Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 541 to 560 of 10,553

BrittGOAL14

@jak1one Think it’s just random. I’ve yet to see apples or oranges on an island. My native fruit is pears. I got peaches twice and bamboo once; since then I keep getting islands with pears. Puzzling.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Yeah there are a lot of trips that result in your native fruit. I feel like it’s intended to work that way to organically slow progression but considering how easy it is to get miles it is having the opposite effect.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RR529

Just started this up tonight (my first in the series), and played for nearly two hours straight! I already have over 3,000 Nook Miles, so maybe by tomorrow I'll have enough to pay off the trip.

I take it you eventually get a box or something to store items? My pockets keep getting full.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

briiz

@UnknownReader Thanks! I checked the bin right after I posted lol, and thank you for telling me about the fact of the leader only being able to pick things up. I'll definitely keep that in mind~

briiz

Mountain_Man

UnknownReader wrote:

@Mountain_Man you can switch leader on the "flag" icon on nook phone. Mine did not camera moves based on the other players too far ( still within the first player ), it show the 2nd player icon if he/she run too far away from the main player, and then it "poof" back near the main player. ( edit ) this is 2 person sharing island.

I'm aware of how to switch the leader, but it feels like a bit of a kludge, to be honest. Why couldn't they let every player have full control, able to access all their tools, open their pockets, talk to animal residents, craft, etc.? If you're not the leader, you're essentially just a spectator.

And the camera does move in an attempt to keep all players in the frame, but, yes, if one of the secondary players moves too far away, he is represented by an icon on the edge of the screen and will reappear next to the leader if he moves away too far.

All in all, neither I nor my kids found it a very enjoyable way to play.

The Mountain Man

BrittGOAL14

@RR529 Eventually you’ll have the option via Miles to upgrade your pockets. Pocket Organization Guide in the Resident Service tent. HIGHLY recommend getting that ASAP.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Mountain_Man

I bought the Nook backpack hoping it would give me more carrying capacity. Sadly, it does not.

The Mountain Man

UnknownReader

Mountain_Man wrote:

Why couldn't they let every player have full control, able to access all their tools, open their pockets, talk to animal residents, craft, etc.? If you're not the leader, you're essentially just a spectator.

My guess is they want to make players take turn? So if they can play individually which angle/player should the game focus on since it's once screen not split.
I often think Nintendo is weird, but then sometime it end up making sense. I do have on/off love for them.

Edited on by UnknownReader

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

msm2000

Anyone able to explain how shooting stars work? Celeste was on my island last night but I was staring at the sky for ages and didn't see anything so missed out this time.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

jak1one

SonicMos wrote:

@jak1one On mystery tours the fruit will be your native and 1 other fruit, not counting coconut. So I can get my native cherries, or peaches.

So i can' get every fruit withoit online? That's really bad if true

jak1one

Koldur

I don't have Nintendo Online either, because I am not paying for P2P connections... If that means I only get one non native fruit, so be it. Though, do we need the other fruit as well for specific things? If not, no problem with me, but if we do, this means they are gating stuff behind a paywall. Which isn't as advertised.

You could always get this stuff through local multiplayer, but I know no one and with the lock down, it wouldn't even matter lol.

Koldur

Koldur

status-204 wrote:

Nintendo Online is worth it just to be able to send hilarious letters to each other, even when the other person is currently offline.

So, you think paying €20 each year to be able to send each other mails that do are not saved on Nintendo servers, just locally on Switches is worth it? Don't agree. It might be worth it for people that want to play SNES/NES games, but even then, it is a pretty high price for almost no investment by Nintendo.

Online play on Nintendo games is all P2P, maybe a simple server to broker the connections, but that is it. Used to be free on Wii, Wii U and 3DS

Koldur

rallydefault

@Koldur
Nothing that you said is wrong, and online gaming should still be free on Switch, but it's not. You've made your choice, but I think for a lot of people you're oversimplifying: no, NSO 20 bucks to send messages in AC isn't worth it, it's the countless games that you need it to play online that make it worth it.

I hate it, too, but we gotta play the game unless we organize to try and put a stop to all the stupid things gaming companies do to us these days. You gonna be the guy to step up and do that, or are you just gonna keep complaining on an internet forum?

rallydefault

alondite3

Hey everyone, i love playing AC and i was just wondering if there was anyone that has a southern hemisphere island so i can come collect some bugs and fish. I have a northern hemisphere island if anyone is interested.

Switch Friend Code - SW-7288-5411-8220

Koldur

@rallydefault Just venting a bit I guess lol, especially trying to deflect the people who do not think for themselves and think others shouldn't either.

I agree that if you play a lot of games online, it can be worth it as well. Just sad to see Nintendo going the way other companies did too, especially for a game where it is just not justified as they do not even deliver a service.

@Sonicmos
I haven't seen that missions, probably because I do not have all the fruits. I do get the "sell five fruits" mission every once in a while which works fine selling just apples (which are natice to my island). I played the heck out of the game, so pretty sure that mission doesn't activate until you have all fruits. Seems it is better to not have all fruits it looks like! Unless you get a very high amount of miles of course, 500 at least in my opinion. Way easier the way I can do the "sell fruit mission" now.

Thanks for the input, seems you do not need all the different kinds of fruit for anything specific, will leave NSO for what it is then.

Koldur

Mountain_Man

jak1one wrote:

SonicMos wrote:

@jak1one On mystery tours the fruit will be your native and 1 other fruit, not counting coconut. So I can get my native cherries, or peaches.

So i can' get every fruit withoit online? That's really bad if true

If it's like previous Animal Crossing games, you will eventually acquire all the fruit one way or another. In New Leaf, I received them as presents in the mail, but it didn't happen right away. It was probably six-months or longer before I had them all.

The Mountain Man

Koldur

@status-204
It uses the servers, but as good as nothing. Browsing their webpage generates more network activity. I understand that it might be worth it for other games, but defending it for ACNH online is just naive.

Koldur

alondite3

Opened up my gates. Northern Hemisphere island Khet. Code is H2N45.

Switch Friend Code - SW-7288-5411-8220

k8sMum

If a Switch friend is online and playing ACNH, what more needs to be done to visit their island? Their gates are open. When the DoDo searches it always says no islands are found.

Am I missing a step or what?

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Ralizah

@k8sMum Have them set a code, maybe? Make sure they double-check that they're connected online, vs a local connection.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic