Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,481 to 3,493 of 3,493

Moroboshi876

I'm a little confused. Are people outside NL taking part in these challenges? Twitter posts would suggest that.

I'm not participating this time (although Virtua Racing is on sale in Mexico), but I like to watch you guys.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 Yes, I believe the participants are from Adult Switch Gamers Discord primarily, then this thread on NL and finally from Twitter as @corneel has set-up an account there dedicated to these arcade challenges.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Moroboshi876

@Lroy I see. But then when the challenge ends what is leaderboard going to be made of? I mean here in the thread. Will it be a NL only version?

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 The man to ask is @Corneel but I would imagine the leaderboard would be made up of all people who took part no matter what platform of social media they used to post their scores.

Corneel

Yes, it is exactly what @Lroy is saying. It will be a list made up from NL forum, Adult Switch Gamers Discord and Twitter. There has been an huge overlap anyway between those.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

OorWullie

@Corneel What's the deadline for the Virtua Racing challenge? I think I might actually be able to submit a time if there's a few more days. I've improved a lot at the game the last few days. My best is just short of the hairpin checkpoint on my 5th lap so I've still got a bit to do but that's a full lap better than I managed last week. Love this game!

@Shmupsnstuff How's it going for you?

Can't get enough of the original Vasara, brilliant game. It's pretty tough going though, more so than the Psikyo shmups anyway, Dragons Blaze aside. Hope to see it feature in a future challenge. I've not played the sequel too much, hasn't clicked with me in the same way.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Corneel

@OorWullie It really is a great game isn't it. I have also grown to love it quite a bit during this challenge.

There are still almost two weeka left, so hopefully you'll be able to submit a time. September 14 23:59 is the end date.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Shmupsnstuff

@OorWullie Well, I made it to the end! Key is that hairpin really. I can take it decently most laps now, but I need to cut out the silly errors through the rest of the track if I want to challenge our main man, Corneel.

Really did not expect to get so much out of that title, but I'm really, really loving it. Great set of challenges!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NShmups

Alshie

Managed to get a decent improvement on my Darius score but still can’t get past the boss on level C.

When you die once it’s exponentially harder...

Enjoyed this though - followed the thread for ages but first time I’ve signed up and posted. In awe of some of your scores and times. Didn’t get a chance to play much Raiden or VR unfortunately.

Alshie

Moroboshi876

So when does the next challenge start? The thread has been dead since the 14th.

Shmupsnstuff

@Moroboshi876 I've been wondering this too. Round one offered a great set of challenges, if you ask me, so I've been looking forward to seeing what was to come in round two!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NShmups

Lroy

I can only assume @Corneel has had some real world matters to attend to. Hope he is okay.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic