Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX

Posts 101 to 120 of 360

zoroarkrules25

I'm betting on this be a cross platform thing, should be interesting what results from here, cam result in an interesting market.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

This was announced way to early and now i am sorta regretting buying the new 3DS & Wii U because i feel like the nintendo NX is around the corner. This is one of the first times where i feel like im generally being ripped-off.

Sigh

I honestly feel like this might be the end of me being a nintendo fan if this doesn't go in just the right way.

Edit: Im surprise how many of you guys are so hyped for this new console. I would hope nintendo makes the console less then $400, keep physical media and make it on par or more powerful then the PS4/X1. I also hope that if it has "smart devices integration" that it wont restrict anyone who doesnt want to use the feature.

Your argument needs some logic, so I will help.

Nintendo will formally announce the NX next year, meaning that it won't come until at least late next year. Next, we know nothing about this console at all. To simply say this announcement is giving you regrets is a sign that you jumped the gun with your judgment far too early

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grawbad

TingLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

This was announced way to early and now i am sorta regretting buying the new 3DS & Wii U because i feel like the nintendo NX is around the corner. This is one of the first times where i feel like im generally being ripped-off.

Sigh

I honestly feel like this might be the end of me being a nintendo fan if this doesn't go in just the right way.

Edit: Im surprise how many of you guys are so hyped for this new console. I would hope nintendo makes the console less then $400, keep physical media and make it on par or more powerful then the PS4/X1. I also hope that if it has "smart devices integration" that it wont restrict anyone who doesnt want to use the feature.

Nintendo will formally announce the NX next year, meaning that it won't come until at least late next year. Next, we know nothing about this console at all. To simply say this announcement is giving you regrets is a sign that you jumped the gun with your judgment far too early

Exactly, we knew of the PS4 and Xbox one as code names years before release. They don't make up these consoles in a year. They are already developing the next console as soon as the other one hits the door. This announcement was about the partnership and the account system, the fact that there is a next gen system in the works shouldn't be big news, it just is because its the first we have heard of it. They put it in there to solidify that you will have a unified account now, continuing on into their next system and going forward as a whole. There is no way its coming out any earlier than late 2016, and I would guess more in line with 2017, but who is to say there with any real certainty. Even if it is late 2016, you must realize that this is 2 years away.

Edited on by Grawbad

Grawbad

renaryuugufan92

Grawbad wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Sigh

Exactly, we knew of the PS4 and Xbox one as code names years before release. They don't make up these consoles in a year. They are already developing the next console as soon as the other one hits the door. This announcement was about the partnership and the account system, the fact that there is a next gen system in the works shouldn't be big news, it just is because its the first we have heard of it. They put it in there to solidify that you will have a unified account now, continuing on into their next system and going forward as a whole. There is no way its coming out any earlier than late 2016, and I would guess more in line with 2017, but who is to say there with any real certainty. Even if it is late 2016, you must realize that this is 2 years away.

even though i am not a graphics wh*re I will say that in my personal opinion if Nintendo makes a third console ina row (Wii was a Gamecube 1.5, and Wii U is on par with the 360 and Ps3 and the differences are not noticeable side by side..) thats on par or just barely above its previous competition in terms of hardware, we will once again see issues with third party and their image will be hurt even more. Sometimes hardware does matter, yes we can have good gameplay with visuals believe it or not and be affordable at the same time.

If the console comes out next year I think Nintendo needs it, I mean the New 3DS is ment to extend the 3DS's lifespan a little more much like the DSi did for the DS, and the Wii U still hasn't reached a good sales pulse with all the games it has had, I'm sorry I love Zelda and Starfox but I just don't see a miracle run away sales success this holiday with the Wii U, buy the time NX releases I'll be pleasently surprised if the system manages to sell 15 mil let alone analysts predictions which point to 19 mil by 2019.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

TeeJay

I'm surprised there are this many pages of discussion already since we know absolutely nothing about this thing...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Sleepingmudkip

I'm just hoping that whatever this is will not hinder any Wii U & 3Ds game development. Your guys positive thoughts about this has made me want to have trust in nintendo.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Well i'm just going to say this the Nintendo NX sounds way better than the Wiiu! I love the name NX!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

martinskrtel37

Nintendo have done nothing but stress that this is just an extension of their brand and doesn't affect their current set up, so why are people freaking out? It's not like your Wii U will blow up upon the release of some tablet/new device and you'll be forced to buy it. Relax kids.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

DefHalan

@renaryuugufan92

The Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

Well i'm just going to say this the Nintendo NX sounds way better than the Wiiu! I love the name NX!

It is just a code name, like the Revolution for the Wii

renaryuugufan92

DefHalan wrote:

@renaryuugufan92

is it noticeable? of course not not even Nintendo have shown us that much even then its still valid to tell them to actually push hardware next time around like they used to (nes,snes,n64 and even the GameCube).

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Oh god they better keep that name.Cause i know damn well they will give it a confusing name,if they had the chance.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Oh god they better keep that name.Cause i know damn well they will give it a confusing name,if they had the chance.

That name isn't staying. They might call it Next, but I don't think so. I think they are going to give it a real name.

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

That name isn't staying. They might call it Next, but I don't think so. I think they are going to give it a real name.

The Ziiu? It's going to have the U in the end of the name,i just know it.

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

the Amazing Super Awesome Nintendo Wii Entertainment U System 64(squared)

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

the Amazing Super Awesome Nintendo Wii Entertainment U System 64(squared)

Now that's what i call a name!Lol

TOUGHDUDE94

They could call it xtreme by using the X in the code name and it will be cool too
handheld
1.if it a handheld I want changeable faceplates
2.want colorful buttons
3.want more options for themes
4.make it have hd out to plug it to a TV using HDMI port
5.have backwards compatibility
6.make it powerful to last and to compete with home consoles
7.must use sd cards and have at least a usb cable even if you use the dsi/3ds charge port
HOME CONSOLE
1.make it very great
2. more powerful to complete with other consoles
3.no gimmicks
4.keep motion control and balance board comp. that could be used with any fitness or Wii compatabity via. digital or physical
5.make game that hard core and everyone will like
BOTH
1.get 3rd parties to love it and want to make games for it
2.sell it to people do not do the wii u anymore make it a new console with a new name Wii and ds has run it course
also make the online free

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

WiiWareWave

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@renaryuugufan92

is it noticeable? of course not not even Nintendo have shown us that much even then its still valid to tell them to actually push hardware next time around like they used to (nes,snes,n64 and even the GameCube).

Yes actually it is, not that it matters much since there are hardly any games that even come close to tapping out the Wii U's potential.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

andrew20 wrote:

They could call it xtreme by using the X in the code name and it will be cool too
handheld
1.if it a handheld I want changeable faceplates
2.want colorful buttons
3.want more options for themes
4.make it have hd out to plug it to a TV using HDMI port
5.have backwards compatibility
6.make it powerful to last and to compete with home consoles
7.must use sd cards and have at least a usb cable even if you use the dsi/3ds charge port
HOME CONSOLE
1.make it very great
2. more powerful to complete with other consoles
3.no gimmicks
4.keep motion control and balance board comp. that could be used with any fitness or Wii compatabity via. digital or physical
5.make game that hard core and everyone will like
BOTH
1.get 3rd parties to love it and want to make games for it
2.sell it to people do not do the wii u anymore make it a new console with a new name Wii and ds has run it course
also make the online free

No gimmicks, I'm sorry as interesting as the idea of a hybrid console is, a hybrid console in itself is a gimmick. My reasoning for this, recently Nintendo's hardware business has been much brighter on the handheld side of things and them merging them sounds like a good idea, in principle,but will it succeed? time will tell.

Heres my wishlist for Nintendo's next generation
1. MARKET YOUR PRODUCTS PLEASE
2. ACTUALLY GIVE US THAT ROBUST ONLINE EXPERIENCE REGGIE insert that one youtube interview with him pre-Wii U launch here
3. do what you do best, quality games.

TuVictus

It's annoying that the word "gimmick" has been twisted into such a negative term. Because it's only through experimentation that we find out where the industry will go. I'm betting a bunch of people would have called the joystick a gimmick if there was internet back then. There's good gimmicks and bad ones, but just doing something different doesn't automatically make the console bad. For example, I hope off tv play sticks around for future Nintendo consoles. I find that to be a good gimmick

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.