Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 201 to 220 of 10,553

Eel

Wild World had better dialogue compared to the games that came after it. Hope they return to something more like that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mountain_Man

New Leaf did tend to have limited and repetitive dialog. It would be great if New Horizons gave us more variety.

The Mountain Man

k8sMum

@MrAfrika .

Why are you even bothering to be on a Nintendo-centric site? In one of your posts you go so far as to say that other systems have more games and their users don't have time to post as they're so busy playing.
What's the matter? Don't you have other systems? Doesn't seem so as you've posted a hell of a lot in 24 hours.

We get it: you don't like Nintendo and you don't like AC. Guess what: we don't care.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Anti-Matter

I heard from the demo gameplay that Cranky villagers have more deeper voice than ACNL.

Edit:
Demo Gameplay captured during PAX 2020.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DAHstroy

Only 2 more weeks!

DAHstroy

TuVictus

I can't wait to see how highly customized people make their islands. After seeing some of the cool stuff people could do unofficially in the previous games, I bet they'll be able to really go crazy with the new tools

TuVictus

LaserdiscGal

TuVictus wrote:

I can't wait to see how highly customized people make their islands. After seeing some of the cool stuff people could do unofficially in the previous games, I bet they'll be able to really go crazy with the new tools

Having two tiers of cliffs is nuts. I can't wait to look down on my serven- I mean islanders.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Anti-Matter

More demo gameplay of ACNH.

Your animal villagers didn't even care whether you get stung by bees. 😩

Anti-Matter

Mountain_Man

Hmmm... So items don't disappear when you buy them from a shop? Is this to accommodate multiple players so one player doesn't clean the place out leaving nothing for others?

The Mountain Man

Cubs017

So, I'm interested in the game, but I'm a bit worried about how often I would have to play it. I'm the type of person that gets really into a game for weeks or months, then drops it and plays something else. I'm worried that if I were to do that I would come back and find a mess and ruined island/town. How bad is it if you leave the game for a while? I definitely can't play every day.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of "sharing" the island with other profiles on my Switch, but the same thing applies - if my wife plays too, but only plays occasionally, is she going to have a big mess to clean up every time she checks in?

This looks like a fun, relaxing game, but if it turns into a chore every time we step away from it for a while I feel like neither one of us will enjoy it.

Edited on by Cubs017

Cubs017

Anti-Matter

When i saw we can customize the color of the furnitures, i was thinking that both Cyrus and Reese were NOT in ACNH.
Cyrus was in charge to customize the color with 30 minutes to wait. Reese was in charge to accept sold item with full price.

Anti-Matter

Mountain_Man

Cubs017 wrote:

So, I'm interested in the game, but I'm a bit worried about how often I would have to play it. I'm the type of person that gets really into a game for weeks or months, then drops it and plays something else. I'm worried that if I were to do that I would come back and find a mess and ruined island/town. How bad is it if you leave the game for a while? I definitely can't play every day.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of "sharing" the island with other profiles on my Switch, but the same thing applies - if my wife plays too, but only plays occasionally, is she going to have a big mess to clean up every time she checks in?

This looks like a fun, relaxing game, but if it turns into a chore every time we step away from it for a while I feel like neither one of us will enjoy it.

I know previous Animal Crossing games could be harsh if you left your island for too long without maintenance. The biggest problem would be weeds springing up everywhere and your flowers dying. Most weeds you could simply pull up, but there were apparently some that needed to be treated with weed killer once a day for several days before they could be eradicated. In New Leaf, you had access to mayoral ordinances that could be enacted, one of which eliminated the need to water flowers and prevented weeds from growing in large numbers (I enacted this pretty much my first day in New Leaf and never rescinded it). Alternatively, if you did happen to have a lot of weeds, you could pay a character named Leif to pull them for you. Another risk of not playing for an extended period is that your favorite villagers might move out while you're away. A work-around was time-traveling, where you would set your system's date to the last time you played so the game would pick up right where you left off. Of course that had its own problems.

Obviously we have no idea about New Horizons. I wish we had an "I'm going on vacation" feature , or a way to pay other characters to maintain your island for you while you take a break from the game.

The Mountain Man

Anti-Matter

@Cubs017
Here is my guide for Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS to get hiatus from the game without worrying about losing the villagers. 😉

1. Make sure you have Beauty Town Ordinance to keep the weeds away.

2. Before you get hiatus, try to talk with every villagers. Your job is try to find whoever give Exclamation mark toward you. If they suddenly come to you, talk to them. If they say that they want to move out, just say No and stay here. From this point, you can immediately Save and Quit from the game so you can get hiatus as long as you want.

3. Since after got new update, the deadline for villagers to move out have been extended from 5 days to 10 days, give you more days to prevent the villagers moving out.

4. Before you play the game, you can adjust the time you want so even you can only play at night but you can change the time in game (not from your 3DS) with what time you want.

Happy playing. 😀

Anti-Matter

the8thark

I do have a question. JT and Alex have not answered it. Maybe someone here knows the answer.

Can you choose which way buildings face then you place them or set up the zoning for them.
So I can choose to have the front door on the north or south or whatever side I want?

This matters to me as I want my island to be a little town with a main street with houses and buildings on both sides. If the buildings and houses can only face the same way, then my idea will be much harder to achieve.

the8thark

DarkRula

@the8thark Buildings have only ever faced south in previous games and I haven't seen any evidence that has changed here. Slight chance I might not have noticed such, but I'm not sure anyone else has either, as that would be a big talking point for the series.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Heavyarms55

@DarkRula I don't think that's changed. It doesn't seem like you can rotate the camera at all, and Alex mentioned in his video that he was able to play with one Joycon without issue - meaning one joystick. As much work as is going into New Horizons, I think that if they added a free camera - it would have been shown by now and I can't see them allowing buildings to face different directions without a camera like that.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

DarkRula

@Heavyarms55 Hence why it would be a big talking point. I wouldn't mind if they allowed buildings to be placed SE or SW facing like in the Gamecube game, as that allows a slight bit more freedom when it comes to laying out how the area looks - especially if you wanted a north-south road full of buildings.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Heavyarms55

@DarkRula I agree, it would be a bid deal and I would enjoy that level of freedom - perhaps because they are already adding so much in terms of customization they decided to hold back in some areas. They must have at least talked about it while designing the game.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic