might remember me from such incredible NL Super Nintendo reviews, retro news and recently even some Switch game reviews. Had not had the time to even try out Shock Troopers challenge due to overwhelmingly amount of extra work provided by my 7 jobs, but I wanted to drop in on some insider info. Ready for this? I'm not gonna repeat this ever again, so pay attention eh?
Danmaku Unlimited 3 on Switch is flippin' epic!

Carry on, my wayward sons.

Edited on by Shiryu

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

meppi64

@Shiryu Is that a bootleg version of Danmaku Unlimited or something? ;P

Edit: Damn! You edited that!

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic