Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 69,993

FragRed

@Moshugan Nintendo has killed the Wii U dead. The only reason that game is coming to it at all is because they've been promising it for so long it would create a backlash they'd never recover from. So I doubt they'd release it prior to the NX release

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Moshugan I still believe. I'm just posting the news around the net.

Edit: But you wouldn't put anything past Nintendo. Their complete silence is worrying and Nintendo are King of Delays.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

I could totally imagine even the unveiling being delayed to next year, with a proper blowout at e3

TuVictus

FragRed

@Operative I dunno how well that would work as Microsoft is likely going to do the same with the Scorpio. Nintendo doesn't seem keen to share the spotlight with their unveiling.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Moshugan

If they are planning on delaying it, they should just say it ASAP and not keep the fans hoping!

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

WebHead

just one author's opinion and it blows up.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

IceClimbers

Yeah that's a Forbes contributor's opinion. Means nothing. The Xbox One was revealed only 6 months before launch. They did a whole console reveal, pulled a complete 180, and then advertised the thing in that span.

Nintendo has plenty of time.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

I think it will be a bad move for Nintendo to reveal the NX in October baring in mind that Sony are going to be starting to really push the marketing hype for PSVR that launches also in October.

Octane

@FragRed Then when is the right time? There isn't if you want to avoid all other system announcements, marketing campaigns and games. Nobody's going to leave an empty room so Nintendo can reveal their system. There's always something..

Anyway, so the reveal rumours have been moved from September to October. Let's see how long it takes before they start saying November..

Octane

Moshugan

@FragRed Depending on what the NX will be, it could devour the anticipation for PS VR.
Besides, PS VR isn't as big as they make it out to be. :^)

DefHalan

I actually had a conversation similar to this with co-workers yesterday. Pushing products back because you are worried about other products taking the spot light means you have a bad product.

All games should be delayed to 2017 because Pokemon is releasing in November and nothing can compete against Pokemon...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Also, how many fail "predictions" are people allowed to have until we no longer trust them as "leakers"

Moshugan

@Octane Why not the end of September though? The last week of this month is practically empty!

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Knowing Nintendo logic, if the reveal is in October it'll probably be after PSVR launch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@DefHalan I think most already passed the line that is called ''credible''..

@Moshugan Could be, I don't know.

Octane

DefHalan

@Octane I always hear about Emily Rogers leaks, but I feel like she just throws enough at the wall to see if something sticks, and people only remember what she said that was correct

WebHead

@DefHalan thats a good point. hopefully nintendo isnt thinking this and just wants a close reveal and release.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@DefHalan Unfortunately that's true for most ''leaks''. Nobody ever remembers the stuff when people were wrong. I can't even remember the countless NX rumours we've had in the past year and I wager that most of them, if not all, were completely wrong.

Octane

TuVictus

@DefHalan I have no clue. And why anyone still trusts Emily Rogers is beyond me.

I believe a delay strictly because it's my own personal judgement, not because someone on the internet said it'd happen.

If this is the case, well here, NX will be revealed in an hour.

If not, then definitely this week.

Nahh...in October definitely. I'm definitely still trustworthy.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic