Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 3,493

Corneel

The TATE option in the Arcade Collection was added today for me. Still no Japanese versions, but to know they are on their way is comforting.

@Shmupsnstuff Yeah, Gradius II is tough and very unforgiving.

Finally got over 100,000 in Donkey Kong 3

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Moroboshi876

Well, here is my first attempt ever at Metal Slug 2.

That's where I make it to with 3 credits.

Untitled

I haven't really played MS1 all that much, but this second entry is something I loved since minute 1. Its humor is better and the locations are incredible.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Shmupsnstuff

I'm finding the credit limit in Gradius II doesn't make as much difference as I assumed. My runs are basically decided by how far I get on my very first life. Restarting with no powerups is borderline impossible at certain points.

By the way, has anyone made it past the asteroids in stage 3? What's the best technique? I've tried shooting them all and I've tried leaving them whole and gliding between them but I just die over and over and over whatever I do.

Here's my screenshot, by the way:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NShmups/status/1133319816289300480

Edited on by Shmupsnstuff

https://mobile.twitter.com/NShmups

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 For a first attempt that's not bad at all. Glad you enjoyed the game and hope to see some improvements.

@Shmupsnstuff Can't help you there since you are much further in the game that me. I'm also struggling with it quite a bit.

Moroboshi876

Well, I tried Tengai today. On a Raspberry, though. Just to clarify: it's 3 lives and 3 credits, right? No 0 credits. I guess it was a mistake.

If it wasn't, please don't take this score into account. If it's 3 credits then this is my score for now.

Untitled

Moroboshi876

@Corneel No problem, thanks for the clarification! <Moroboshi freezes and shatters like glass>

I'll put my efforts into getting 1st place on DK3 and get as far as I can in Metal Slug 2.

bushidosnail

Getting ready to go on vacation starting this weekend, don't know if I'll get any more time to improve scores so I'll post these before I forget.

Beat the first level. I think I'd have really enjoyed this one if not for the insane lag. Didn't have the patience to deal with it.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

GFoyle

Here is mine, I try to have some runs before the challenge ends

For the Vulcan venture, I think I got to the stage 3, haven’t played it much though. pic comes later

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

@bushidosnail What game are you experiencing lag in? I'm finding what I'm perceiving as lag in VULCAN VENTURE (Gradius 2) or perhaps this just how the game plays? I'm playing it in the digital KONAMI ARCADE COLLECTION on Switch. Even using auto-fire seems slower than spaced-out taps of the fire button. Rapid button taps just seems to result in a sense of lag?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

bushidosnail

@Lroy Metal Slug 2. I should have said frame rate drops not lag to be more accurate. It's supposedly accurately emulating the original release, which is fine. I've been long overdue for some time off from work, and little things like that irritate me more than they should right now.

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

Lroy

@bushidosnail Ah no worries. Yeah the slow-down on METAL SLUG 2 is well documented. It can actually help as much as prove a hindrance but it certainly upset enough people at the time for a re-release to be made METAL SLUG X. Well worth a purchase if you get an itch to try a version of METAL SLUG 2 again. I own both on Switch. Needless to say β€˜X’ fixes the slow-down that plagued β€˜2’.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@Corneel Last day! That has flown by. Think I’ve posted all my progress (or lack there of πŸ˜‰) over on Adult Switch Gamers. If I manage to squeeze in any more runs, it’ll likely by on DK3 which has emerged as my favourite game of these challenges.

Corneel

@Lroy Certainly has flown by again. You made some good progress with Donkey Kong 3 and the Tengai score is not bad, you even beat @CW13 by 100 points! I love how we invaded the Donkey Kong 3 top 100 leaderboard with 6 entries.

My final score for Tengai (433,300):

And got to stage 5 on Metal Slug 2:

Lroy

@corneel You cheeky so and so. I’m well aware my performance in TENGAI was less than stellar, no need to soften the blow, lol!

Yeah DK3 was so much fun, I actually ended up just playing that over trying to get further in METAL SLUG 2 or VULCAN VENTURE. But enjoyed all the games and will be playing them out of competition for sure.

GFoyle

My final probably..

GFoyle

GFoyle

Shmupsnstuff wrote:

@GFoyle Wow. Just, wow.

Thanks, but I had a bit of head start as we had Tengai 1 week challenge early 2018 and I probably put 20 hours in that week to the game (slightly different rules with the 2 continues). I haven't played the game much between these challenges, but a lot of the things came back quite quickly when this challenge started. If there would be better tools for practicing in the Switch version, I would practice to get that 1cc (first loop), but now it would take too long to get consistent with the stages from 4 onward.

Great game though, one of my favourites from Psikyo definitely.

GFoyle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic