Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,648

Bunkerneath

@JasmineDragon That's where you are wrong, printed books, DVDs and CDs are so much better than digital as at least you actually own the item

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64 mate, that's a wonderful garden I have to say! I can see mysel... err, yourself sipping an ice-cold drink on that faboulous green in a peaceful, sunny late-spring afternoon. Just imagine. That's life!
Living in countryside myself (my grandpa had a cool little farm, where as a kid I used to play with all sort of barnyard animals), but unfortunately I pass most of my day time working in Milan. I've always been a country boy so It's like day and night to me, and I think I'll never become accustomed to city life.
Btw, really hope you're feeling fine now

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@RetroGamerAndrew Thanks.
Yeah, summertime is the best time of year for me now.
In the past when I was living in the city, I just couldn't go into the tiny sliver or garden I had to relax, due to all the noise, pollution and filthy neighbours. And by filthy, I mean having their yard piled up with all sorts of trash from pots and pans to mattresses and everything you can think of, up till a meter high. Such a nightmare. And that's not even saying anything about their personalities....man.... I shudder to think back of it.

I can't see myself ever returning to city life. If I had my wish, it would either be a mountain cottage, some nice house in a forest, or at the beach with no one around. That would be absolute bliss.
I'm feeling quite a bit better now compared to a couple of months ago, but some days are still better than others. Mostly exhaustion nowadays though, so it's not too bad anymore.
Just have to pace myself and try to build my condition and resistance back up again as I still have days where I wake up tired, despite sleeping 9 hours and it gets worse as the day goes on.
So I'll probably be home a bit longer. But hey, I look at it as a bit of a vacation and time to recharge my batteries and play lots of games and watch a bunch of films.
I think that might be the best way to deal with the situation.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

JasmineDragon

Bunkerneath wrote:

@JasmineDragon That's where you are wrong, printed books, DVDs and CDs are so much better than digital as at least you actually own the item

Most of the time I totally agree with you. I LOVE books - real, tangible, dead tree books - and CDs, and DVDs and all the rest. I love the smell of books, I love looking through shelves full of CDs amd movies to pick out what I'm going to play next. I love owning the physical objects and everything else about it.

Everyone else in my family loves it, too. And here we come to the problem. We own thousands of books, around a thousand CDs, and hundreds of DVDs. Before we started packing, there were literally bookcases - overflowing bookcases - in every room in the house and several of the hallways. Not to mention the shelves full of movies, music and games that fill our living room.

This is all well and good if you never, ever move. Needless to say, at the moment I'm not that happy about it. I've spent weeks packing this stuff up and moving it to storage. And book boxes are incredibly heavy!

It could actually have been worse. We realised a few years ago that we were headed towards a bad situation, and started buying e-books instead of paper. My wife and I each buy a book every week or two, so if we hadn't stopped buying physical we would probably have several hundred MORE books to move!

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Lroy

Jumping on Salmon Run with the Mrs. (on her new Switch πŸ˜‰). Anyone up for joining us. Usual password for the room 1, 2, 3, 4.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

@Lroy now that was teamwork!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

@meppi64

Cool garden and hedgehog! That’s great you rescued two of those little critters.

I live in a condo in LA, in a very busy neighborhood, so im light years away from your set up. But I enjoy the big city and living in LA, I get exactly what I like. I do imagine moving out someday to a quieter spot, but city living does have some good things about it as well.

Cheers!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Lroy

You both own one?? That’s great! I game with my wife quite a bit, but we’ve rarely bought two of the same consoles. That’s the power of the Switch right there.

I do love the fact that she enjoys gaming...it causes less stress in the household.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@OorWullie

I love your arcade set up, man!! Looks awesome!

Lroy

@meppi64 Last run?

EDIT: One more, lol!

and AGAIN! Not ending the evening on a loss ☺️

Edited on by Lroy

bluemage1989

@OorWullie that arcade set up is very impressive!! Great job and love the stickers. The Switch logo and mushroom placement is perfect.

bluemage1989

Lroy

@Meppi64 Thanks for joining in Salmon Run and allowing us to christen my wife's new Switch. Really great fun having us both play locally together and online with you πŸ‘

meppi64

@Lroy hehe, didn't see the post in time.
Yeah, it's getting late again and I didn't get a good nights rest yesterday, so I'm turning in now.
Great games there. Some where the 4th person only went for kills and not eggs didn't end so great.
And we had a couple of incredible tough matches with 4 bosses at the same time during the first round!
Hadn't seen that before lol.
Overall, really good teamwork tonight!

edit: my pleasure! She's really good btw! You can tell she had plenty of practice before getting her own Switch.

Please tell me she played lots of Splatoon before, otherwise it might be us that are just really, really bad at the game. ;P

@Agent721 thanks. Being an old school Sega fanboy (in a good way) has it quirks I guess.
Yeah I would never compare anything remotely here in this backwater country called Belgium to something like LA. We have nothing that even remotely would resemble that. hehe

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Yes, the good lady was a big Wii U fan and fell in love with the first SPLATOON game. She has played more SPLATOON 2 than either me or my son combined but she has decided to leave her old user profile on my Switch and started a new one from scratch on her new Switch. This means she can play local 2 player with my son across two Switches as well. She even had to level up again to be able to play in Salmon Run, lol!

We'll likely be on for Salmon Run whenever it's on and Turf Wars when it isn't. So feel free to give me a shout in here if you fancy joining us.

meppi64

Oh I will. I haven't played as much Splatoon as I would like since playing with random people isn't as much fun.
My best friend bought a Switch late last year and has played Splatoon for 1 hour and that's it. For some reason he never touched it again. Nor the other games. :-/
Probably because it's not a realistic war game or something like that... sigh

It really showed that she knew exactly what she was doing. She clearly saved our butts in more than a couple of games. lol

meppi64

OorWullie

@meppi64 I put in over 1000 hours into the original Splatoon, it was all I played. It's without a doubt my most played game ever. Splatoon 2 I feel like I've hardly played it because of all the other games I have. Even then though my play log has me at over 85 hours. Feels strange to have so many hours logged yet feel like I've barely touched it. I really need to get stuck in to the single player campaign too. Loved the original and it had possibly the greatest boss fight ever.

Cheers for telling your story btw. Happy to hear you've found a place you can be happy at. Very nice garden too. As an animal lover myself and someone who takes care of a few strays over in Thailand, I approve.

About my cabinet, after I ordered my stickers I started coming across ones like that Xevious one as well as an awesome looking Metroid one. I'd live to have a mini cab like the one I have but for playing vertically and decorate it with stickers like that. Maybe next week I will find time to make one.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@meppi64 Look forward to some more Grizzo shifts then buddy. Be ace to get @oorwullie on again as well to fill out a foursome. Plus, be ace to get a SPLATOON 2 games night organised on this thread, Turf Wars with 8 of us or what not?

I'll pass on your compliments to the Mrs. she'll appreciate the feedback. She's very laid back and 'casual' about her gaming. Can go months without playing - often as she has so many other demands on her time from work, me and the kids, lol! But when a game really grabs her, like SPLATOON, she can play for hours, ha! ha!

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@Agent721 Yeah, whilst I don't think my better half actually considers herself a 'gamer', we've enjoyed the hobby together since we met. Nintendo hardware has played a big part in facilitating that.

We've shared consoles and bought our own handhelds in the past. The Switch addiction has grabbed us all strong though and hence why we treated ourselves to a second system for the anniversary of its launch 🍻

Nice to hear you also share your passion for the hobby with your loved one. Can be a really enjoyable shared experience. You should get her on the next MK8 DELUXE session πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@OorWullie
I don't know how many hours I've put into the original Splatoon, but I'm only about 60+ hours into Splatoon 2 I think. Haven't even finished the single player, yet I immediately bought the expansion pass the day it was revealed.
I just have way too many games to play and don't know where to begin, so tons are falling by the wayside.
Still need to continue playing Xenoblade as I'm also around 60 hours in and maybe 30% through the game.
Zelda is the same, nowhere near even the middle of the game even though spending quite a bit of time in that world.

@Lroy Yeah, getting a group of 8 of us together sure would e fun for Turf Wars.
Has she ever tried Picross?
It's a super casual game to play, but oh so addictive once it gets it's hooks into you.
I've put close to 60 hours into the Switch version and have perfected every single puzzle there without a single mistake.
So I went back to my 3DS and I'm playing through Picross e8, waiting for Picross S2 to arrive on Switch.
The yesterday, I went back to Picross 3D-2 on my Japanese 3DS (as it wasn't coming out at the time, I imported one with a couple of Japanese only games, Theathrythm Dragon Quest, Ex Troopers, Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary, The 3 Sega Classics compilations, Zookeeper 3D and Sayonara Umiharakawase to name a few).
It's very different from the regular Picross games, but just as addictive.
The first one is on the regular 3D and basically just as good.
Surprisingly Picross S2 is one of my most wanted games for this year on Switch. lol
It's perfect for a quick 2 minute puzzle, or for that "just one more" type of game.

meppi64

Jbs-Dad

@meppi64 piczle lines is also a great puzzler, that's my chill time game. Slayaway camp is a good one too, if you don't mind Gore. Tumblestones has a ton of content as well, all great. I Will have to try picross sounds my kinda game

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic