Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 241 to 260 of 409

octokid

https://ibb.co/k4ptzYp
Tickets obtained. One week to go until my first visit to a movie theater since November 2019…

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

Dpullam

@octokid This movie is definitely a good reason to go. I debated if it was worth it before most of the trailers were released and now I am sold on the prospect of seeing it in theatres. This is a good reason to take my family to an occasional movie theatre.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Fizza

Got my tickets booked for tomorrow: not only did I manage to squeeze into the very first showing of it EVER in my local area, but I also managed to get the best seats possible (smack dab in the upper middle)!

I'm so damn excited guys.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I looked the schedule for Mario movie in my hometown Surabaya and it will be tomorrow 5 April 2023.
Great, I will prepare some snacks to watch the movie at local cinema.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Taking the family to see this Thursday. Can't wait, it's like a childhood dream come true.

NintendoByNature

Croctopus

My sister secured our tickets to see this in an IMAX on the first night. All I’m expecting is a fun, lighthearted movie packed with awesome Easter eggs, just in time for the season. If it’s better than that, great! I’m surprised at how late reviews are, though.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

PikaPhantom

Reviews are kinda all over the place, but I'm consistently seeing the sentiment that if you're a big Mario fan, you'll have a good time

PikaPhantom

Snatcher

@PikaPhantom So kinda like how it was with the sonic movie? I think I will enjoy it, it might not be the best thing ever, but I think it might be a step in the right direction for video game adaptations.

Definitely will be cool if both sonic and Mario come out with really decent video game adaptations. I might lean towards sonic more, but we will see.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I wonder if SEGA and Nintendo collaborated to make Mario & Sonic movie like from the Olympic Games.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I would kill for that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TheBigBlue

Those reviews that NL compiled into an article are absolutely full blown idiot sauce, I swear. The Rolling Stones guy sounded like he accidentally took the wrong drug instead of watching the movie. One goof said this new movie was worse than the original 1993 one. That’s just flat out ignorant. Actual children would give a better review of this movie, whether they hate it or like it. We don’t really need people in their mid thirties and forties reviewing yet another illumination film. It’s like asking a toddler to review breaking bad.

But again, sonic movie got critically panned as well, and both films turned out ok. I’m not super concerned, this will sell like mania due to the brand recognition alone.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 it is indeed a movie

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 my brain hurts more than the Rolling Stones movie reviewer after watching the Super Mario Movie

BrazillianCara

Not naming names, but some comments in the NL article seem mighty smug about what some of the critics are saying. You can dislike the movie all you want, but there's no need to show off how you expected/hoped it would "fail".

BrazillianCara

Dpullam

I am just going to enjoy the movie for what it is. I don't put much stock into opinions about franchises I already love.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

TheBigBlue

@BrazillianCara I get what you are saying and I agree. Don’t wish for the movie to fail. Be nice to the people who are pumped to see it instead of spreading the message around of “this movie is going to suck”.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic