Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 181 to 200 of 10,553

MrAfrika

@Harmonie I just think in that lane of games, Stardew Valley does it better.

MrAfrika

alpacatears

@MrAfrika Maybe you'd be happier on a Stardew Valley thread then as you're already self confessed to not liking AC?
It's worth being mindful that people want to share their excitement with the release of a new installment to a well loved franchise and there's no point purposefully derailing that. We've already had many of the comments sections thrown into a mess so it would be nice to just share the joy a bit rather than pushing people into defensive positions or arguments.

If you did want to hear from fans about why we do love Animal Crossing then I'm sure people would be happy to share these observations with you, if that's something you are looking for

alpacatears

Magician

MrAfrika wrote:

Both are sim-life games, true. But if you want nothing to do with farming or marital relationships AC:NH would be the better choice. Honestly the AC series is closer to a feng shui simulator than a sim-life game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MrAfrika

@alpacatears Well i wasn't really derailing. I was saying how New Leaf and this new game are essentially the same game and was wondering if fans of the series would every force Nintendo to be innovative with their games as much as they are with their consoles.

MrAfrika

MrAfrika

@Magician So if you want make real working relationships in a game that's based loosely around a rural environment.. Stardew over Animal Crossing?

MrAfrika

Anti-Matter

@MrAfrika
Both of ACNL and ACNH looked similar and so what ? 🤨
You knew NOTHING about video games.

Anti-Matter

MrAfrika

@Anti-Matter What I do? Just asking a question. God you fans are so defensive like Animal Crossing is one of the only 4 games anyone buys a Switch for..

oh wait..

MrAfrika

HobbitGamer

I’ll be joining this AC crowd when it comes out, so any of you NLifer regs that want to add me; code is in my sig

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
What is your island's name will be when you have the game ?
I was thinking to give my island with name AntiMatter. 😁
It's ten digit letters.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter It's always been Onett, but I think I'll go with Summers this time. I haven't thought about it much yet.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Mountain_Man

MrAfrika wrote:

Stardew Valley is a much more guided experience with a clearly defined progression. Animal Crossing has very few fixed goals and leaves the flow of the game almost entirely up to the player. I like Stardew Valley, but I greatly prefer Animal Crossing.

The Mountain Man

alpacatears

I think I'm gonna name my island Tír na Nóg. It's gonna be my escape from the real world into a mythical realm 😁😁.
I'm wondering how long you'll need to be playing the game before you unlock the features such as shaping the island. I'm not exactly wanting to rush at all but it would be nice to see an approximate timeline of how developments will go. I'm sure once the reviews start being released, we will get a sense of the progression

alpacatears

Mountain_Man

MrAfrika wrote:

@alpacatears Well i wasn't really derailing. I was saying how New Leaf and this new game are essentially the same game and was wondering if fans of the series would every force Nintendo to be innovative with their games as much as they are with their consoles.

There are many new features in New Horizon that were not in New Leaf. The crafting mechanic is a significant new addition to the series as is the ability to fully customize your island with non-fixed outdoor decorations, terrain sculpting, and the placement of buildings and other structures.

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

alpacatears wrote:

I think I'm gonna name my island Tír na Nóg. It's gonna be my escape from the real world into a mythical realm 😁😁.
I'm wondering how long you'll need to be playing the game before you unlock the features such as shaping the island. I'm not exactly wanting to rush at all but it would be nice to see an approximate timeline of how developments will go. I'm sure once the reviews start being released, we will get a sense of the progression

There is definitely the temptation to look for guides and "grind" in order to unlock things as fast as possible, but in my opinion, that can ruin the Animal Crossing experience. I prefer to play at my own pace, taking it one day at a time and discovering things on my own. Maybe in a couple years, if there are some features that I really want to unlock but haven't managed to yet, then maybe I'll check out a guide. That's how I played New Leaf.

The Mountain Man

DarkRula

Hands-on impressions are very positive, from what I'm reading and hearing. I'm pretty certain it will be definitive Animal Crossing, made much better by all the small additions and details that we've never seen in a game before.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Anti-Matter

I just wonder about Grandma Audrey once she get the game and beat all of us from gameplay hours. 😩
(She had 3,500+ hours gameplay on ACNL while mine was 1,500+ hours gameplay)
Hopefully she still stay healty in her age almost 90 years old and still able to play Animal Crossing New Horizons. 😁

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

alpacatears

@Anti-Matter I'd love if Nintendo sent her a Nintendo Switch with the new game on it. She deserves it

alpacatears

Harmonie

@DarkRula I just hope that they put a lot of work and attention into making the villagers lively. Obviously, they have visually, having them do activities. What I mean is in terms of conversation. I'm not as concerned as others are with the overt niceness of villagers nowadays (they were a bit too harsh in the first games, a balance needs to be struck there), but for me, New Leaf's biggest weakness was in the villagers. They just felt too repetitive, which was a holdover from City Folk.

Just like I lauded NL as the best Animal Crossing game either way, I will likely do the same for New Horizons even if they still don't get the villagers right, but I really wish they would. I was really attached to my villagers in the GCN version.

In order for it to be the definitive version, it needs to be the best with the villagers, as well. Of course, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that NH will be fantastic and easily become my favorite Switch exclusive game. I just think that is an unfortunate draw back if the villagers are still like they were in CF/NL.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

DarkRula

Yeah, I wouldn't mind more dialogue within the game to diversify conversations with villagers. Eventually with New Leaf it was getting to a point where you could almost predict what the next line would be before they said it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic