Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 221 to 240 of 409

Sunsy

New commercial for the movie, they brought back the rap from the classic cartoon.

Also, call the phone number at the end of the video. Cool little thing they did.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

That's genuinely incredibly funny, can't wait for it to come out in a month's time over here in Ireland!

I especially love how they added a 'poor greenscreen' effect to the two Bros, that's just....muah, chef's kiss (linked tweet has profanity).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Fizza Indeed, I don't know if anyone outside the US can call, when I looked up the area code, it's for Brooklyn, NY. I looked at the number and was like "did they make that a real number," and called. I was not disappointed.

I sent in a news tip to @NintendoLife from the contact form below, made sure to mention the phone number in this trailer. I feel many may skip over it, and I think the staff would have fun with what the phone number contained.

Oh dear, I didn't even notice the green screen upon first viewing. Though, I love how the customer is giving me those local ads vibe with the forced acting, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ChaoticMagolor
2 new TV spots of the movie have been airing on television. This is the highest quality version of them I could find as of now.

It seems Bomb-Omb Battlefield and Tostarena will be in this movie!

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

ChaoticMagolor

Welp, the video was taken down by Universal/Illumination within one day lol. I think they might release it to YouTube soon, anyway.

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Fizza

A very pleasant surprise a week before the Direct!

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@Fizza April 7th is my birthday too.

At least it's coming a few days early. Universal just loves doing this. I still remember Trolls World Tour's original April 17, 2020 release date, and then they moved it up to the 10th.

Between Sonic last year and Mario this year, my birthday has been pretty good in recent years.

Edited on by Sunsy

day

I feel like it needs to brought up: Luma is essentially a child glorifying death as a form of relief. For the rest of what this movie Is doing well (and I AM excited to watch it), glamorizing anything close to suicide for children is not worth the laughs.

Edited on by day

day

jump

They are too cowardly to show suicide in the movie. It's like the Shrek film where they made a movie about a talking kitty dying then not have it die so the kids wouldn't cry at the end.

Give credit where credit is due, Disney will happily murder off the parents of the talking animals and princesses to traumatise the little ones.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

jump wrote:

They are too cowardly to show suicide in the movie. It's like the Shrek film where they made a movie about a talking kitty dying then not have it die so the kids wouldn't cry at the end.
Give credit where credit is due, Disney will happily murder off the parents of the talking animals and princesses to traumatise the little ones.

If it's both parents then a new man has to save the protagonist from the cruel new woman; if it's just one parent, it will be the mother who dies and the father will take on both roles with ease as part of the character arc.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I'm still waiting for the Disney princess film where the Dad dies at the beginning so the princess develops Daddy issues and goes through a wild child teen phase.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dpullam

I am honestly super stoked about this movie. I am going to try to look at it as its own stand-alone product that utilizes the Mario franchise and gives context to existing games/stories. As for the actors chosen, I think for the most part they made some good choices. Won't know how much I truly enjoy the actors chosen until I have seen the movie a couple times.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

day

Giggling about death being a way out is not the same thing as having bad things happen to you. I'm not going to argue the merits of any tangent point made in the last few posts. The reality is clear: Luma IS talking about embracing death as a release from a difficult situation. And Luma IS giggling about it.

There's a tragic number of children fantasizing about death around the world; that shouldn't be minimized in a movie made for children. At least they had the "adults" gasp, but it's just too close for comfort and honestly, I think it perpetuates the same problem I've seen with many Illumination movies: their messaging is exceptionally reckless at times.

Edited on by day

day

Croctopus

No one mentions that the blue Luma says, "fresh meat for the grinder!" The grinder is a buzzsaw that appears in Mario World among a few other games, especially in castle levels. Does Bowser execute his prisoners by sawing them in half?!
Untitled

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

TheNumbr24

@Dev9417 i like to imagine that if anyone touches the saws they just ragdoll like in tf2 lol.

TheNumbr24

My Nintendo: TheNumbr24

TheNumbr24

whats the general stance on chris pratt now? i personally think hes starting to sound more like mario.

TheNumbr24

Dpullam

@TheNumbr24 I think it is definitely something that will take getting used to, but as long as the movie itself is fun, especially for kids, nobody will really mind if he truly sounds like Mario. I think regardless, there will be plenty to enjoy about this movie. And to get to the point, I don't mind having him as a part of the Mario movie. As long as he is an asset to the film, I will enjoy it regardless.

TheNumbr24

@Dpullam yeah and in a lot of the new trailers hes sounding more and more like mario to me. i think he will at the very least be a decent va for mario

TheNumbr24

Dpullam

@TheNumbr24 Very much agreed, A different take on Mario, so to speak.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic