Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,047

Zkibu

@Lroy Star Force was released 3.1.2018. It's in my watch list and was definitely available for purchase before. I wonder what's going on?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

RetroGamerAndrew

meppi64 wrote:

@Agent721 My copy of the book has already shipped!
Didn't expect it to be so quick. Guess I'm used to waiting month or even half a year till I get something like this from Kickstarter projects that I didn't even realise it was in stock and ready to go.

@meppi64 mine too! Can't wait to keep it in my hands, browsing pages like I'm holding the Holy Bible...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 Yeah, I have that SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis collection for both PS3 and Vita.

Hadn't even realised SEGA RALLY was on PS3? Does that have online Leaderboards?

If you fellas ever wanna play an online game or do score chasing for PlayStation games let me know.

Although, like you, I'm pretty much 100% dedicating what game time I have to Switch these days.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Zkibu No idea mate. I recall a similar thing happening with GUNBIRD and MAGICIAN LORD in the North American eShop.

I'm sure it will return at some point but it is a mystery and frustrating.

meppi64

@CaffeinatedGamer Tell me about it! I still have Kirby, Penny Punching Princess, Attack on Titan 2, Longest Five Minutes, Nights of Azure 2 and Fate/Extella here unopened on Switch as well. (Sold a pack of unopened Game & Watch systems so I had a bit of spare money )
And today I got Bioshock Collection, Diablo 3 and Just Cause 3 on Xbone One in for just 30€, all pretty much new.

We'll most likely play thought the campaign of Gear 1 and 4 to get our sea-leggs back before going into Horde mode I think. If I see you or Agent online I'll send a request for sure then. Or if you see me, feel free to join in.
Due to the time difference it might be a bit hard to organise games though.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

@meppi64

Please check out the redone Gears of War 1. Even if you have the original 360 version, which is backwards compatible, the remaster is totally redone with new graphics, better balance of levels and should now be relatively cheap. It’s one of the best remastered games I’ve ever seen.

What G&W did you sell?

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Lroy

I’ll check it out tonight to see if it has leaderboards. Like you said I pay much more attention to the Switch these days and haven’t played the PS3 in a while. But that might be a fun game to get into. I’m pretty sure I have Daytona USA as well. That one plays great.

Edited on by AgentLA

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

@Agent721 It's already installed and ready to go.
Just heard that my buddy got his Xbox set up and that the game is already installing. We should be able to start playing the campaign Sunday or Monday evening after he gets off work.
I'm still at home, and might be for a couple more months depending on what the doctor says next week, so plenty of time to enjoy the games.
We played though Gear 1,2 and 3 on 360 when we both got one about 6 years ago now I think.
I always thought that Gears 1 had that special something even though it was the most basic one and a bit rough looking at times.
I just loved that nighttime level with the thunderstorm as well as a map where it starts to hail. Not sure if that one was in Gears 1 though. Both had such incredible atmosphere.
Really looking to revisit this one now. I even heard there are extra levels included from the PC version the weren't in the 360 one?

As for G&W games, it were these ones:
Untitled
Bought them all at the same time in the local toy shop back in 1992 or so.
10 and 20€ a pop brand new.
Sold them for 3 big ones. Most of which will go to the house renovations as I really need a new heating system as the old one is on petrol and is closing in on 40 years old now.
So I want a heat pump system on electricity (which is 100% green here) and has the advantage of being able to be used as air conditioning in the summer. Since it's a bungalow, the home has lots of huge windows, so when it gets hot outside, inside gets just as hot unless I turn the blinds down. And in the evening, it's way too hot here after a whole day of sunshine, so having a good airco/heating system will be a Godsent.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

@meppi64

Oh man, what a great collection of G&W! They hold a very special place in my heart as my first Nintendo purchase. Good for you, you made a nice profit and it seems that you have some good plans with it.

Gears 1 is my favorite too. There’s something better about it than the others. I’m not sure in the PC maps, it’s been a while.

Cool, I’ll look for you guys online if the times ever match up. And if you’re going to be home sick, that’s not a bad way to spend some time, but hopefully you get better soon.

Cheers!

meppi64

@Agent721 Yeah, it was not easy letting them go, I can tell you that!
Been thinking about it for quite a few years now and I've come to the conclusion that I really have way too much stuff that I'll never going to use anyway, so I've been getting rid of certain things.
I'll never part with my Mega Drive, Saturn or Dreamcast stuff though, and hardly anything from Nintendo either, but yeah, if I can get a good price for some of those really expensive ones that I would never touch, I think it was time to let go. Same reason why I'm purging my PS3/4 3rd party library.
I'm not going to replay them on both systems, so I just picked one and will stick with this one unless they decide to pull another E3 2012.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is about Gears 1 either. It just had that certain spark. I even played it after playing through Gears 2, as that came for free with my first 360.
I wasn't even going to bother with it at first since I got the system just for the shoot em ups and nothing else. But on a lazy summer night, I decided to pop it in since I had it anyway, and was surprised at how much fun this extreme dudebro game actually was.
So I played the first one after that and despite it being a bit muddier and rougher, it certainly has something the others don't.

Been home for about 6 months now with a combination of a burnout and extreme exhaustion from doing way too much over the past 2 years. 40 hours manual labour workweek, plus all the stuff needing to be done around the house and the garden. Twas a bit too much for this old man. lol
Felt it for about a year, but pretty much ignored it till late last year where I hardly was able to keep awake past 6PM, even at work, not to mention getting extremely dizzy and major migraines.
Quite a bit better now although I still have really bad days every week, it depends on how stressed I am and pretty much what I do in a day.
I have to say, buying this Xbox and spending many hours laying on the couch playing games is making me feel quite a bit better for the most part. Too bad it's starting to make me fat and lazy. ;P
But that'll work itself out once I'm back to normal and can do everything I did before.

meppi64

AgentLA

@meppi64

It’s all right, we’re all-allowed to be fat & lazy sometime! Man, sounds like you had a rough time...so yeah, kick back and enjoy.

I guess Gears is a dude/Bro game, but it is cool none the less. Great shooting mechanics and awesome firefights galore.

It’s sell quite a bit on EBay as well. After a while, it’s time to let crap go and I’ve already done quite a bit of that on PS3 as well. Too much clutter is bad.

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64 ...and just when I thought I was over collecting old games...
Untitled
S.O.S.

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Lovely jubbly 👌

Confession: I absolutely loved DANTE'S INFERNO on PS3. Only criticism was the lack of imagination shown in the final part of the game. Won't spoil it but the stage design and general pace of the game up until then had been ace. Guess they maybe thought some folks wouldn't bother to finish it? Anyway, how does it play on PSP/Vita?

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Agent721 hehe, yeah, I guess so. I'll be doing just that today I think as it's the last day we're getting 24°C as tomorrow we're expecting hefty thunderstorms.
So I'm going to lay in the garden all day, reading a bit and playing some Game Boy and Neo Geo Pocket in the sun.
And yes, it got a bit bad, not the first time it happened, but definitely worse than last time. Oh well, you gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Been playing some more Halo 5 campaign and I think I made a huge mistake. Tried to change the difficulty from normal to heroic and played up to chapter 10. Found it really boring and was getting very disappointed with the game. It just didn't feel right, or fun at all.
Called it a night and went into the menu only to find out that it had continued playing on normal...
Replayed the first encounter of the last chapter I played on Heroic, and immediately had a lot more fun due to actually needing to move around and take cover and try to flank and play with enemies expectations.
So basically the thing that have always drawn me to Halo games. The incredible combat and how enjoyable fights were.
So I'm thinking of deleting my normal save and restarting the game on heroic from the beginning. Hopefully that will make the game a lot more fun for me.

@RetroGamerAndrew I don't see why you're asking for help. You seem to be doing just fine from where I'm sitting!

Stunning pickups right there!
I got on a PSP kick a couple years back and started picking up tons of games as well. There's just so much great stuff to collect and discover for the system. So many hidden gems as well that tend to fly under the radar. I wish the system was playable in direct sunlight as I would be playing a ton more of it during the summer if that was the case.

meppi64

meppi64

@Lroy didn't see this posted before.
Oh, I totally forgot it came out on PS3 and 360 as well.
I'm gonna have to see if I can find a cheap 360 copy sometimes.

meppi64

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64 PSP really is a stunning gaming platform. With the latest custom firmware ant a good emulator pack almost all my retrogaming needs are satisfied now
It's got an awful lot of great JRPGs and tactical RPGs such as Hexyz Force, Disgaea(s), Tactics Ogre, Valkyrie, a fair share of FFs entries... And the best part it's each one feels and plays so different from the others. And should we talk about arcade racing games? Plenty of terrific games there also.
Geez the more I talk the more I feel the urge to look for bargains on eBay...
@Lroy unfortunately I didn't play Dante yet, I've received the game in my mailbox with metal slug and Castlevania today... Paid a little less than 40 Euros for the three and according to second hand market prices (especially for the latter) I think it's a bargain! Was really curious about the game back then but eventually it went out of my radar. Plenty of games to get back to lately… but I can't complain

RetroGamerAndrew

CW13

@RetroGamerAndrew nice psp haul! I try not to buy old games, but I'm always buying Gameboy stuff and just got back into collecting n64 last year. Been thinking of selling off my nes and snes stuff, as I have both minus and don't need the regular games anymore.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

monkeyspasm

I may have to get a PSP. I loved it back in the day, and that's without the retro goodness

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

RetroGamerAndrew

@CW13 thank you mate! Was collecting GB/GBC/GBA myself but eventually let it go... To much money involved! With PSP it's a little different, prices are pretty low at the moment (there are exceptions of course)...

RetroGamerAndrew

SegaRacer

@meppi64 Man, you are just setting yourself up for so much fun. I also want to get into Diablo 3 again here soon. I love that game so much!

@RetroGamerAndrew Woo! Nice additions to your PSP collection. The PSP really is a wonderful platform full of great games. I too have a decent collection going at the moment, but have wanted to add to it. I went to a classic game shop with the idea of picking up maybe one or two PSP games, along with a Dreamcast or Saturn game, and maybe an Xbox game or two, but walked away with 7 PSP games instead lol. I still need to grab OutRun Coast 2 Coast at some point.

After a busy week I finally have an opportunity to do some good gaming today. I'll definitely play my PSP, but will make sure to leave time for Panzer Dragoon Orta too.

Edited on by SegaRacer

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic