Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 69,991

WebHead

@Operative tbh i think it wont be delayed. they just want a close reveal and release.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MarcelRguez

That Forbes article is garbage for a number of reasons, but the most prominent one is the fact that they built a narrative supoorted only by their own assumptions.

No home video game console since the Japanese release of the PS2 has debuted outside of the fall holiday window, including Nintendo’s own consoles.
What if it's a portable, then, as most outlets seem to think? Assume that's the case and the whole argument falls apart.

Besides that, I've read that the only NX-related thing to come out of that GameStop thing was something like "we'll talk about the NX soon", which would mean the reveal date is fast approaching. I haven't had the time to double-check that info or look up the source, but it's out there.

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Not to come off as one of those braindead Emily Rogers haters, but what the hell would she or her sources know about this?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@MarcelRguez Soon is arbitrary, could even mean something like 6 months away.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano It implies that their original plan about revealing the system this year hasn't changed, though. We've been on the "soon" phase for a while now, to the point where there's no much subjectivity to consider anymore.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I guess nothing is happening. I thought the announcement would be now at 10PM UK/Irish time. Which would be coming up to evening in the States and the start of the day in Japan.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Moshugan

@gizmor Those guys don't know jack! :---)
They're just going off from the Eurogamer rumors.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Grumblevolcano

If it's not revealed in September, I think it'll be announced in 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Using Video Game Industry logic, the NX will be revealed Winter 2016 (which last from September 2016 to October 2017) lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano wrote:

If it's not revealed in September, I think it'll be announced in 2017.

Nintendo said it would be shown this year. But then they say a lot of things and break promises.

I'm sick of waiting now. It's gone beyond the point of being tolerable.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Did they? I believe they only that they would talk more about the NX this year. And they technically did, as they gave us the release window.

Octane

Don

So much for the rumor of NX reveal today.

Don

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane wrote:

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Did they? I believe they only that they would talk more about the NX this year. And they technically did, as they gave us the release window.

Did a quick search but can't find the quote. So this Tweet will have to do.

Edit: Kimishima: "At this current stage, I’m not able to say. However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking. I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/kimishima-nx-represents-a-new-...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Moshugan

@AlternateButtons It starts at 11 AM, Anaheim time, so there's still 18 hours from the writing of this comment.

Moshugan

What makes the lack of NX news all the more excruciating, is that Nintendo has been very active in the social media in the last few days... x)
Everytime I see an update my heart skips a bit... but it started hurting more every time. And now... I can barely feel it. #RIPNX #IdontEvenWantIt #GIMMEGIMME #CantTakeIt

Nintendo must be really pleased to see the intense demand for NX on their comment sections. Hmm.. Maybe we could use reverse psychology and stop all commenting so maybe we'll lure the NX to come out of hiding?

Ugh.. okay everyone. I'm going to bed. I hope I'll wake up to some NX news tomorrow!

Don

@TomJ
I sure hope so, the lack of reveal is killing me.

Don

skywake

Octane wrote:

Anyway, so the reveal rumours have been moved from September to October. Let's see how long it takes before they start saying November..

To be fair most of that has just been reddit chatter. The only source that said September was the original Eurogamer leak and that was more than a month ago now. Nintendo could have easily shifted the reveal a little bit. Alternatively they could have been told something a bit more vague and have interpreted it as a September reveal. Like if they had been told Nintendo will start revealing stuff about their future strategy in September. Which they have. Or that they will reveal the NX before early October.

The other fairly legit sounding sources after that? Well the WSJ has said sometime before early October. Which again lines up with what Eurogamer has said. It lines up to the point where they could have almost been different interpretations of the same thing. Then there's Emily Rogers who people love to hate for some reason. Frankly a far better source of rumours than people like SMD if you ask me. But again, she's converging on the same date.

If the calendar ticks over to November and we still don't know what the NX is? That's when you can start getting cynical. As it is we're still in the first half of September. Nobody other than Reddit has predicted it would be revealed by now. Outside of the assumption that it'd be at E3 by some.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

TomJ wrote:

I am so sick of all this man. Is it seriously pushed that late or am I reading it wrong???

It's not being pushed back. Nintendo has always said that they'd reveal the NX this year. Which implies that it will be revealed before December 31st. There are plenty of days and months between then and now.

NinChocolate

A Nintendo rep from Canada said Fall, if you'll all remember. That's popularly thought of as October time. Most credible and proximate info so far on the matter

That said, Wednesday is also a good day for Nintendo to send out news, lol

NinChocolate

skywake

NinChocolate wrote:

A Nintendo rep from Canada said Fall, if you'll all remember. That's popularly thought of as October time. Most credible and proximate info so far on the matter

That said, Wednesday is also a good day for Nintendo to send out news, lol

Well given that they've confirmed it's being announced this year and it's September already. Narrowing it down to September, October or November doesn't really narrow it down much. Unless it's a December announcement it's going to be announced in one of those months.

NinChocolate

In this thread? Any smidge of narrowing it down is quite well received

NinChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic