Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 261 to 280 of 409

Kermit1doesmath

I'm gonna wait and rent it on digital... I keep getting ill when I go to the theatre.

dysgraphia awareness human

Snatcher

@Owl1 if that’s the case your reasoning is vary, vary justifiable. I wouldn’t want to go ether lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher after seeing Avatar I got a cold that hit me harder than COVID ever did. Then I saw Shazam 2 and got a little tiny cold.

To say I am skeptical (if that's the right word) of theatres now is somewhat true.

getting sick is weird.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Snatcher

@Owl1 If you do decide to go, bring some disaffecting wipes, and wipe down whatever seat your going to sit in, something tells me people aren’t being sanitary.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Kermit1doesmath

@Snatcher don't worry once I go back I will, I'll walk in wearing a hazmat suit if needed.

Snatcher

@Owl1 if you got sick three times, it sounds like it lol. Like goodness.

NintendoByNature

I was going to pre-purchase our tickets but I just checked and Thursday during the same seems wide open. So I don't see the need to pre-purchase and tack on a "convenience fee." I'll take the risk and walk in Thursday hoping we're good for seating.

NintendoByNature

FawfulsFury

I’m surprised about the amount of Mario movie hate on this site especially since it’s not out yet

FawfulsFury

jump

@FawfulsFury Well people were moaning about Pokemon, Zelda Kingdom Sad, Splatoon 3, Paper Mario etc before it was released so it's only fair for people to moan about a movie from the Minions company before its released too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

chipia

I am so disappointed by what I have seen so far. It seems to be just like the games with some light jokes sprinkled in.

I find that especially surprising, because about the first Mario Movie, Miyamoto said that movies should not be straight translations of video games :

"Well, when we first initiated talks about a Super Mario Bros. movie, I tried to emphasize the point that the Mario Bros. games are fun as videogames and if we were going to make a Mario Bros. movie, that movie should be entertaining as a movie, and not a translation of the videogame,"
(from https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/11/miyamoto-remebers-the-...

Based on this critique I thought the new Mario Movie would have a more elaborate plot than the games.

chipia

Rambler

Super Mario Bros Movie 2 - en film av Ingmar Bergman

Rambler

chipia

Owl1 wrote:

Yes, I know that Miyamoto was against stories in GAMES because he thought that the actual gameplay should take the place of a story in video games. But as he said in the quote in the my last post, Movies should not be straight translations of video games, so story has a different role in a movie.

chipia

jump

The complaints seem like it's less "story" related and just there's no structure. In games you naturally have the structure of levels starts and then reach the goal which it hasn't compensated for so the movie sounds like it's a series of Youtube clips which young gamers would probably like anyway since alot of them spend hours of just watching people playing games and the standard of writing in alot of games is abysmal.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

GrailUK

Imagine if there was a lore heavy storyline that folk insisted was 'canon' and be forced into every game going forward for continuity. Sounds unbearable to me.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jump

@GrailUK They should include lore though, it's all well and good featuring random easter eggs from the games but if it has no context for them it's then just random rubbish cluttering up the screen. Besides Nintendo were hands on with the film so it's not like the Minion guys were deciding the lore of Mario now.

I did find it funny people were saying because Nintendo are producing the film it will be good when most people keep talking about how meddling producers who don't understand movies are the ones to ruin them.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

Is it just me who thinks that the "rescue someone from being forced into marriage" plot has queasy undertones?

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Judging that info with the trailer that shows Luigi is the one who was capture therefore he's the one being forced to marry Bowser really makes me really want to see it now!

Nicolai wrote:

Mrkittyhead

Is there anyone else on this thread that enjoyed the movie? I know it’s not perfect, but I really did.

Mrkittyhead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic