Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 7,821 to 7,840 of 10,553

MarioVillager92

@foxyflimflam Thank you! The Mario Kart track is definitely one of the highlights on my island, I'm definitely proud of it. Mario Kart is one of my favorite games as well, especially MK8

Yes the pinwheels are one of the items from the Sunday night raffles. I do remember that the white phonebooth is on my Nook Miles catalog, too. I'd love a red one - red is my favorite color, after all! I'm interested in the trade when you're ready - one of us will have to visit so we can be on each other's friend list.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I don't believe I have that one, you can send it to me if you want to.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

foxyflimflam

@MarioLover92 I will order a red phonebooth next time I am on. That way I have it on hand for whenever we can find a time we are both on to trade (:

Edited on by foxyflimflam

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

MarioVillager92

@foxyflimflam Okay awesome! I'm willing to give you the white one that's next to the water fountain. Let me know when you find a time so we can work things out. I'll do the same thing as well - my animation class starts Monday so I'll be free until then. When that happens, I'll still look for opportunities to play if you need anything.

foxyflimflam

@MarioLover92 Sounds perfect! Im sure I will find time at some point tomorrow to order the phonebooth so should be good to try and trade Saturday sometime (:

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

MarioVillager92

@foxyflimflam Saturday sounds great! I'll see you then.

toiletduck

@Eel just out of curiosity: how far does one have to go here to cross a line? Some comments are very toxic in my opinion and spoiling the usually nice and respectful atmosphere here (and I'm not referring to NEStalgia's fairly built up criticism, which is totally in line with community standards I believe).

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Eel

Completely derailing the thread, blatantly trying to disrupt the conversations, breaking site rules, being inappropriate, etc. Stuff like that.

For example, had Anti-matter insisted on being mean to NEStalgia and escalating the situation by the time I found their little exchange, I would've done something about that.

After all, we gotta protect our elders. 😉

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

toiletduck

@Eel alright, sounds fair. I'll leave it up to you when the limits are reached of course

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Octane

@NEStalgia I had to go back and see what all the fuss was about. Interestingly my approach to the game is the same as yours. The island looks pretty much the same as when I started, bar a few extra houses. And a giant excavated phallic pattern in my town thanks to @kyleforrester87.

I turn the game one a couple of times a month to catch the new bugs or fish, but that's it.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I have learnt something from ACNH.
Next time if i bought another Switch to play 2nd island, i will put ALL buildings on the beach area for temporary to cut Relocation fee. I will only relocate them once if i put all the buildings on the beach area since beginning. One of neat trick i discovered.

Anti-Matter

johnvboy

@NEStalgia,

You can do what you want, I have no issues with what you post, this does seem more like a community thread more than anything else, but as you say you are playing the game and are not as happy with it as others are, and that does upset me a little because I know deep down you want to enjoy it more.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My AC:NH Island: Evietania
Switch Username: Johnvboy

Switch Friend Code SW-8223-9981-3607

MarioVillager92

Hey guys, does anyone need a quaint painting? I bought it by accident - Blathers told me I have it donated already.

NEStalgia

@status-204 Absolutely. While it's impossible to not lament the genre shift....and not be quite comfortable with the direction as-is, at least if they're going to shift the genre, they should go all the way down the rabbit hole and stop dipping just their big toe in the water. If the "harvest moon" farming rumor is true, that would massively break up the monotony add an activity of merit. Though I fear, given their approach to other aspects it would also be implemented in a hobbled way that makes it yet again the "Monkey's Paw" version of granting our wish. (remember the Nintendo Corrupt-a-Wish thread? This game is kind of the result of Nintendo's careful observation of that thread, I think. They gave us everything we wanted....in a way that took away everything we liked and implemented it in way that makes it not really what we wanted )

And, yeah, overhang bridges, and/or the ability to have tunnels would be VERY welcome. Every design idea I've had so far involved tunnels, either for walking or water, and a bridge over it. Or being able to lower elevation (I guess below sea level wouldn't work, but given the cost of relocating buildings, moving them all to high elevation doesn't really work, and can obstruct sight lines in weird ways. I'd like to make use of elevations but I don't want my buildings to all end up looking like Aztec temples.

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours trying, desperately to put that reflecting pool around the plaza. Or a moat, or whatever you want to call it. But I can't do it....the diagonals/rounded diagonals I have on the paving can't border the water. I tried to put just a 1 tile water perimeter around and put a rope fence around it. No can do, the fence goes mid-tile and can't border the water so it sits far away from the water....I can't put a strip of different paving material through another paved area - it separates them and puts grass between them. I'm not a creative building game kind of person, so I can't imagine my design ideas would be so "advanced" as to break the physics of the game...but somehow they do. Lief was there, because it was my semi-random store-less day to buy random things on the 20x20 center of the universe. I ended up just buying like 40 hibiscus shrubs to act as my water/fence perimeter because the game lets me put THOSE on the diagonal, and not fences or water.....

Nintendo says they like having restricted hardware to force them to be creative with game design..... I think this is their method of passing along that philosophy to the player...

But now that that project is done (unsatisfactorily) I'm sad, because now I really have no new idea of what to do. I don't really have more ideas for things at this point. Though I guess I need to grind for bells to finish the house, those upgrades get pretty expensive, and without golden stags there's not great ways around to get a lot of bells. I'm kind of limited to rocks, money trees, and fossil sales. I'm starting to try catching some of the night time stags. Not as profitable as golden stags on Tortimer but miyamas and the like don't sell too shabby I guess. I don't do the Stalk Market for the same reasons I don't do the Stock Market. Plus I'm never playing on a Sunday morning which has always killed the ability to really do that even in past games.

@Octane Haha, at least I'm not the only one. I think it's a mix of "you're either the artistic type or you're not" - you're in the medical sciences....the odds of being the artistic type were pretty low. Plus in the mix is probably "classic AC fan versus newcomer Minecraft fan" (which is to be fair, most of the population probably.) If you're a classic AC fan your mindset going into the game is that appreciating what's there already is the whole point of the game. Rearranging it for no reason seems kind of opposite the point. It's a lovely tropical island.....I set my house in the game apart so that I can see nothing but nature in the view from there. It's where I'd want to live, with a nice quaint village of people on the other side of the island. Why do I want to pave the whole thing over and ruin it? That's how they ruined my real life home!

Although, I have to say I was thinking about how one of the other problems with the feel in the game, somewhat, is actually a lack of population density (I know, it seems wrong for me of all people to complain about that!) The population is the same as ACNL, but the island is larger. And more importantly, without a split between a market district and an island, the villager locations are all real-time, and it's hard to split 10 villagers across all the locations in the island in any interesting way. If some are in their houses, as it's essential some always are for gameplay reasons, there's only a few people wandering the whole island. In the market district the game would kind of "shift to town mode" and the villagers would be redistributed to be in interesting places in the district versus their "wandering around town" mode, so it felt full of life, even if the island wasn't that much less sparse feeling outside the market street.

Much as a loathe population density and would hate to have to locate another 10 houses that I otherwise ignore, I think that's a big contributing factor to the sparse lifelessness of the town. Though I also think that would be rectified with the same number of villagers but the ability to build your market district on the island with a bunch of stores.....entering a store, or market "area" could trigger the game to distribute some animals around the market, hiding the sparseness much like in ACNL.

@johnvboy I did discover a little more character personality, by accident. It seems that if you talk to characters outside, they pretty much repeat the same 5 dialogs endlessly. All of it trite and meaningless. But if you talk to them IN their homes their personality seems to shine much more like in the older games. And once (only once) I talked to one character outside and got interesting dialog. That's the first time that happened. It's the same character I can talk to 300 times and get the same rotating loop of 3 messages. Yesterday, though, she dreamed of dinosaurs doing papercrafts. Why this time and not the other thousand times of "you again, this island isn't big enough for both of us, yo yo yo yo!"

And yeah, I very much want to enjoy it more. I waited 8 years and endured Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival to arrive at......this...... It's like reliving Federation Force Groundhog Day over and over and over....

NEStalgia

Cosmofantasmo

@NEStalgia

Okay, since you seem to be so genuinely sad let me ask you a few more things because I get the impression you miss something and there’s more to the game that you maybe don’t discovered which could spice up your experience - and I understand that maybe even then it’s not enough to satisfy.
Since your main problem seems to be the social life of the villagers and all that goes with it - do you give presents to your villagers to level up your friendship? Do you talk to them every day? Did you try to talk to them 3 or more times in a row because the interesting dialogue and the mini- events get triggered by that in my experience? Excuse me if these questions seem dumb to you as a veteran player but I have the feeling that your disappointment reduced your will to try this.

Edited on by Cosmofantasmo

FC: SW-3787-0301-2906
Profile name: cosmo
ACNH island: Kansai
Dreams: DA-3170-6137-9903

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Please send me your quaint painting, i will exchange you with something else.
Do you have robust statue ?
Btw, have you get two mails from me ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Sorry if i was upset to you last time. 😣
Btw, have you ever tried playing Animal Crossing by Time Travelling ?
Maybe it is not your gameplay style but for me skipping the days forward and backward quickly made me get exciting to continue my ACNH.
I could get ALL Redd arts by locked the date i found him and did Time Travel to exploit his appearance and at the same time he will change his other things to sell especially 2 Nook Cranny's items with other color variants.
I could get Raymond after more than 20 hours by accumulated did Time Travel + Campsite trick by kicked 1 unwanted Smug villager before getting Raymond from Campsite as he was a Smug villager.
I could harvesting all Non native fruits quickly by skipping every 3 days and i have planted more than 80 non native fruits. It will took 1 hour to harvest and sold all of them. It might be very tedious and grindy but it worth for your income.
I wasn't afraid to confess my gameplay style of ACNH by Time Travelling since i have the game so i can decide my gameplay style to enjoy the game regardless of people's opinions.

I didn't mind with very repetitive dialogues from each villagers since i talked with them usually 1 or 2 times. Sometimes, they reacted with something nearby them and told you what was their thought. You can give the villagers items / presents directly to them like you gave presents to peoples on Harvest Moon but after you befriended with them a little bit. The villagers will wear the outfits you given to them directly (Glasses and clothes only. They will not wear helmet, pants / skirts, footwears, non glasses accessories) and if you unsure what will they looks like after wearing some specific outfits, you can go to Harvey' Photopia Studio to play with HHD style photoshoot. You can summon and dressed your villagers with all your clothings you owned so far to see if they looked good with specific clothings.
The great things from ACNH was your villagers will never moving out by themself like on older AC beore you agreed with them to move out. It was very relief feature for me so i can did Time Travel frequently without worrying of losing my villagers and i could get hiatus for very long time without losing any of them after i returned.

Try these things and maybe it will encourage you to enjoy ACNH.

Btw, it was same thing with me as first time trying Metroid Prime Federation Force as my 1st shooting game ever (I never like any shooting games but suddenly i could accept with a few specific titles that i still tolerate the contents). Also, when i played Ratchet & Clank for the first time on PS4 back to February 2017, I didn't click with the gameplay since it was like i tried to move out from my comfort zones. But strangely i could accept Ratchet and Clank games after playing A Crack in Time PS3. Since rhen, i tried to get All Ratchet and Clank games to experience something that missing from my gaminghood.

Here, please send me your FC and open your gate so i can visit your island and give you some advices to beautify your island with basic paths and plants, at least it will make you want to continue your ACNH. I'm not an expert designer but at least i can help you to shape your island better. It might be not your comfort zones but try it and slowly you will get excited after you can design your island.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Sure I'll send it to you the next time I play. I don't have the robust statue, unfortunately. I did get your two gifts in the mail - I've been wanting that colorful wheel. Thank you!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic